Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get A Word About Oxium Demand, The Hawk, And Tenno Labs?

Archwizard

How much Oxium will we need for the new hawk/wind Warframe? And I don't just mean "how much to satisfy my Foundry for three Warframe parts".

Will the Tenno Lab require it?

How much will we need to start the research process? 

Will each of the 3 parts of the frame require Oxium? Will the frame itself even come in 3 parts, or just one research BP?

Will it even be theoretically possible to get the Hawk frame the first day the lab's up (outside of platinum)?

What about Volt and Banshee?

Will their recipes be prerequisites for the hawk?

Will their research require Oxium to unlock?

Will their parts have recipes changed to include Oxium?

Are there going to be crazy Day 1 lighter-than-air Tenno weapons in the lab?

Will they be prerequisites for any of the frames?

Will they have the frames mentioned as prerequisites?

Basically, even if we don't get exact numbers, do we have some kind of comparison for Oxium demands? Will most recipes use very little of it (>10) like Morphics, Orokin Cells, etc., or should we be farming into the thousands while we still have (relatively frequent) access to Oxium Ospreys, to get even one recipe completed for personal use?

Edited by Archwizard

The amount will be based on the size of your clan, the smaller the clan size the less materials that will be needed. Thats a given.

And I fail to see why we need to know, its not like DE is going to make the oxium ospreys disappear forever after this mini-event. I say calm down, and just wait and see. No need to get so needed about the amounts.

I share a lot of the same questions myself. The wait is kinda nerve wracking for stuff like this. Always slightly worried.

Keep in mind that the building of the lab and the research reqs work like any clantech. It scales based on clan size. I imagine the actual recipes you buy will be near identical to what we're used to with any normal frame. The difference is that we get the parts from a lab.

I share a lot of the same questions myself. The wait is kinda nerve wracking for stuff like this. Always slightly worried.

Keep in mind that the building of the lab and the research reqs work like any clantech. It scales based on clan size. I imagine the actual recipes you buy will be near identical to what we're used to with any normal frame. The difference is that we get the parts from a lab.

Don't worry about (most) of the game.

Worry about the community.

I dont see the big deal. Just grab some oxium and if it's enough, sweet. If not, time to farm. It's part of the mystery and suspense of the update. I'm sure it's only going to be a matter of "You can start making it now", or "two hours later cause you had to farm more". They dropped some hints and said stockpile some. That's enough info for me.

Edited by Shin_Ein

The amount will be based on the size of your clan, the smaller the clan size the less materials that will be needed. Thats a given.

And I fail to see why we need to know, its not like DE is going to make the oxium ospreys disappear forever after this mini-event. I say calm down, and just wait and see. No need to get so needed about the amounts.

I dont see the big deal. Just grab some oxium and if it's enough, sweet. If not, time to farm. It's part of the mystery and suspense of the update. I'm sure it's only going to be a matter of "You can start making it now", or "two hours later cause you had to farm more". They dropped some hints and said stockpile some. That's enough info for me.

I'm just one of many people trying to avoid imbalanced Oxium distribution.

For example, I'm farming up a ton of Oxium now so I can get my hands on the new frame ASAP. I could end up farming thousands, but find (once the research finishes) the individual frame parts only need four or five- in which case I could have given the lab construction or research processes most of the rest before that point, and farm up enough for the following frame just running alerts and casual missions over the course of the update.

Alternately, the frame could end up costing a few hundred Oxium for individual parts, and hundreds of thousands for construction, prerequisites and research, meaning (since the appearances of Oxium Ospreys are likely to reduce after the event, however slightly) I wasted valuable farming time.

Or it could end up costing maybe a few dozen for the clan and four or five for parts, meaning I wasted valuable time farming.

If we had some information in advance about what to expect (in terms of how many digits), it would help the playerbase a ton.

Edited by Archwizard

If we look at Oxium as the "new" Mutagen/Fieldron/Detonite resource (which it ought to be) then the conversion rate to make one "refined" resource is 10<1.

So you would need 10 Oxium to make 1 "magical physics defying substance".

Everything from here on out is pure speculation™

Say the new frame is built as all other frames, IE 3 parts + a Main BP.

Then each part could cost 5-10 "magical physics defying substance"

(That's 50-100 "raw" Oxium)

Some easy math, and we can conclude that just researching the parts would take 15-30 "magical physics defying substance" (150-300 "raw" Oxium)

The BP might as well require 5-10 "magical physics defying substance".

Total (Speculatory) sum to Research all the parts and the main BP:

200-400 "Raw" Oxium

20-40 "magical physics defying substance"

Add to that, the credit cost to replicate the Part BP's and the Main Bp + the normal resources.

End of pure spceulation

All in all, I'm aiming for a little over 500 Oxium, and I'm hoping/guessing that I'll be in the clear :)

If we follow the same mechanics as clan tech, researching parts takes three days. Combine that with building the parts and finally using the BP to build it, taking three days. So that means it'll probably take a week to build the new Frame. Unless that Clan Research time is lowered.

If we follow the same mechanics as clan tech, researching parts takes three days. Combine that with building the parts and finally using the BP to build it, taking three days. So that means it'll probably take a week to build the new Frame. Unless that Clan Research time is lowered.

That's if the frame lacks research prerequisites like most ClanTech gear does.

How much Oxium will we need for the new hawk/wind Warframe? And I don't just mean "how much to satisfy my Foundry for three Warframe parts".

Will the Tenno Lab require it?

How much will we need to start the research process? 

Will each of the 3 parts of the frame require Oxium? Will the frame itself even come in 3 parts, or just one research BP?

Will it even be theoretically possible to get the Hawk frame the first day the lab's up (outside of platinum)?

What about Volt and Banshee?

Will their recipes be prerequisites for the hawk?

Will their research require Oxium to unlock?

Will their parts have recipes changed to include Oxium?

Are there going to be crazy Day 1 lighter-than-air Tenno weapons in the lab?

Will they be prerequisites for any of the frames?

Will they have the frames mentioned as prerequisites?

Basically, even if we don't get exact numbers, do we have some kind of comparison for Oxium demands? Will most recipes use very little of it (>10) like Morphics, Orokin Cells, etc., or should we be farming into the thousands while we still have (relatively frequent) access to Oxium Ospreys, to get even one recipe completed for personal use?

Yeah it would def be nice to know what all we need so we can impatiently get the frame ASAP, but I think DE is really trying to stretch the content as much as they can and make the game and grind itself as time consuming as possible while still retaining players. I've played 123 hours or so and I'm basically burned out now. The new content is always exciting but it's really seeming to not do the job for keepin me around much longer at this point