The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On The Word Of Soundtracks - What Video Game Sountracks Would Fit Well With The Theme Of Warframe?

Zeus154

Warframe's soundtrack is very lacking at this moment in time, but with what we know, it's percussion oriented. That said, what soundtracks from video games would represent that tone well?

I have a few ideas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVLKb7ImnUM

For those who can't view embedded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdromEuj5Q8

For those who can't view embedded.

Pretty much anything from Turok: Dinosaur Hunter or Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. I'd recommend you to listen to the N64 versions, for the most part, but that is my opinion.

So, what soundtracks would work well with the theme of Warframe?

Discuss.

Initially when I learnt of this guy, I got the impression that the Stalker was a Tenno that defected and were helping the other factions hunt the Tenno. Sounded like an evil character:

warframe___stalker_by_yuikami_da-d67ioju

Credits: yuikami

Though my whole perspective changed when I was reading his codex page, where the Stalker took on a more sombre tone instead of maliciousness. He sounded like he was in turmoil in terms of feeling powerless to prevent the fall of the Orokin.

I don't know why, but when I was reading his recount of his past, I couldn't help but envision a flashback cutscene of him in the age of the Orokin.

If DE implemented more lore cutscenes detailing the Stalker's past, I imagine hearing this song as background music would be appropriate:

Edited by yuio678

if they ever add a campaign to this game something like this would be epic:

(mainly an orchestral choir type soundrack is what i mean)

Edit: forgot to mention This is what i also wanted for boss fights. the soundtrack would NOT fit for normal gameplay.

(something like at 1:25:42 in the soundtrack for the lephantis phase 2 fight. and maybe 54:31 when fighting Phase 1/leading up to the boss room.)

Edited by McDuffMan