Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Eviscerators Megathread

xWindScar

So, I know Eviscerators were changed a while ago (bleed damage was reduced I think), and I don't know if this has been a persistent problem, but after playing a bit today after U12, I noticed that the Eviscerators are insanely strong. So, I wanted to test it a bit.

I ran an Invasion mission solo against lvl 24 enemies as Rhino. Used rank 6/10 Blind Rage, maxed Focus, and maxed Iron Skin to give myself the most Iron Skin I could manage.

First, I went to a Heavy Gunner and tanked her barrage of bullets. I used Iron Skin a few times, and overall it took around 12-15 seconds of constant fire for him to deplete my skin.

Then, I went to an Eviscerator. Not only did it take 7-10 blades (can be shot within 3-5 seconds), but in between Iron Skins (really short time-frame), I got a bleed proc, and that one bleed killed me. (Might have been stacked with others, but getting multiple procs would also prove the point of their crazyness).

Personally, I think they are unique, exciting, and definitely a welcome challenge to the game, However, my main issue with these enemies is that they are considered, what I like to call, "Uncommon". Where Lancers and Elite Lancers give low exp and spawn constantly, they are "Common". Heavy Gunners, Napalms, etc spawn about 1 or maybe 2 in a room on a normal mission, and give a lot of exp, so I consider them "Rare". Troopers and Eviscerators spawn at least 3-4 in every room and give medium exp, so I call them "Uncommon".

However, the threat that these enemies pose by themselves is insane. Put 2 or 3 together with a group of low-ranked players, and there will be no Frames left standing.

Also of note, while they have the exact same defensive stats as Elite Lancers, they definitely take a ton more hits to go down. 

TL;DR Eviscerators to insane damage, which would be okay if they didn't spawn with 3 others in every room.

Edited by xWindScar

I'm fine with Eviscerators spawning as much as they do. What I'm not fine with is their bleed procs hitting through shields. I mean, isn't that kind of what shields are for in the first place? Stopping things from making you bleed?

Simply making the Eviscerators more rare (or, as the devs seemed to enjoy doing a while ago, decreasing the proc chance) isn't going to make the bleed insta-kill any more balanced when it does happen. The bleed mechanics need to be changed themselves.

So I was using Frost Prime on the new Earth mission. Had full 300 HP, full over 1k shields got hit for what seemed like 3 hits. Was like instant death had no time to react at all (enemy was fairly close).

Enemies should not be able to cause bleeding through your shields....

+1 to this

Please rebalance Eviscerators. They're a true nightmare when soloing. Why I solo? Because of the horde of leechers.

These guys can take any frame 1-3 hits with that crazy bleed proc. Not only that but there's always 2-3 of them in each room, and they don't just stand there as most "dangerous" units, they run away, take cover, etc.

Usually I kill them using cover tactics, but any mistake or getting caught off guard á la "suprise!!!" means near or insta-death, which is very frustrating.

Honestly they wouldn't be so bad if we had any way at all to counteract the bleeding and how broken it is.

Heal restores are next to useless. Medium ones heal 100 hp every 5 seconds for 20 seconds and a total of 400 hp. Can help you between rooms and can top you off.

Now lets look at bleeding: ticks 7 times in 5 seconds.

Ok, how are we supposed to combat the bleed?

In other threads people always toss out "Use a heal restore" and they never stop to think how slow the heal restore is compared to bleeding.

Bleeding could be a lot better IF something like the following happened:

-Dropping a heal pad removes all bleeds in a pulse of the same size it heals at.

-Speed it up dramatically, as in 10 seconds max but perferably 4 seconds with 1 pulse per second.

The biggest issue with bleeding is that we dont have ANY way to protect against it or stop it once we get it.

Edited by Tsukinoki

found your problem

Except Valkyr has the highest possible armor and can have a ton of health. Valkyr would theoretically be the best defense against a crazy Evil Eviscerator next to Iron Skin. Unless bleed procs aren't affected by armor, in which case they're even more broken.

found your problem

Except Valkyr has the highest possible armor and can have a ton of health. Valkyr would theoretically be the best defense against a crazy Evil Eviscerator next to Iron Skin. Unless bleed procs aren't affected by armor, in which case they're even more broken.

Yeah, that's not really a valid criticism, Volume. Less so since the only Pro-Corpus frames I seem surviving taking on the Grineer in these latest higher-end Invasions are JUST Valk/Rhino, since they can panic and pop invuln/iron skin to get through the "Nightmare Mode No Oxygen/Shields" section of Napalms/Evicerators.

From what I'm reading here, it seems like you all refuse to stack Vitality, refuse to carry health kits, and refuse to have healers in your party, and then are upset that the enemy that's designed to punish low-HP/high-shields players is working as intended.

Eviscerators are a pain. I die to them sometimes too. But if you are going into a fight against them with a max HP of 300, you are failing to plan ahead.

From what I'm reading here, it seems like you all refuse to stack Vitality, refuse to carry health kits, and refuse to have healers in your party, and then are upset that the enemy that's designed to punish low-HP/high-shields players is working as intended.

Eviscerators are a pain. I die to them sometimes too. But if you are going into a fight against them with a max HP of 300, you are failing to plan ahead.

Why would you run Vitality on casting frames? Seriously.

I have maxed Vigor on my Volt, just for well-rounded-ness. I still go down in 1 eviscerator's bleed proc. That's 420 health.

Why would you run Vitality on casting frames? Seriously.

I have maxed Vigor on my Volt, just for well-rounded-ness. I still go down in 1 eviscerator's bleed proc. That's 420 health.

Answered your own question there.

Except you didn't quote his full comment.

Vigor on a high-shields frame like Volt actually makes some sense. I get another little boost to already impressive shields, and some extra health just for kicks. Using Vitality? Not so much. You should not have to build your frame around the idea that you'll be facing a particular uncommon enemy.

Vigor on a high-shields frame like Volt actually makes some sense. I get another little boost to already impressive shields, and some extra health just for kicks. Using Vitality? Not so much. You should not have to build your frame around the idea that you'll be facing a particular uncommon enemy.

No you should not have to build your frame around 1 particular enemy.  But if you are personally having a particular problem then you need to address it.  It isn't a broken aspect of the game, that is universally shared it is a problem for some individuals who stubbornly don't want to take the steps to protect themselves.

In the most recent catalyst invasion I jumped in with some gear to level as I normally do for invasions.  Lvl ~25 unpotatoed burston and volt, level 12 or so Lato and Skana.  Stuff I sold off before I leveled it when I started playing.

I straight away died to eviscerators twice.  THEN my dumb &#! noticed oh... crap this is on Pluto and these are level 35 Grineer.  I finished that run without another near death, then picked up an appropriate primary weapon and finished the 2 more runs without a hint of an issue.

Once I was prepared it wasn't a problem.  The build on that volt is for maximum speed up time.  Level 2 redirection no health mods and only a R0 shield but with some attention, movement ability to kill the mobs the bleed didn't touch me.  So yes it is fine, possible and works to not use vitality or other mods specifically for one particular threat.  BUT if you are having an issue with that threat AND refuse to use the tools to counter that threat the fault is with you NOT the game.

Cutting out relevant parts do not an answer make. Look, I have a Rhino with over 1K shields, and about 800 Health, fully maxed Iron Skin, and Rank 15+ Evicerators will my melt my face in about 5 seconds flat, faster if there's more than 2. Edited by Nagisawa

Seekers also hit very hard, for some reason. Not that you should ever be right up in their face, but I was surprised by how hard that Kraken hits. With two shots, a Lv15 one downed me from about 20-30m away while I was playing Banshee with Redirection two points from the top. I didn't let it happen again, but it happened to everyone else at least once. I don't remember them hitting that hard. Kind of silly when their pistol hits like a truck and the rollers themselves might as well not be there.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Funny to see the people posting "smart" replies as "carry health packs" "put Vitality"

We are not stupid, most people already do that. Problem is even with that, you get mowed down fast and rather randomly. More than once I bled to death because the proc chops health way faster than the health regen restores it.

Playing invasions versus Evis very much feels like playing a Nightmare mission with the no-shield debuff. Occasionally, somebody of the team just randomly falls over. It happens to most players, at some point, since you are kinda trying to speed it up. Result: Some people aren't even trying to counteract it with mods or equipment. They just side with the Grineer for invasions. Because fighting the Corpus is much more pleasant. Easy-to-see armor colors, not as much knockdown, and only techies deal significant damage.

Problem: At some point, all of the map is Grineer. Which kinda blows. Me and my clanmates tried to defend Xini. But there's no way to counteract the overwhelming desire of players to have an easy time/ get the detron/ side with the moral high ground (very debateable as it might be).

The Eviscerators are nearly 1-shot kills on the low armor frames, at higher levels.

The bleed proc slashed off like 30 HP every second off me.

Why do I have shields again?

(Not a fan of the bleed proc at all honestly.  I'm doing a mission, and if I happen to screw up a few times, and fall somewhere in the < 15 hp range, I'm guaranteed to die before I complete the mission, because some random bleed proc is going to bypass the wall of shields I have.)

Edited by Jathniel

An evicerator has hit you. You must now take a rng roll to see if the evicerator has killed you or dealt insignificant damage.

This sums up the problems with bleed procs in general.

If enemies are dealing damage to your shields (read: they will), then you are automatically placing your life in RNG's hands with no proper way to avoid death or health damage. As someone in another thread said, you shouldn't be dying because some random Grineer 30 feet away had a lucky roll of the dice.