Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova

Finaros

Her 2 is a mini absorb which can get her killed while she tries to fly it and her 4 stops killing groups half way into t3 defense. Wouldn't mind even if her 4 was dropped from 800 to 400 if it would get people to stop complaining about it.

You realise that most other frames abilities stop to kill anything half way into t2 defence (lvl20-25 evenemies)? 

And Mprime is good CC and damage buff even without the explosion.

Edited by Monolake

It's not that the Nova is OP.

It's that the current damage system for warframe abilities sucks, and doesn't scale in to the later content.

Nova is currently the only damage frame that can handle the current 'end-game'. :\

M-prime is only horrendous in the early to mid game. Late game it's by no means overpowered, and one of the more necessary abilities to allow players to actually damage enemies.

M-Prime + Sonar = Actual damage.

And I noticed MP (without blind rage) is far less effective against Corpus. 

Maybe weak against shields ? 

Still I find Nova balanced and, as said above, the only frame that can handle the "end-game". 

Balance is relative thing, you know, if one frame can dish out 100 times more damage than others its called OP.  

Balance is relative thing, you know, if one frame can dish out 100 times more damage than others its called OP.  

not because the other frames are too weak and their power doesn't scale? what logic. 

Why is Nova, Rhino, Nyx, Loki, Trinity etc, are considered useful for end game? 

Because their power scale. Yes, Nova dps is above all, but she is a damage frame.

So what? You wanted all frames to have the same damage power? If that is the case then we don't need any combination of frames being group together. 

So basically 4 lokis, 4 trinities, 4 novas, 4 rhinos etc can just finish the missions for a long period of time without even need any other frames. 

This is a game where one frame good in this area and the another good in other. 

Trinity is best for support/ heal, Frost/Vauban/ Nyx for def, Rhino for tank, and Nova is damage.  That's their role. 

I suggested in another thread the changes that could be made to Nova that would balance her and stop irritating other player, because it would stop irritating Nova type behaviours in the pursuit of kills. My suggestion was met with complete horror and refusal by Nova players.

It was:

1. MP shouldn't be able to be recast until the previous one has worn off or all the enemies affected are killed. The duration of MP should be similar to rhino stomp or anything between 15-30s

2. All kills from MP should be distributed evenly across the team, so if a Nova primes 20 enemies that explode, everyone in a team of 4 gets 5 kills. This should apply to all kills made with Warframe offensive powers for any warframe e.g. frost rhino, Saryn etc..

Now I cannot see any problem with above and it will definitely change the behaviours.

Edited by DaveC

I suggested in another thread the changes that could be made to Nova that would balance her and stop irritating other player, because it would stop irritating Nova type behaviours in the pursuit of kills. My suggestion was met with complete horror and refusal by Nova players.

It was:

1. MP shouldn't be able to be recast until the previous one has worn off or all the enemies affected are killed. The duration of MP should be similar to rhino stomp or anything between 15-30s

2. All kills from MP should be distributed evenly across the team, so if a Nova primes 20 enemies that explode, everyone in a team of 4 gets 5 kills. This should apply to all kills made with Warframe offensive powers for any warframe e.g. frost rhino, Saryn etc..

Now I cannot see any problem with above and it will definitely change the behaviours.

I would toss back right at you then if this is the case, all spammable skill will need to have a timer and can't be recast until their abilities wear off. 

This doesn't change the fact that you merely nerfing Nova in making it a frustrating frame to use. 

ps, how I like you only stated "offensive powers"  and ignore other spammable skill. 

Edited by SElZE

Just wanted to start a topic couse  NOVA... I noticed that Nova warframe is to powerfull,fast, and that ability MolecualPrime or whatever - totaly ruining  the game fun.Is nice to kill alot sometimes but seruisly where is tha fun in that ?That Killstreak that was - all Novas kills over 500000 is that tell u something ? I personaly dont like Nova in Squad so had to play Solo moust of the time...Please  Rebalace NOVA, for the game sake...

From what you said, the problem is not Nova but the game system. It doesn't let you choose who should be in your run. 

So if DE make how the host able to choose who able to join the run, then this should fix. 

I really love the ignorance of people who only concentrated on damage, damage, and damage, without considered other areas of the game. 

If damage is everything, we wouldn't need missions such as defense and survival. 

..Why doesn't anyone complain about Nyx who has an alternate AMD as a ulti that scales infinitely?

Maybe because its not nearly as devastating as Mprime or Antimatter? And pretty slow too. You can find a thread here complaining that Nyx absorb is underwhelming compared to Antimatter for details. Chaos is perfectly balanced for how unspammable it is, and has other limitations,  it never kills everything in few seconds, but its never useless bieng more of a CC - good design. 

not because the other frames are too weak and their power doesn't scale? what logic. 

Why is Nova, Rhino, Nyx, Loki, Trinity etc, are considered useful for end game? 

Because their power scale. Yes, Nova dps is above all, but she is a damage frame.

So what? You wanted all frames to have the same damage power? If that is the case then we don't need any combination of frames being group together. 

So basically 4 lokis, 4 trinities, 4 novas, 4 rhinos etc can just finish the missions for a long period of time without even need any other frames. 

This is a game where one frame good in this area and the another good in other. 

Trinity is best for support/ heal, Frost/Vauban/ Nyx for def, Rhino for tank, and Nova is damage.  That's their role. 

Ember and Volt are also damage frames...  yet they cant nuke for 300000, "what logic" DE had when they made Nova and Im really curious.

Ember and Volt are also damage frames...  yet they cant nuke for 300000, "what logic" DE had when they made Nova and Im really curious.

Their damage doesn't scale. Why do you think no players actually ask for them in long survival/ def run? Why is it they only ask for frost, rhino, trinity, nova, vauban, etc? 

Isn't this is why volt and ember need buff. Also, Look at health, and look at shield, they are higher than Nova. Their abilities temporarily help them out of danger such as shield and accelerant. 

In my experiences, power that doesn't scale doesn't last long in survival and def. Eventually it'll become completely useless. 

ps: edit spelling errors. 

Edited by SElZE

This Nova users are laughable pointing out other warframe for being OP so that their Nova dont get a freaking nerf. DE should really scale other warframes to be reliable on end game or/and have a power combination to be more effective in some situations like using some volt skill + ember skill = more damage 

This Nova users are laughable pointing out other warframe for being OP so that their Nova dont get a freaking nerf. DE should really scale other warframes to be reliable on end game or/and have a power combination to be more effective in some situations like using some volt skill + ember skill = more damage 

while stating the phrase, while doesn't give any reasoning, just a statement, and you said they are laughable. 

When you compared something, you don't compare only the damage, you compare everything that make up the game, that included def, survival, shield, health, damage, range, duration, factions etc. 

So far in this thread, it's mostly about Nova's dps, no one actually bothered to compare her survival, def, or solo ability. 

Seriously. The only reason Nova is OP, is because the other damage frames just don't scale in to the end game.

This isn't a problem with Nova. This is a problem with how the system has been set up.

As it is, the system favours weapons over abilities. Then look at how Nova's drop works. It... um... scales... with weapon damage.

It's a skill that scales with the games main player focus. Weapons.

Seriously. The only reason Nova is OP, is because the other damage frames just don't scale in to the end game.

This isn't a problem with Nova. This is a problem with how the system has been set up.

As it is, the system favours weapons over abilities. Then look at how Nova's drop works. It... um... scales... with weapon damage.

It's a skill that scales with the games main player focus. Weapons.

It's not so much the weapons but it's the percent scaling. Anyone who played any type of mmos long enough would know percent damage > flat damage scaling in end game. Only a few offense type warframes have this like mag shield polarize (which is better than both nova's damage skills in high lvl corpus) and some of them have little to no utility to offer. 

Reading all this hate I'm wondering if I'm the only player who is seriously happy when a Nova in my team MP's all the map and helps a lot. 

If you are just looking for SCORE, then you didn't understand the game. It's about teaming up together to reach a goal, not about a competition between players to be the best killer ever. 

I'm pretty sure all these people asking for a Nova nerf are the same who are always asking for PVP improvement. 

If you nerf Nova, you loose one of the only effective keys to be effective in high level content. You selfish are always asking for the nerf of a warframe you don't use, in an attempt to ruin the best fun of many players. YES Nova is really good. YES lots of people love this warframe. NO, you can't ask for the death of this warframe just because you've seen some spammy players and you are not avised enough to click "private match". Play with friends, speak with them, and you will see Nova is a great present in any team.  

All these Nova spamming their ult' are not "stealing" your kills. They are doing their job. 
Simple as that.

Reading all this hate I'm wondering if I'm the only player who is seriously happy when a Nova in my team MP's all the map and helps a lot. 

If you are just looking for SCORE, then you didn't understand the game. It's about teaming up together to reach a goal, not about a competition between players to be the best killer ever. 

I'm pretty sure all these people asking for a Nova nerf are the same who are always asking for PVP improvement. 

If you nerf Nova, you loose one of the only effective keys to be effective in high level content. You selfish are always asking for the nerf of a warframe you don't use, in an attempt to ruin the best fun of many players. YES Nova is really good. YES lots of people love this warframe. NO, you can't ask for the death of this warframe just because you've seen some spammy players and you are not avised enough to click "private match". Play with friends, speak with them, and you will see Nova is a great present in any team.  

All these Nova spamming their ult' are not "stealing" your kills. They are doing their job. 

Simple as that.

The reason people are so annoyed at Novas are because they make the game so boring, and also making it hard to rank up your weapons. She is, by a titanic margin, the biggest "no fun allowed" frame. Maybe it's fine to mash 4 while people are watching a movie or something, but it just trivializes the game even more than any other ult in the game. If Novas want to go around nuking maps for 30+min, maybe THEY should go solo or something.

The reason people are so annoyed at Novas are because they make the game so boring, and also making it hard to rank up your weapons. She is, by a titanic margin, the biggest "no fun allowed" frame. Maybe it's fine to mash 4 while people are watching a movie or something, but it just trivializes the game even more than any other ult in the game. If Novas want to go around nuking maps for 30+min, maybe THEY should go solo or something.

What about all the other 'press 4 to win' frames? (not defending nova, just more than just her echo that action)