Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Needs A Rebalance Badly

EnForest

Absolutely not.

There are mods for all that. I'd rather have the Tigris be a beast against only one faction  that meh against all of them.

You don't use the proper mods. Get yourself Seeking Force, etc, etc.

Another "constructive" l2p post. Honestly don't want to waste my time with you, do yourself a favor and read the thread carefully.

Edited by EnForest

The fact that I disagree with you doesn't mean I didn't read it.

I love my Tigris and how does it blast through infested crowds. I love how the small mag size makes you fight moving battles, running for the best place so you can kill a horde with a single shot.  I can always count on my Tigris making way in ODS games, because the 1200 damage that you think is overkill vs infested is very necessary when dealing with high level mobs on Derelict Survival games.

Mind you it's not a single, 1200 damage bullet. Damage gets spread.

I love how after some mods, those 1200 "useless" damage bring another 1500 corrosive or radiactive damage that certainly work against Grineer and the rest despite your opinion.

And, even if all these points were wrong, well, what is the problem with having a gun that excels against a faction but excels a bit less agains the others?

We don't need all guns to be equally useful against all factions.

Well good for you. Glad you like how the Tigris forces you to run around trying to find one spot or angle where you can make the most of its extremely limited capabilities.

I certainly don't and I'm sure other players don't either. It's tiring, frustrating, and irritating. A good weapon should make your job easier and the Tigris does NOT make killing Infested in general easier. Adding punch-through on the Tigris doesn't help when your enemy is spread out across a broad front.

That being said, I'll name one anti-Infested "shotgun" that really does the job and does it well. Drakgoon. Although with the right mods, the Sobek does come close.

Honestly, I think the Tigris ought to be retired from the marketplace. As I said previously, a shotgun with such an antiquated firing and loading / reloading mechanism and extremely limited internal ammunition capacity really can't compete against the likes of more modern weapons like the Sobek with its semi-auto/auto fire mechanism and large 20 round mag - and the Drak with its adjustable cone of fire and massive pellet count and bounce.

Edited by MirageKnight

I find the tigris to be one of the more fun weapons to use.  Yeah its not the best weapon - but its a double barrel shotgun, and definitely has the punch for it.  Its very fun, if you're into it.  If you're not, its probably a throw away 3k mastery points.  Which can be said for every weapon in the game - either you like it, or you just level it and move on.  Its not like you need to use the best weapon in the game with the best loadout in order to complete a mission.  Heck, I'd love to see more weapons with the tigris trigger style, it could be used on a burst style weapon to give it more control over its burst (or give it a burst with more shots).

The fact that I disagree with you doesn't mean I didn't read it.

I love my Tigris and how does it blast through infested crowds. I love how the small mag size makes you fight moving battles, running for the best place so you can kill a horde with a single shot.  I can always count on my Tigris making way in ODS games, because the 1200 damage that you think is overkill vs infested is very necessary when dealing with high level mobs on Derelict Survival games.

Mind you it's not a single, 1200 damage bullet. Damage gets spread.

I love how after some mods, those 1200 "useless" damage bring another 1500 corrosive or radiactive damage that certainly work against Grineer and the rest despite your opinion.

And, even if all these points were wrong, well, what is the problem with having a gun that excels against a faction but excels a bit less agains the others?

We don't need all guns to be equally useful against all factions.

Or you could just stop masochism and bring Hek, Drakgoon, Boar Prime or Sobek instead.

Edited by EnForest

They could quadrupple the damage on Tigris and I wouldn't waste my time with it because the gun just feels like S#&$.  That reload is too long.  It's like a punishment, a time out.  Bad player bad!  Here is your dunce gun!  Now go back to your enemy horde and get over run.  Bring a knife to a gun fight.

Well they should also ditch that stupid firing mechanism while they are at it.

It just feels extremely awkward to use. Especialy if one shot is enough for your enemy and you would rather want to use the second one on a different enemy in a 90° different possition, WITHOUT having to hold down the trigger the whole time.

Why can't it just the be simple 2 clicks 2 shots mechanism like on the Bronco? Where is the difficulty or disadvantage in that? It's just needlessly complicated for the sake of being complicated.

A two shot burst on a two shot weapon...

Also a two shot weapon specialized in dealing with infested... genius. Double Genius that we get the much more suited flak cannon a little time later.

All I wanted was the SSG from Doom II, but no, I got this instead.

It's pretty silly if you have a sense of humor though. Like you can put on

Funniest part about this gun is using Ammo Stock and giving it 3 extremely quick shots before reload.

I never tried Ammo Stock + Burdened Magazine because the reload rate is trash enough already, but it would be REALLY entertaining to have 4 shots before needing to reload, two quick bursts per reload.

Edited by Volume

we don't need more Weapons that have equal damages of all Physicals. that's bad for the design of the game.

Weapons should be tilted towards one Physical, even if it's only slightly.

besides, Physical Damage types really don't matter much in the current Meta - it's just what the total is. i'd be fine with Weapons all being 100% Slash - because they'd still boost Elementals to fantastic Damage amounts that are more than 75% of a Weapons' Damage Output.

the way i see it, Weapons dealing a lot of Slash Damage is a balancing aspect to keep them from being 'OP' with Mods.

the best change would be for Tigris to Reload faster. and the worst would be to increase it's 'Magazine' size. it's a double barrel shotgun - having more than two shells while could be acceptable, would be weird.

Or you could just throw on seeking force and decimate an entire swarm in one shot.

This.

I love my Tigris and I do wish it's niche was a little larger, but as a weapon it makes a TON more sense if you assume punch-through. It's a shame punch-through is a dedicated standalone mod on pistols and shotguns still though. Would be nice to see punch through + reload speed get put in, just as a minor nod to the Tigris and Hek.

Slash + Burst is not a reason to redesign a weapon just because it's not really called for at this time. We have an entire new faction coming, and last I heard they still intend to retool Infested some more. Who knows what the future will hold. We can't just declare everything worthless because it's not optimal vs common targets today.

Edited by VKhaun

Honestly this is what I've come to understand from reading the "criticisms" on this thread:

People refuse to learn how the gun works, instead relying on run of the mill mechanics to do the job for them. The Tigris has the steepest learning curve in the game, and it is fun to use for those who can overcome the said learning curve.

People requesting buffs to this weapon just have not utilized this weapon to the maximum potential. I find no toruble in doing a bit of work to make my loadout useful. 

Ideal way to use the Tigris:

Punch Through

Stack as many damage mods as you can.

Throw on Corrosive and Blast elemental damage.

Use a Wyrm sentinel with the radial stun ability.

Equip Coolant leak on your sentinel.

Fire 1 shot at a time, aiming for centre-mass for maximum damage potential.

And if you follow those instructions, you should have no trouble having fun with this gun.

If you think it doesn't do the same stuff as other guns, you're right, but at the same time, I find it to be much more rewarding to use it in comparison to the guns where all I have to do is click and forget about tactics.

My 2 cents.

My personal take on this Tigris, is yeah, it excels at it's role when modded properly, I did find myself enjoying it against Infested when I leveled it.

However, the Drak and Boar Prime can do what it does faster, with more damage, in a far more effective manner against ALL factions.

There's no reason for it to fill this niche if it's already rendered obsolete here.

Honestly this is what I've come to understand from reading the "criticisms" on this thread:

People refuse to learn how the gun works, instead relying on run of the mill mechanics to do the job for them. The Tigris has the steepest learning curve in the game, and it is fun to use for those who can overcome the said learning curve.

People requesting buffs to this weapon just have not utilized this weapon to the maximum potential. I find no toruble in doing a bit of work to make my loadout useful. 

Ideal way to use the Tigris:

Punch Through

Stack as many damage mods as you can.

Throw on Corrosive and Blast elemental damage.

Use a Wyrm sentinel with the radial stun ability.

Equip Coolant leak on your sentinel.

Fire 1 shot at a time, aiming for centre-mass for maximum damage potential.

And if you follow those instructions, you should have no trouble having fun with this gun.

If you think it doesn't do the same stuff as other guns, you're right, but at the same time, I find it to be much more rewarding to use it in comparison to the guns where all I have to do is click and forget about tactics.

My 2 cents.

That goes for just about any weapon in this game.  This is not some sort of best practices for tigris.  This is the same for all weapons including the ones with better performance.

I find this gun to be one of the worst grinds in the game, I a few days ago i bought the mk1 back to get the mastery and also got the hek I found leveling the mk1 without a potato to be far easier than the Tigris and the Hek was not much of a pain.

This is one of those guns where you get more XP for it by just having it passive on your back than trying to shoot it.

Yes I can see that the damage will scale well eventually but even with max tac-pump the reload is too long, which is my main gripe and i do not like the fire gimmick

OH I strongly disagree with even spread damage type guns. that is really not using your head.

A gun that has a strong single damage type can be maxed out with a single mod for that damage type, a gun which has its damage split between two damage types needs two mods to max out the damage, and three needs three!

that means you lose 2 slots which could be used for elemental or crit or something useful, you have wasted 2 slots to bring the damage up to the same level.

Forget about damage type bonuses, as the base damage type is only 1 third of the available damage once you equip elements so element builds with the extra slots will give you far more damage against any enemy type than your splt damage gun would ever do.

A gun that has a strong single damage type can be maxed out with a single mod for that damage type, a gun which has its damage split between two damage types needs two mods to max out the damage, and three needs three!

Physical Damage Mods are useless on all Weapons, however. they are equally not useful :/

they're only useful if you don't have any Elementals in your Mod Collection. which is such a small percentage of Players. by the end of Mercury you probably have a couple of those Mods. and a couple more by the end of Venus.

The Tigris is my favorite weapon in the entire game. I almost never use it. I adore that it isn't just another generic shotgun that has different stats and a different model. You have to think to use it well against things that don't all stand in one place(while I kill one enemy, I'm already lining up the shot in my mind to another to empty the gun and start the reload). It forces you to play differently and the ammo limitation makes you think about what you're doing instead of just standing in place and shooting. When I use the Tigris, I am much more mobile, use cover more effectively and have a much better time because instead of just having a million rounds to pump at all the enemies in front of me, I have two(don't have all the "required" shotgun mods yet >.>). Being forced to reload gives me a reason to keep moving all the time. I don't know what would make the gun better, all I know is that it isn't good without formaing it. Things I would want to try would be:
-Buff damage, nerf reload time; Make it a heavy weapon. If you need to kill lots of creeps, bring a secondary for that. We Tenno are supposed to use all of our weapons effectively
-Tighten Spread, reduce damage dropoff; make it effective as a weapon designed to kill one or maybe two people at a time, but more riflelike in function
- Add more shot but have a better spread so a majority hits the center and keep damage the same; For single target, ranged attack creeps(grineer/corpus), you can do a fair amount of damage. For groups, the spread allows you to have a better shot at hurting more then one target