Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

List Of De's New And Old Inconsistencies!

Azamagon

Do you even Booban? Quite easy to control atleast 3 points with tesla and some long-range weapon. Max-range Excalibur should work too. But overall this game mode is quite boring and needs improvement, with 4 ppl its just every one standing on his point killing maybe 5 enemies per minute zzzzz/

Steelcharge is a way to buff melee damage, inderect buff to Valk and Ash and whoever else has V aura slot and might go melee. 28 points is quite dramatic and makes no need to forma frames with V slot, is it good or bad? Harder to balance overall since it affects too much being aura  and I was totally with Steve on the stream when they talked about it lol.

The rest from the list are non-issues really, nothing that affects game much. Why do you still care about physical damage type when its all about elemental mods. 

All frames require materials to build, why should it matter if some require different mats. All frames have different passive stats.

It was really hard before. Now, soloing Interception is a piece of cake, no matter what Warframe you use. So yeah, that was improved at least. It's just such a shame that they can't make it balanced for solo players right away. Several patches has to pass before solo'ers can... well, solo, their new content.

The Steel Charge buff is one of the things I hate the MOST with Update 12. It's just inconsistency to the MAX! No aura should have the role of "this aura completely stinks but it gives you so much modpoints you don't need to forma anything ever again!". That's just... URGH! >_< I hate it so frikkin much. Such horrible design. All auras should have the same points and the same ranks, and frankly, NO POLARITY, so the aura actually becomes a real choice (Which, yes, would require the lackluster ones to be buffed). That (points/ranks) goes for most mods between different weapontypes really. Otherwise we got the current horrible balance we have now, such as the huge difference in multishots between pistols and rifles etc. It's just dreadful to see how they handle balance.

I mean they manage to make so many things in this game:

1) Imbalanced

2) Illogical

3) Inconsistent

ALL AT ONCE! That's almost worthy of an achievement. The achievement of "how to NOT handle numbers in videogames"!

Besides, I can fix auras so fast. Look:

1) Give all Warframes slight innate energy regeneration

2) Possibly nerf Energy Siphon a little (probably not necessary due to point 5)

3) Remove polarities ENTIRELY from auras (Compensate formas of course)

4) All auras should have the same mod-"costs" and amount of ranks, for equality

5) Make auras nonstackable + Improve UI so that is easy for the squad to see which aura everyone is using (both in-game and in the preparation-phase, so that people can change auras to ones the others aren't using. More like how it was before)

6) Buff most auras. Some more, some less.

Tadaaaaa! The Aura-mechanic is now balanced and which aura to use now becomes an actual CHOICE! Not just "this gives the most modpoints / Energy Siphon hurr durr".

Then you ask "why do care about physical damage type when its all about elemental mods". Well, there you go, you just proved my point! Just screw physical ones huh? Why is it like this then? Because of imbalance and inconsistency, that's why! *Gasp*! Oh wait... that wasn't a surprise, no need to gasp -.-

And you say:

"All frames require materials to build, why should it matter if some require different mats. All frames have different passive stats."

No, most frames require the exact same materials. Yes they all have different stats, but it's just the basic numerical ones. Never passive differences with something as unique as how gravity effects them...

Edited by Azamagon

Mein Lieb,

I just loved the topic <3 It's good to see that some people still have brains and won't be "swallowing" the things without questioning.

I find the level designs without puzzles and teamwork something very awful for a game which was originally based to PvE. Also another incosistency resides on the "peer-to-peer" server mechanics. A lot of people can't enjoy the "massive multiplayer" thing because of this.

One of the game trailers showed us Excalibur being rescued from his cold sleep by Frost, Nyx and Ash but the in game story is a bit different... You just need to farm blueprints from bosses and then you can build your Warframe! FFS DE take a side: we'll start to raid orokin based buildings trying to find real Tenno Reinforcements or the Warframes blueprints are something public and can be build and rebuild over and over and over till we have a army of 'em? If the last was the case, then why Alad V didn't get the Excalibur, Nova and Mag's blueprint to build Zanuka since those were all in possession of Corpus bosses?

I could talk about a lot more stuff but let me stop here...

Mein Lieb,

I just loved the topic <3 It's good to see that some people still have brains and won't be "swallowing" the things without questioning.

I find the level designs without puzzles and teamwork something very awful for a game which was originally based to PvE. Also another incosistency resides on the "peer-to-peer" server mechanics. A lot of people can't enjoy the "massive multiplayer" thing because of this.

One of the game trailers showed us Excalibur being rescued from his cold sleep by Frost, Nyx and Ash but the in game story is a bit different... You just need to farm blueprints from bosses and then you can build your Warframe! FFS DE take a side: we'll start to raid orokin based buildings trying to find real Tenno Reinforcements or the Warframes blueprints are something public and can be build and rebuild over and over and over till we have a army of 'em? If the last was the case, then why Alad V didn't get the Excalibur, Nova and Mag's blueprint to build Zanuka since those were all in possession of Corpus bosses?

Heh, yeah the trailers aren't exactly following the gameplay. But honestly, how many trailers are actually true to their games? While lorewise their trailers are not following the game at all, I would have to give DE credit here at least for how similar the trailers are to actual gameplay! Graphics is NOT this game's problem either. But yes, storywise it's very inconsistent.

For example: Regarding how the Tenno are, it seems they both want them to be unique characters, yet not. Honestly, considering how we construct them and so on, I don't see how it would work out if they lorewise are actually all unique characters. It just makes no sense and doesn't work with gameplay either. But, this is well known to be a split opinion from the developers. And sadly, this torn subject shows in the game with its big mess.

But yeah, there is so much wrong in that subject, it's a subject of its own!

Sicarus Prime fires in 3-shot bursts, yet the default magazine size is 20 - meaning your last burst will only fire 2 shots. It needs to be 21.

Well, it's not an inconsistency, but it can be annoying, yeah. If they never are to fix it though, look at it from this point of view: As soon as you hear only 2 shots go off, you know it's time to reload. So... think of it as an annoying, yet informative, "feature" :P

how so? if they didnt sell those for platinum, they would be making content but not getting money from that content.

Which is why, if they want to be >consistent<, they should have ALL labtech-weapons available on the market for platinum. Both the new and the old ones.

Yes, "realism" criticism aside, consistency is of the utmost importance, and WF is lacking in that aspect.

Yup. Definitely one of the weaker points of this game. Hence the topic in the first place, hoping they take note of these issues :)

+1 OP

all good points

aside from the aggressive "DE likes to &!$$ off players" vibe

Thanks. But seriously, I think they really DO take pleasure in aggravating us.

All this complaining aside (In pretty much all my threads I tend to nag and complain a lot on DE for this and that), maybe I should make a thread about what I actually LIKE in Warframe, so they get some encouragement and hints to what someone as picky as me would like in the game? Then they will also see that I don't nag and complain for no reason, but rather for constructive and helpful reasons.

Edited by Azamagon

Plasma and Laser-type weapons being able to cause enemies to bleed is very unintuitive too. THAT's the problem. Logic can be slightly bent, yes, but not completely ignored.

I won't comment on the rest of this, but laser weapons in reality would most likely cause severe bleeding due to the way they damage tissue. If you focus a laser onto flesh, what happens is that it rapidly heats that point. Human flesh has a considerable percentage of its mass made up of water, and when you aim a laser at it, the result is most likely to be that it flash-boils the water, which promptly converts itself into steam and blasts off a chunk of your arm. Lasers aren't quite as clean as they sound.

I won't comment on the rest of this, but laser weapons in reality would most likely cause severe bleeding due to the way they damage tissue. If you focus a laser onto flesh, what happens is that it rapidly heats that point. Human flesh has a considerable percentage of its mass made up of water, and when you aim a laser at it, the result is most likely to be that it flash-boils the water, which promptly converts itself into steam and blasts off a chunk of your arm. Lasers aren't quite as clean as they sound.

Interesting point. Still though, then why don't ALL plasmatic (and laser) weapons have Slash as one of their damagetypes? So, even if what you say is true, the consistency is still not there!

Good post Op. I hope the devs read it and actually understand what you say.

Thanks! I hope so too :)

I don't see why everything has to be the same all the time

Everything being the same =/= Being consistent

Here we have a thread entirely dedicated to not understanding what "inconsistency" is.

What's next? Major inconsistency: all frames and weapons are not exactly the same! That's what inconsistency means, right?

Right?

Wow, I really hope you are joking! Like I said to FlyDungas: Everything being the same =/= Being consistent. Very different things...

Weapons are EXPECTED to be different. Warframes are EXPECTED to be different. Them being different is thus consistent.

But, say, a pistol being dualwielded contra being held in one hand though is NOT expected to deal different amounts of damage / have different critical numbers / have different status chance for each bullet. Them being different (in those regards) is NOT consistent. Nor logical.

Edited by Azamagon

Another inconsistency: Pure elemental mods for pistols and melee weapons. Some add up 90% damage, others stop at 60% (at the same energy cost).

Indeed, electricity for melee is so terrible. Don't forget physical damage mods for primaries only reaching 30% for 9 points while pistol and melee ones are way better.

I must agree, we see more and more inconsistency, personally i think that this is a result of rushing content without proper testing...

And you know i sometimes feel that DE are overwhelmed due to they success and they try to deliver new content as fast as posible, because they want keep players busy/earn money etc. but sadly the effects usualy are not that good.

Another inconsistency: Pure elemental mods for pistols and melee weapons. Some add up 90% damage, others stop at 60% (at the same energy cost).

Indeed, electricity for melee is so terrible. Don't forget physical damage mods for primaries only reaching 30% for 9 points while pistol and melee ones are way better.

Yeah, mods in terms of cost and benefits, are all over the place. However, on top of equalizing/rebalancing the mods across the weapontypes, more than that needs to be done though. But at least, yes, these irregularities don't help out either.

I will add this to the initial post! Thanks for reminding me :)

I must agree, we see more and more inconsistency, personally i think that this is a result of rushing content without proper testing...

And you know i sometimes feel that DE are overwhelmed due to they success and they try to deliver new content as fast as posible, because they want keep players busy/earn money etc. but sadly the effects usualy are not that good.

Exactly. In short, they NEED to slow down a bit and focus a bit more on fixing what's already there. I don't care if I have to wait for an update to come out a week later, if the current week is spent on fixing inconsistencies/balance/bughunting.

Exactly. In short, they NEED to slow down a bit and focus a bit more on fixing what's already there. I don't care if I have to wait for an update to come out a week later, if the current week is spent on fixing inconsistencies/balance/bughunting.

Completely agree i would love to see more non-schedule updates, even if people demand on forum to get it "nao" (which is bad) i like new weapons/maps etc but what i would love more is fixing old things because adding new content without fixing old stuff is basically adding more bugs (that way it's harder to fix old and new problems).

• 3 weeks later...

Mein Lieb,

this is really interesting, never tought ot this subject that way.

then you should get (instead of obtaining BP's like building a robot) "parts" to create some specific key/ machine for waking a specific sleeping tenno? (that would make more sense since boss are dropping the parts)

because you are not building an iron man suits, you are awakening soldiers from cryo pods.

this is gold for the actual lore actually, the one we know so far.

Do you really not understand why some elements are treated differently than others? Really? You don't understand how some elements have higher effectiveness and combine more effectively?

Well I guess that's the premise of the whole thread. "Everything is not uniform, I don't understand".

Clantech weapons are in the market precisely because of the players. When they were clantech only, people complained about how clans were mandatory to get those items. When they were market only, people in clans complained that they would have been perfect for clantech. Now it's both and people are still complaining.

Not DE's fault. The playerbase's fault.

Clantech weapons are in the market precisely because of the players. When they were clantech only, people complained about how clans were mandatory to get those items. When they were market only, people in clans complained that they would have been perfect for clantech. Now it's both and people are still complaining.

Not DE's fault. The playerbase's fault.

Reread that whole sentence dude. I have no problem with them being in the market, that's fine. The problem is that only SOME of them are. Either ALL or NONE of the clantech should be in the market. The inconsistency is the problem.

So:

Yes, it's the playerbase's "fault" that the clantech are on the market. However, that's not a problem (to most people at least).

It's DE's fault that they didn't add ALL of them clantech on the market.

Thus the playerbase has done no fault, only DE, for making it so inconsistent!

* Dual contra single pistols should be only a difference in magsize, reloadspeed, accuracy and rate of fire (possibly also recoil, but not necessary imo). NOTHING ELSE! Damage, crit and status should always remain the same in both single and dual versions.

** Lato only has half the damage of the AkLato. Double the damage of the Lato (and buff the Vandal and Prime too btw). Now. Like, do that yesterday! Well what do you know? They FRIKKIN NERFED THE AKLATO TO BE AS AWEFUL AS THE SINGLE LATO! You really try your hardest to p!ss off your playerbase, aren't you DE?

You say that the differences should be less with the double and single guns and when they actually do that you also get mad?

Like... you are not really trying to make any points, it seems you are just hating to hate.

Specially when most of this stuff is personal opinion.

We all know that the new lab tech is in the market because it's a new method of getting money. Why would they need to add all of them to the market for cash if they dont want to?

You say that the differences should be less with the double and single guns and when they actually do that you also get mad?

Like... you are not really trying to make any points, it seems you are just hating to hate.

Specially when most of this stuff is personal opinion.

We all know that the new lab tech is in the market because it's a new method of getting money. Why would they need to add all of them to the market for cash if they dont want to?

They did make it consistent (which is good), HOWEVER, in this case they did it by nerfing the viable gun into uselessness, instead of buffing the crappy gun up to usefulness. So they did the right thing, but in the wrong way. It's not like the "newbie experience" wasn't hard enough already...

Lab tech - To be consistent, that's why. Plus they can still earn money by putting the old clantech in the market as well...

"X weapon was removed because it doesn't fit the game's art style!"

Weapon remains in-game, used by enemies.

Alternatively, weapon remains playable, but you can only use a pair of them instead of just the one.

Edited by Yezzik