Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris: The Poor Man's Penta

Boondorl

Try to play with that ogris, and dont kill yourself, or try to hit 1enemy who stand 10m away from you

Actually, unless you are running a high defense frame, you can kill yourself with the Ogris just as easily without Heavy Caliber. If it can already one shot you, there is little point in holding back on the Heavy Caliber.

you cant aim with that

Why would I need to aim? It's a splash damage weapon. I generally bring along the Ogris whenever I do a high level defense mission. Get somewhere safe and fire in the general direction of the pod. If you have Firestorm equipped, you need to aim even less. The Ogris may not be ideal for every situation, but it is a great camper weapon and doesn't need to be anything more then that.

Interesting... yet you lost me when u said penta is superior... it isnt...

if anything penta got a nice balancing on the self kill damage, cause all the nooby players never learned how to play with that giant-bomb-kick-back-if-you-dont-play-well-you-die-by-your-own-hands.

Ogris=10k DPS w-o heavycal cause suicidal missiles

Penta= Almost 15k w heavycal because unaffected 

Sure ogris has a bit more splash range but it's obvious who's the winner (by roughly 50%!)Not to mention the ease of access and flexibility of the penta. 

So more DPS at the cost of TTK of a horde? Sounds like a downgrade to me. Also more annoying/difficult to kill a horde at mid range, not realistic to  kill them at long range quickly with a penta as well.

Both weapons are in a close tie imo, i have both potatoed and level 30 and work fine, the only thing missing is to either make the ogris easier to craft, or add a forma to the penta requirements to even the hassle of making them, otherwise people will just tend to not bother and go penta only, same goes for all the new non-research "clones" that had been spouted lately, aka Tysis/Tetra

I agree the weapons needs balancing, and I like the idea of decreasing the Pentas explosive radius.

I wouldn't like increasing the Ogris's explosive radius, even if it does make logical sense. Enough people (including myself) kill themselves too often already. Given how closed in most of the games tilesets are, it'll be even more impractical to use it with a bigger area you can't stand in without killing yourself. As it is right now, I stick to only using my Ogris for fun on wide open defense mission tilesets, and that's without firestorm.

And how much shots do you miss?

(sry for delay, i was away)

My global accuracy is 74% if i'm not mistaken (on 500 hrs gameplay amongst all weapons) i dont remember on Ogris but i rarely miss, especially with Ogris since it's AoE

Ofc you have to know how to "place yourself" in order to avoid incidents and land shots...

I usually go with Trinity when i equip Ogris... rockets easly reach 60-70k dmg each without Rifle Amp nor Roar nor MP...

you know... kinda dangerous for anyone who's not fully invincible

this,thx frf numbers

other

you people fail to see that ogris is mastery 6(?) weapon a even a clan weapon,and the penta does more dmg,anyone who used them know this,they need some rebalance,but neither of them need nerf..

ogris + heavy caliber + trinity + blessing + link

in farms though ogris has longer range so it gains more dps.

(sry for delay, i was away)

My global accuracy is 74% if i'm not mistaken (on 500 hrs gameplay amongst all weapons) i dont remember on Ogris but i rarely miss, especially with Ogris since it's AoE

Ofc you have to know how to "place yourself" in order to avoid incidents and land shots...

I usually go with Trinity when i equip Ogris... rockets easly reach 60-70k dmg each without Rifle Amp nor Roar nor MP...

you know... kinda dangerous for anyone who's not fully invincible

How do you mod ogris for 70k damage each? I have abouth 20k with 3 forma and multishot.. Ok,i dont have heavy caliber but still..?

How do you mod ogris for 70k damage each? I have abouth 20k with 3 forma and multishot.. Ok,i dont have heavy caliber but still..?

5 formas + heavy caliber :)

(ofc dmg depends both on loadout and enemy type, you cant reach 60-70k dmg on EVERY enemy)

Edited by Phoenix86

Ogris has a bigger radius than penta, wrong on that and that is it's advantage. 

Both weapons are outstanding and you need to go ... do something if you think either one needs to be adjusted because of the other. 

Also lol at the people who pretend penta is hard to use in any way, got to aim up derp derp skill derp hard. Using the ogris is x10 harder for the simple fact that this large numbers of factors will result in it blowing up on your face unapologetically . 

Yea I agree , Try using the RL with people running in front of you in your face knowing it hurts you. I had some one run up to me and waited til i release the rocket to run in front of it to get me killed.

Edited by genclaymore

Yea I agree , Try using the RL with people running in front of you in your face knowing it hurts you. I had some one run up to me and waited til i release the rocket to run in front of it to get me killed.

I hate people doing that During the mission

If it's while waiting at the end, I have no problem.

basically, the tradeoff betweeen ogris and penta is that penta's dps is significantly higher due to controlled instantaneous detonation vs charging a contact based detonation, but penta's range, while pretty decent, still has limits, and is also very easy to backfire, while with ogris, at least you have a decent chance of escaping failure if you actually attempt to move into a good shot position since it's very hard to intercept the shot, whereas penta's flight speed is slow enough that somebody jumping in front of you at the last second can mess you up pretty badly, plus it's difficult to aim while firing in midair (but definitely still possible)

Edited by weirdee

I haven´t read anyone saying that penta is hard to use, i don´t think it is, shooting a RL in melee is a bad idea and getting trolls in front of you is also no difficulty inherent to the weapon, so it is no argument to buff or nerf either, while penta needs you to aim much higher to reach far shots (50m.) and keep visual contact with the grenade until you can manually detonate it, it is not a fire and forget like the ogris, so i´m against reducing pentas blast radius as op suggested because it reduces the reward for well place long or trick shots and it does less damage.