The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Restore Overheat To Ember

NikolaiLev

This was honestly the most interesting ability of her kit.  It made her into a caster-brawler; she was tanky enough to get into melee range slapfights with enemies while putting out hefty fire damage.  It synergized with her ultimate, and was a useful ability in its own right.

Its replacement, however, is a bland AoE stun with a fire damage multiplier.  I can't even imagine how it could've been more dull.  It doesn't really have a place in her kit; it's just as much an outlier as Fire Blast is.  I suppose it could be useful, but I certainly never find myself using it.  The energy is better left saved to spend on World On Fire.

So I'd like to see Overheat come back.  If Accelerant is to stay, I'd far rather it replace Fire Blast, which is an uninteresting ability largely used for defense missions.  Her playstyle is too mobile to warrant a static ability, so I think Overheat should replace Fire Blast, at its old cost of 50.

I do agree that Fire Blast does not seem to fit Ember as a static ability, however I do understand where they are coming from not wanting to give Ember a tank type ability. I wouldn't mind seeing Fire Blast changed to something more utility (maybe a buff to teammates that grants temporary fire dmg to their weapons?). I'm not saying I didn't love Overheat, but I do understand them wanting to remove it.

I do agree that Fire Blast does not seem to fit Ember as a static ability, however I do understand where they are coming from not wanting to give Ember a tank type ability. I wouldn't mind seeing Fire Blast changed to something more utility (maybe a buff to teammates that grants temporary fire dmg to their weapons?). I'm not saying I didn't love Overheat, but I do understand them wanting to remove it.

This, I'm loving the lack of overheat though, Accelerant fits closer to my playstyle and I never go down playing Ember. That said I almost never go down because I know how to evade damage.

I don't.  Why is DE allergic to neat concepts?  They seem to dislike the MMO archetypes, considering Trinity (who was intended to have tank, support and DPS in one kit, though she was a failure for that concept imo).

I'm pretty sure they wanted to address her not scaling into lategame well, but did a poor job of that too.

Edited by NikolaiLev

I actually really like Accelerant, and I agree with DE that a caster type frame shouldn't have a tank type ability. Don't get me wrong, I loved Overheat and used the crap out of it. I just think they are looking for people to play Ember a little different than they were. I do really think that the point about Fire Blast was quite valid, but I see absolutely no reason to bring overheat back. Like I said, I would love to see some sort or buff to teammates, I think engulfing all of your teammates weapons in flames (with a cool cosmetic effect of course) and giving them bonus fire damage for a period of time would be great. I just don't see the need for Overheat to return. But, this is just my opinion. I completely understand where you are coming from, I did enjoy Overhead but I understand the reason for it being removed.

Edited by zeroythe

Accelerant can make WoF (and Ignis, any weapon with pure fire elemental mod, and her other abilities) do 5.7 times more damage though!  If you build her correctly, it can make her abilities a lot stronger!!

That being said, she's still very weak in the defense catagory, and since she needs to be in the middle of the fight for both Accelerant and WoF to be effective, it is hard to use her in higher levels

Edited by CannaWhoopazz

I for ember not to have Overheat back, it's a tanking ability for high-end which kicks rhino off.

DE should re-vamp ember other abilities...

I don't.  Why is DE allergic to neat concepts?  They seem to dislike the MMO archetypes, considering Trinity (who was intended to have tank, support and DPS in one kit, though she was a failure for that concept imo).

Tank... what tank? seems you way of classifying a "Frame/Entity" as tank totally difference from mine.

Trinity = healer, aka support, i agree on this.

DPS...? trinity doesn't have any direct line DPS/ damaging abilities, unless you'r saying link+blessing. DPS are depended on the Weapons (Primary/Secondary/Melee)

Accelerant can make WoF (and Ignis, any weapon with pure fire elemental mod, and her other abilities) do 5.7 times more damage though!  If you build her correctly, it can make her abilities a lot stronger!!

That being said, she's still very weak in the defense catagory, and since she needs to be in the middle of the fight for both Accelerant and WoF to be effective, it is hard to use her in higher levels

It's still a boring ability.  If they want her to have more damage, they can simply buff the abilities themselves.  If they want them to scale, let them deal %hp damage.

Game design isn't as hard as people make it out to be.  It just requires some creativity.

oo i see.

cuz from what i know, "Tank" is someone who's able to hold "aggro" + their ground w/o dying...

how does 3 + 4 hold the aggro?

Under the sense of 'Hold Aggro' Nyx is the only tank in Warframe, not Frost/Rhino/Trinity. In Warframe, the term tank is used for the idea of someone who can take a lot of punishment and not die.

Under the sense of 'Hold Aggro' Nyx is the only tank in Warframe, not Frost/Rhino/Trinity. In Warframe, the term tank is used for the idea of someone who can take a lot of punishment and not die.

I still don't get how Frost can be a tank? Unless you mean staying in his globe, and his globe tank for him and he can't quite move?

I still don't get how Frost can be a tank? Unless you mean staying in his globe, and his globe tank for him and he can't quite move?

DE refers to him as one, they also gave him 190 armor, an armor helmet and high shields..

1 - Combine Fireball with Fireblast (so you have a ranged, albeit weaker, huge aoe denial ability)

2 - Accelerant stays

3 - Overheat gets brought back (but maybe don't make its damage reduction scale with Focus anymore?)

4 - World on Fire stays

Everyone wins! :D

1 - Combine Fireball with Fireblast (so you have a ranged, albeit weaker, huge aoe denial ability)

2 - Accelerant stays

3 - Overheat gets brought back (but maybe don't make its damage reduction scale with Focus anymore?)

4 - World on Fire stays

Everyone wins! :D

A fireball that leaves fire would be ridiculously overpowered.

However, doing something like making fireball proc a fire blast if you have Accelerant and/or Overheat on would be neat.