The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harvester: Polite Feedback Post Livestream; Detron As Single Drop Is A Reasonable Request

Sir_Alex_Traffo

For someone trying to get revenge for ruining his plans, alad doesnt really even try to kill us. Ive done somewhere near 400 runs total, battle pay for all invasion nodes ive come across and xini farm rest of the time, ive met 1 harvester, didnt even spawn on me, yet even after spawn rates nerf, stalker showed up 8 times with 5 times on me.

If alad really wants revenge then harvester should spawn for EVERY 5 invasion missions done or EVERY battle pay. Done that?? ok then expect harvester during next 10 eligible missions. Its that or make bp use materials instead of parts.

Where were these crazy ppl when I was going mad about stalker drops? And the fact that till today, not 1 single despair has dropped to my feet (1400h of play time, mastery 14, etc etc)

Also, 1 single drop... that would be it... 1 good encounter and ur donne... compared with stalker, this harvester is santa claus.

For detron to be 1 single drop, they would have to make it drop also the prova vandal and another weapon or etc, and then just like my despair, you would never ever get it.

Anyway, what you guys are really crying about is RNG and grinding.

The 2 big taboos and problems of this game.

Detron just shown us all how shameful and bad all the crazy RNG is spit into this game.

Edited by 7grims

Detron just shown us all how shameful and bad all the crazy RNG is spit into this game.

Im okay with rng if everything has equal chance to drop and theres no exceptions in droptables 

Im talking about detron, ember prime, glaive prime, braton prime during release, depsairs and most of mods. 

If we have 3 tiers at which we put drops, common uncommon rare then these should be 3 tiers not 9. Atm we have common common, uncommon common, rare common, common uncommon, uncommon uncommon, rare uncommon, common rare, uncommon rare, rare rare, suffix lists ingame tooltip while prefix lists actual drop rates.

Want some examples??

vital sense - common rare, just go to xini and usual wave 15 reward is that mod, if anyone remembers hellfire thats similiar problem.

latron parts - common common, common uncommon, common rare depending on which part are we looking at, all 3 parts and bp are easy to get from survivals

glaive prime blade,bp - rare rare, blade is more rare than complete forma while bp is rarest drop on t3 def.

void capture keys - rare uncommon, rarest of all void keys since u11 during my farm for ember ive got plenty of defense and exterminate keys but 0 capture ones until i was told that odd have higher chance to drop them, but even that was barely reasonable place to farm them.

Edited by Davoodoo

Where were these crazy ppl when I was going mad about stalker drops? And the fact that till today, not 1 single despair has dropped to my feet (1400h of play time, mastery 14, etc etc)

Also, 1 single drop... that would be it... 1 good encounter and ur donne... compared with stalker, this harvester is santa claus.

For detron to be 1 single drop, they would have to make it drop also the prova vandal and another weapon or etc, and then just like my despair, you would never ever get it.

I've seen Stalker 6 times today while doing invasion missions... So you see the difference? Stalker can be farmed by killing bosses. Did 70 Invasions Today. No Harvester. And yes Despair dropping rate is a problem, but that's not the right topic...

Nothing has changed with the last hotfix, but we should have a way now to test how Harvester works.

This makes me think that drops or spawn rate won't change, seems like it's not in DE plans.

Also, people reporting getting marked from grineer invasions, corpus invasions, assassinations....it's all messed up now, I'm starting to think also that during livestream Steve gave us some poorly relevant information....

Also, people reporting getting marked from grineer invasions, corpus invasions, assassinations....it's all messed up now, I'm starting to think also that during livestream Steve gave us some poorly relevant information....

It seems that if you were marked before hotfix then 1st mission after hotfix will give you mail, no matter what it was. Personally havent seen any evidence to prove that it isnt the case.

Edited by Davoodoo

It seems that if you were marked before hotfix then 1st mission after hotfix will give you mail, no matter what it was. Personally havent seen any evidence to prove that it isnt the case.

And what's the mark otherwise then?

Cause I had 7 active battle pays before hotfix and this morning I did 2 invasion runs without receiving any message.

Are you telling me that battle pays don't give Harvester mark? Good, then should I assume Steve words should have been decrypted cause he was not really saying what he was actually saying?

And what's the mark otherwise then?

Cause I had 7 active battle pays before hotfix and this morning I did 2 invasion runs without receiving any message.

Are you telling me that battle pays don't give Harvester mark? Good, then should I assume Steve words should have been decrypted cause he was not really saying what he was actually saying?

You wont get multiple marks, after you meet harvester you can try to get another mark

I haven't read through the thread much, so forgive me if this was already suggested.

The new mark system is fine, it's good to know when you definitely have it. Though this is what I'm thinking...

6q7XO.jpg

Notice how he says "shortly". That can have over an infinite definitions with RNG in play. "Shortly" an be in one run, in 20 runs, or even 8902 runs (alright, at that point you're BOUND to get one, but the idea still stands). So what I suggest is to keep a range on the Harvester and the Stalker whenever you get the message from them. 

The percentages can still be there, but limit it. For example: you're guaranteed to get an encounter within 100 completed missions. It'll still be 0.5% (or whatever it is) in each mission, but by the time you get to your 100th mission and still haven't encountered it, you're guaranteed to get the encounter. 

Edited by Twixer

Please DE, do something about this matter! Think about us veterans, RNG walls and low spawn rate is very frustrating when you have no/a few things the game can offer you but new updates!

The message system was a good addition, but I'm sure you understand that the mechanic is the actual problem and that it's pretty insane at the current state!

I dislike things being "rare" and would prefer they rather require surmounting a very difficult challenge to acquire.  It'd be far more interesting to, say, fight a lengthy, challenging, well thought out multi-stage boss to acquire the Detron rather than grind an easy mission 200 times.

Grind in any form is a bad thing to me; it's fake gameplay.  Eschewing grind for real gameplay; interesting and dynamic challenges would be far more preferable.

It'd be interesting if a pack of harvesters came after the players periodically throughout the mission, stalking them and hunting them like prey.  They could separate a single tenno from the squad and attack him alone; thus requiring the squad to remain cohesive.  And if you could complete the mission despite those odds, you'd receive Detron parts.

That would be awesome.

And looking at the newest hot topics... this is what I feared. DE REALLY thought that the proper change needed was the notification.

DE really has no idea what the community wants, it seems.

Edited by NikolaiLev

Too bad DE doesn't give a S#&$ about how bad it is and how much time is wasted pointlessly. From the Community Hot Topics today this was said about the detron:

Detron RNG

With the changes to Invasion frequency and the new ‘'Notification' system, the Detron will likely not be changed.

The new notification system makes it easier to understand how to spawn the Harvester and should make the Detron easier to acquire.

There is one thing to note – the more players in a mission that have Alad V’s attention, the more likely Harvester is to spawn.

Much easier to understand when they are after us? How does knowing that we're being hunted make them spawn more and drop the right detron parts? It doesn't, it's just as difficult to obtain the detron now as it always was. We knew what triggers the mark, the issue wasn't knowing if we're being hunted or not, the issue was that they hardly ever spawn and then the luck you need to get all the detron parts is something obtainable only by a masterful Jedi.

I'm guessing the deal with multiple players is the same thing like the stalker being 1.5% + 0.5% per player. Although it most likely is lower as I've done at least 80 grineer invasions and hundreds of other missions since being "marked" and have yet to even see the harvester once. The numbers have to be tweaked somewhere, whether it be a higher flat spawn chance, increasing chance over time, an item that increases spawn rates, guaranteed drop of some kind (cutting out the no drop rng), anything really. Just something that makes this a bit more bearable for those who really want this.

because knowing your being hunted means you can join others in a game who are also being hunted, which results in literally less runs to cause him to appear.

I have yet to complete all 5 missions fighting for the Grineer without getting marked.

I am not experiencing a issue with this system.