Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Almost Impossiple To Do Stealth On Phobos Because Of Desert Skates

Tali

as soon the grineer spot desert skates, they sound the alarm and lotus says that i have been detected but i was loki with invisible through the whole map and it was solo.

Edited by Aeon66

Stealth, in Warframe? That is hilarious. Why do stealth when you can just run into an area, hit 4 and win the game instantly?

(Also, this post is not serious, so don't  take it seriously. But seriously, Stealth is pretty much useless/broken in this game.)

Edited by KillTehMessenger

The problem remains that there is no "reset" possible on a blown stealth. This makes it NOT a stealth game as any game of this type needs/uses a form of punishment then reset to try the stealth again. The Desert Skates make it all the worse because the AI follows certain logic when "attacked" and "not alert". Doesn't matter what attacks them.

There are also flaws in the line-of-sight/distant when using "silent" weapons and crouching, which is the only mechanic.

That said, DE doesn't have a "ninja" game. Its a rather disingenuous flag. This game is wuxai (Martial Arts Action Hero fiction) in space. Stealth isn't a big part of the genre. Stand up fights, varied martial arts including weapons, fantastical feats of movement and sometimes even "magical" powers.

This is what the game has deteriorated into. A bunch of rushing ultimate spamming people with no care for those that might have fun and actually enjoy stealth.

These reactions make me fear for the game's direction.

The thing is, the game gives us no reason to play using stealth. Yeah, it can instantly kill stuff, but so does running forward and spamming 4 constantly. Why should I waste time being stealthy, when I can just kill everything instantly?

Also, it doesn't help that even if you try to do stealth, it only works in Solo mode because 100% of the time your entire time will just rush forward and kill everything. 

Edited by KillTehMessenger

This is what the game has deteriorated into. A bunch of rushing ultimate spamming people with no care for those that might have fun and actually enjoy stealth.

These reactions make me fear for the game's direction.

You want to play metal gear solid with 4 players?  gl with that.

still i dont like those ray pancake monster(with creepy smile) and they make grineer rage, actually its quite funny to see how much it takes them to try killing one Desert skate

Edited by Aeon66

Yea it's impossible to do stealth on phobos currently,I do solo a lot and I like stealth too,since cracking opponents neck with amphis/kestrel is so goddamn hilarious,so don't listen to these ppl who aren't willing to help and just make fun of ur question and enjoy ur stealth play...diff ppl diff playstyle...

Maybe that guy so frustrated and unable to do stealth,so all he does press 4 pffft...remind me of many noob I've come across,all they do is pressing 4 and give me free xp...

Edited by Godhands

Just do it somewhere else for the time being..Playing stealth is pretty fun for me too, challenging myself by going at it with a no-weapon Carrier and a no-invisible frame.

Makes me practice my bow shots too...

Or sometimes I bring along good'ol Shade and afk if I'm suddenly called for dinner. No pause? No problem!

Yea it's impossible to do stealth on phobos currently,I do solo a lot and I like stealth too,since cracking opponents neck with amphis/kestrel is so goddamn hilarious,so don't listen to these ppl who aren't willing to help and just make fun of ur question and enjoy ur stealth play...diff ppl diff playstyle...

Maybe that guy so frustrated and unable to do stealth,so all he does press 4 pffft...remind me of many noob I've come across,all they do is pressing 4 and give me free xp...

yeah i can agree in that :D

Just do it somewhere else for the time being..Playing stealth is pretty fun for me too, challenging myself by going at it with a no-weapon Carrier and a no-invisible frame.

Makes me practice my bow shots too...

Or sometimes I bring along good'ol Shade and afk if I'm suddenly called for dinner. No pause? No problem!

its fun to set a challenge for yourself and see how far i can get before they detect me

The Grineer have always been total cowards, but running and pulling the whole alarm because of some little critter that LIVES on the planet? Grineer should just be able to shoot it and move on. In addition, Grineer gunshots for any reason should not alert troops on Phobos, since taking potshots at critters would be such a common occurrence, that the sound doesn't seem out-of-place anymore.

The Grineer have always been total cowards, but running and pulling the whole alarm because of some little critter that LIVES on the planet? Grineer should just be able to shoot it and move on. In addition, Grineer gunshots for any reason should not alert troops on Phobos, since taking potshots at critters would be such a common occurrence, that the sound doesn't seem out-of-place anymore.

yeah