Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Fix Continuous Weapons

Ribboz

Can you imagine the performance issues if there would pop up several hundreds of numbers if you shoot into a line of enemies? It wont work.

And to people saying that continuous weapons needs a buff, really? Quanta and Phage are 2 of the best weapons in the game, DE are just really bad at balancing. there are continuous weapons that at so terrible not even a hipster would use (such as Spectra) which is equally hard to get as the Quanta or the Phage.

Can you imagine the performance issues if there would pop up several hundreds of numbers if you shoot into a line of enemies? It wont work.

And to people saying that continuous weapons needs a buff, really? Quanta and Phage are 2 of the best weapons in the game, DE are just really bad at balancing. there are continuous weapons that at so terrible not even a hipster would use (such as Spectra) which is equally hard to get as the Quanta or the Phage.

1. Easy, it would: it just needs to be switchable in options (on and off). Plus, the numbers should only be visible for the Tenno who uses the weapon -> better for performance AND everyone is happy.

2. This is another story. Some weapons simply ARE for low level, others for mid and so on, even if they are expensive or such a thing. 

This thread on the other hand focuses on the fact that continuous weapons have a "delay" on how damage is applied/ registered. This renders continuous weapons effectively broken, because sometimes you are not able to kill an enemy in time: The game checks every second/ some hundredth millisecond the damage and applies it. Sadly this means that you sometimes wast ammo, time and focus on an enemy who should be already dead. 

The problem gets worse if you think about weapons with huge mags and high fire rate (like Gorgon or Soma) which DO NOT have this problem; ONLY continuous weapons have it.

This is the reason for this petition. Sorry for my bad English.

El Psy Congroo,

WSkD

1. Easy, it would: it just needs to be switchable in options (on and off). Plus, the numbers should only be visible for the Tenno who uses the weapon -> better for performance AND everyone is happy.

2. This is another story. Some weapons simply ARE for low level, others for mid and so on, even if they are expensive or such a thing. 

This thread on the other hand focuses on the fact that continuous weapons have a "delay" on how damage is applied/ registered. This renders continuous weapons effectively broken, because sometimes you are not able to kill an enemy in time: The game checks every second/ some hundredth millisecond the damage and applies it. Sadly this means that you sometimes wast ammo, time and focus on an enemy who should be already dead. 

The problem gets worse if you think about weapons with huge mags and high fire rate (like Gorgon or Soma) which DO NOT have this problem; ONLY continuous weapons have it.

This is the reason for this petition. Sorry for my bad English.

El Psy Congroo,

WSkD

Exactly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If we had a system where damage was showed instantly and continuously as it happened we would have a better understanding our in-game DPS. As it is right now, we get a tiny number then a BIG number. I would rather have a barrage of tiny numbers, than random jumping between larger and smaller summed damage.

how about a single growing number so you know exactly how much damage you have dealt 

Honestly the presence, absence, or rate of numbers doesn't matter so much. The root problem is that there is a glacial delay before the damage is actually applied to the enemy.  (Same for the long wait between status proc opportunities).

How would people feel if bullet hoses like the Soma had their damage buffered and then only inflicted in larger chunks at set intervals?  After all, they have number streams that were just as bad if not worse than the old style continuous weapons.  I'm sure that would create a ton of backlash.  Right now only continuous weapons are hamstrung in this fashion.  It isn't fair for an entire class of weapon to be fundamentally crippled like this.

Come on DE, bring back the old way continuous weapons inflicted damage.

Honestly the presence, absence, or rate of numbers doesn't matter so much. The root problem is that there is a glacial delay before the damage is actually applied to the enemy.  (Same for the long wait between status proc opportunities).

How would people feel if bullet hoses like the Soma had their damage buffered and then only inflicted in larger chunks at set intervals?  After all, they have number streams that were just as bad if not worse than the old style continuous weapons.  I'm sure that would create a ton of backlash.  Right now only continuous weapons are hamstrung in this fashion.  It isn't fair for an entire class of weapon to be fundamentally crippled like this.

Come on DE, bring back the old way continuous weapons inflicted damage.

Absolutely agree. (Though I'd lie if I said that I didn't like the number cloud.)