The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch F***ing Tv

Serialkillerwhale

it's DE. Twitch give the option for streams to force it.

Been trying to verify my gmail for about 20 minutes it just won't work, even tho it's logged in with FB. Twitch verification seems to be a piece of crap. Unless it's gmail blocking their emails, which is unlikley, and no it's not in the spam folder.

Facebook IS needed to chat on DE chat.

I hate that. I loathe Facebook and all it stands for, and you will NOT force me into it.

That doesn't mean I can't be unhappy about that. I mean, I don't even know if it is also necessary for the plat prizes.

Proof:

Facebook_twitch.png

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

I cannot confirm that, Kaian. I am logged into Twitch and have Facebook blocked via NoScript and Ghostery. I can chat with no problem.

Sorry, I didnt see the message with Facebook Connect. It's true.

Edited by Moojiji

Facebook IS needed to chat on DE chat.

I hate that. I loathe Facebook and all it stands for, and you will NOT force me into it.

That doesn't mean I can't be unhappy about that. I mean, I don't even know if it is also necessary for the plat prizes.

Proof:

-snip-

You do NOT need to be able to chat to win platinum prizes :) Just log in while watching is all thats needed to be able to win.

Facebook IS evil. Do they still require you to give them access to your email account? I did that once. It was an email account I only used for other non-essential online stuff and never sent messages from to any of my friends. Nevertheless, soon after that Facebook sent me a recommendation for a friend I only had contact with on a completely different email account. Since then I didn't log in again and won't ever. They also track you with invisible trackers, which you can block with Ghostery (an addon for Firefox).

You guys act as if facebook is worse than Hitler himself.

Isn't it!? Who actaully likes to used that piece of crap!? I have it only for social obligations, not because i like it. I rarely log in... too much gossip and annoying memes all the time!

Isn't it!? Who actaully likes to used that piece of crap!? I have it only for social obligations, not because i like it. I rarely log in... too much gossip and annoying memes all the time!

Actually, a very large portion of my family uses Facebook. Without it, I wouldn't have become reconnected with them, since I live far away from them.

I frankly don't use facebook much, nor do I really like it... but it does have some very good points about it. Yeah, there are people out there that use it for nefarious means and yeah, companies are heavily flocking toward it for promotional means (Seeing as it's THE most popular social media on the internet, can you blame them?), but it does help keep friends and families together. Hate on it all you want, but that's the truth. I'm proof of that.

Now, as for DE needing you to have Facebook to post in their livestreams, I don't see the problem. You can still be in the livestream contests and can still actually watch the livestreams. And you can make a facebook account in mere minutes - all with fake information.

Edited by SoulEchelon