Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Fix Continuous Weapons

Ribboz

-What if continuous weapons have a continuous spray of numbers?

-What if there was no delay in damage?

-What if status/wasn't locked per second?

If we had a system where damage was showed instantly and continuously as it happened we would have a better understanding our in-game DPS. As it is right now, we get a tiny number then a BIG number. I would rather have a barrage of tiny numbers, than random jumping between larger and smaller summed damage.

There is a delay in damage. It is still there. Corpus techs pump out their shield ospreys before the summed damage really kicks in. Yes I have a 5 forma Ignis and that delay is enough for them to pump out one before they die.

Status is currently locked in per-second rather than per tick. This is very wrong. Fire rate mods currently decrease status chance since your locked in per second rather than per tick.

DE's new continuous weapon system was meant to simplify the damage numbers shown and even out the status chance for lower proc continuous weapons. Knowing this shows entirely how the new system was unnecessary.

-Barrage of numbers gives us a more realistic show in-game DPS

-AND shows us the enemy location behind our wall of fire(since Im using the Ignis as an example)

-Buff low proc chance weapons if you want more status chance. Dont change the fondation of every continuous weapon.

Please like this post if you agree continuous weapons should be reverted back to prior 11.6 changes.

Thank you for your time.

I agree completely someone how has a lazer protruding from there chest should be constantly taking damage not randomly: "Oh I'll take some damage now.... and now.... wait.... wait... oh and now."

• 2 weeks later...

There is a delay in damage. It is still there. Corpus techs pump out their shield ospreys before the summed damage really kicks in. Yes I have a 5 forma Ignis and that delay is enough for them to pump out one before they die.

Also with a 6 forma quanta they still have time. And that is around 8,000 DPS with the lazer. so.... :''''''(

By decree this thread shall stay alive until we get continuous weapons fixed.

The problem with the by-second system is that it doesn't fit the fast gameplay of warframe. You have to kill enemies as fast as possible to keep them down, but adding a fixed delay artificially increases the time it takes to kill enemies, which defeats the purpose of having a continuous weapon over an automatic weapon.

The phage is probably the biggest offender of this. It just feels so sluggish when it seems like a weapon designed purely for efficiency.

Seriously, I would love constant numbers rather than the current system. Not just so I can see fountains of numbers, but so every second im on-target with my flux rifle, im dealing as much consistent damage as possible, where as right now, if you lose your aim before the next damage number kicks in, there's a few problems that arise.

I obviously have no idea how hard it is to code, but I've seen it done in many games prior. Please say something about this matter DE, it's sad to see a thread alive so long with no word given (unless I just haven't found DE's post among this thread)

EDIT: plus it just feels weird to be expending ammo, but only receive damage numbers every so often after a certain amount is expended

Edited by SgtFlex

The justification behind it was making it clearer how much damage you are dealing.

Gameplay > clarity imo. It's best to have a constant stream of damage numbers just to make it clear how much damage each tick you are doing. As of now it's hard to gauge how much damage you deal per tick as it's variable depending on TWO factors: accuracy and actual damage per tick.

Edited by Zero_Fruit

As a PS4 user that mains the Spectra pre-buff (http://t.co/WTwCHTsnDu ; http://t.co/ajOrBxdp5l), eagerly awaiting Spectra Buff

I would love to see each tick rather than 1-lump sum every second as it may make a status build more viable when coupled with fire rate mods. (Disheartening to add fire-rate mods to expel ammo faster and still not receive a status Proc with 88%+ Status per Second build....

The justification behind it was making it clearer how much damage you are dealing.

Which was terrible reasoning.  Under the old system, it was easy to see how much damage a continuous-fire weapon did per shot because the same number was repeated 10 times per second.  Now it's very difficult to tell.  You need to know the number of shots fired per interval, which isn't indicated anywhere in-game and can even change depending on the length of the trigger pull.

Which was terrible reasoning.  Under the old system, it was easy to see how much damage a continuous-fire weapon did per shot because the same number was repeated 10 times per second.  Now it's very difficult to tell.  You need to know the number of shots fired per interval, which isn't indicated anywhere in-game and can even change depending on the length of the trigger pull.

Indeed, there are too many factors that determine the weapon's damage output. One number per second doesn't fit Warframe's fast pace at all.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a pain, really: there are fast firing weapons, insanely fast, and yet EVERY hit, every PIECE of damage, is counted; calculated. 

So, why we STILL have a -delay- when using continuous weapons?

Ok, DE, let's say it is hard to code or such a thing: I have an idea.

Make the beam/ etc. just an effect, something we can see but what does not do anything and count the damage like ANY OTHER weapon! If I can fire 14,7 rounds with my Soma in one second or 20 pellets with a shotgun, there should be no problem to fire 14,7 "rounds of energy" with my Flux. Same thing, just with energy;apart from that this ammo type has not such problems used in other weapons (Supra, Dera, Lanka or so).

Please DE and fellow Tenno, it can not be that we have broken weapons in this game. Thank you in advance.

El Psy Congroo