Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Fix Continuous Weapons

Ribboz

actually, i'm not sure, but i think they were testing the fix to the "fix" with gammacor, because whenever I fire it at an inanimate object, a stream of zeroes pours out as if it was firing in the old style

probably just an anomaly

still, the problem exists as so:

stream weapons use ammo at the listed rate, but they only hit per second, so all of the firing in between doesn't cause any damage, and even if you hit a weak point while firing, if it's not during the damage interval, it won't count at all

basically, any weapon, no matter what, is limited to one hit per second, so if you just tap fire, it causes the same effect while using less ammo, and it STILL is terrible because it takes an entire second to hit!

Edited by weirdee

[...]

basically, any weapon, no matter what, is limited to one hit per second, so if you just tap fire, it causes the same effect while using less ammo, and it STILL is terrible because it takes an entire second to hit!

ahem... i would say that you're totally wrong on this

...like if you used a shotty and saw only one hit per shots ?

what about multi-shots then ?

This may be a strange example but its the only one I can think of, has anyone played a game called magika?

In that game damage isnt numerous popups but a single number that increases in value. So say you do 16 damage per second, instead of it spamming the number 16, it ramps up to show total damage (16,32,48 ect.)

I don't know if it would be helpful but it would certainly more nicer on the eyes, and perhaps less laggy than constantly drawing and erasing numbers.

...I, actually, love that idea. 

Like, alot.

This may be a strange example but its the only one I can think of, has anyone played a game called magika?

In that game damage isnt numerous popups but a single number that increases in value. So say you do 16 damage per second, instead of it spamming the number 16, it ramps up to show total damage (16,32,48 ect.)

I don't know if it would be helpful but it would certainly more nicer on the eyes, and perhaps less laggy than constantly drawing and erasing numbers.

I feel like this would be a very welcome change and you have all my +1

Here to feed this most pertinent of threads with tales of woe from my Embolist. Got Eroding Blight for it this evening, and whilst the huge mag and viral AoE is really cool, it still does next to nothing to solve the weapon's major issues :(

Poor thing. I still love it.

Edited by Dualice

• 2 months later...

I have a 4 Forma Flux Rifle because recoil on guns kinda gives me headaches, so I fallback to the FR when I ALREADY have a headache.

I don't need extra damage. Just let me disarm enemies by slicing arms off and I'll be happy. Once disarmed I'll just shoot them in the head while they run towards me and take my time. Also face crits should blind, leg crits should slow enemies, and crotch shots should make then unable to have more kids.

Ok, so the last one is not so useful in game. Sue me.

The lag argument is pretty much BS, because nobody has issues with max rof Dex Furis with multishot (and that's like, 70 rounds a second and 2.8 multishot? That's like 200 popups a second, over 6 times higher than continuous weapon tickrate).

...and we can add HoM Mirage to the mix, for like 1000 popups a second?

The lag argument is pretty much BS, because nobody has issues with max rof Dex Furis with multishot (and that's like, 70 rounds a second and 2.8 multishot? That's like 200 popups a second, over 6 times higher than continuous weapon tickrate).

...and we can add HoM Mirage to the mix, for like 1000 popups a second?

Because the game running well for you means any suggestion for improvement is automatically invalid.

Okay then.

And can I just add that if you like your sceen being filled with numbers, maybe we should make this a toggle option?

Edited by Exanthous

Because the game running well for you means any suggestion for improvement is automatically invalid.

It's just a bias, don't blame me, blame human psychology.

And can I just add that if you like your sceen being filled with numbers, maybe we should make this a toggle option?

There already is one, but disables XP popups as well.

We'd need a lot more options.

Like:

Cloud, every damage number is a separate popup.

Bubble (stupid name, I know), popup grows as more damage is dealt.

Off, no damage popup.

I dont understand why cant continuous weapons just work like any other full-auto weapon such as soma, dmg ticks as often as their RoF. Another thing is the delay they have with the laser, it should be 100% hitscan and follow the crosshair 1:1.

I dont understand why cant continuous weapons just work like any other full-auto weapon such as soma, dmg ticks as often as their RoF. Another thing is the delay they have with the laser, it should be 100% hitscan and follow the crosshair 1:1.

Exactly, they're called continuous weapons for a reason, right now they're more of "delayed hit" weapons.