Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Fix Continuous Weapons

Ribboz

I would wager that when it was broke it was because of a netcode error that has been fixed but not documented.

My best guess.

I never believe they were purposefully nerfed (they didn't need it), just a by product of some programming mishap.

It is about damage not being applied instantly.

Please do not tell me why I made this thread. Look at my prior posts and reread the original post.

In the recent past I was experiencing ridiculous 2+ seconds lag on damage even on solo runs. Now stuff got sliced in half instantly where applicable (nearly always, lol).

This is very apparent when shooting at a bunch of mobs (without punchthrough). I minced them all with half a clip. Last time I pulled out Flux I wasted all magazine on the first row of mobs, that died 2 seconds later. On Venus (for the sake of making sure it's insta-kill) and on any other planet for that matter.

It does feel faster than I remember. The Synapse still feels slow and the Ignis hasn't had much of a change since they cut them to thirds.

Now I never ended my magazine in 10 runs of various different missions (no ammo mutation mods of course, although Carrier was my sentinel).

Then again, it's not 100% fixed. Numbers still pop up at random intervals (but seem to pop up more frequently, at least twice as frequent as before) and procs are very rare, but hey, no more lag on damage. That's a fix imho.

And this is hoping it's not a fluke of the game and tomorrow it's back to normal 2-second lag.

So, please confirm if you can.

Even if they sped of the speed at which damage was applied that is not the "fix" we want. This thread is about restoring them, not fixing their mess.

I gave you my opinion on the current state. Then stated for a long time user to give their input. We need confirmation with multiple testers. You alone prove nothing. We need others to test and add their input.

Although I had the Flux well before damage 2.0, I was not a heavy user. So I do not consider my perspective proper to our tests. Which is another reason we need others to confirm our perspectives.

Thank you for your input.

Edited by Ribboz

Checking back in on Warframe and this issue after spending a week playing Dark Souls.

....it looks like the devs still haven't acknowledged this issue.  What a shame. 

I am very interested in hearing how they plan to rectify this problem.  Barring that, I want to hear why they don't think this is a problem and why they think continuous fire weapons should be hobbled by their very nature.

Edited by GeneralArmchair

It's sad because status was a big deal for  damage 2.0. It was one of the main points. The fact that continuous weapons still do not have access to Status, which is supposed to be one of the big "game changers" makes me, as a consumer, very sad.

I don't really care if damage numbers shows up or not, I just want it when I shoot stuff, damage happens instantly. Not this bullcrap about waiting a slight second before actual damage is dealt. I just tried using the Flux rifle again and it made me go "WTF did DE do to you".

I also vote for fixing them! Please DE! 

I miss the good times with my Flux~ I still do not get why they were changed. 

(I know the official reason, but break them to achive it? Makes no sense to me.)

Mayhaps a prayer to the Omnissiah will help~ "Continuous Weapon: Heal thyself!"