Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Once Again, Nobody Cared To Test New Items Properly Before Going Live (Zephyr's Max Altitude)

Phantasmo

When I learnt a flying warframe was in the works the first thing I thought was "how are they going to deal with the max altitude limit?".

Being an Excalibur fan myself, I know well enough there's a max altitude you can't  trespass. If you do so, the screen fades to black and you get back to where you were before jumping.

So how does a flying warframe fit into a system with a capped altitude?

Answer: it doesn't.

If you play Zephyr you are going to find yourself fading to black more often than not because of the altitude limit. Even when you are not trying to go that high, if you take off from some high places you will fade to black.

Worse yet: if you take off while sliding you will go even higher, as sliding increases your movement speed. I've only tested this on a map (the Corpus Dam map) but taking off while sliding ended up with the screen fading to black 10/10 times.

The solution would be to simply not let Zephyr go beyond the max altitude. Like an invisible ceiling. Let missiles and stuff fly freely but simply add a ceiling to Warframes so players don't get out of the map.

Edited by [DE]Drew
Removed the dig.

All you have to do is report the issues and give feedback on it. No need to be so negative about it. You people really need to learn how to give proper constructive feedback without being jack-asses all the time. If you ever wonder why people would want to ignore some of the feedback some of you give, that's why.

And how comes nobody cared to do it before Zephyr went live?

Probably because the map design folks were already too busy with the new forest set. Reviewing all map sets is not as simple as it might seem and it takes time, even more so when they are in the process of adding a new one. They could have waited, yes. But then update 12 would have been delayed and that would not make everyone happy. The way I see it, they chose the lesser of two evils.

While I can in some way understand the sentiment, shouldn't we be glad that DE pushes the boundaries with stuff that nobody even imagined half a year before? Such things are bound to have some flukes.
Nevertheless it is a viable point to bring up and it certaintly should be fixed, but I'm not entirely sure it was necessary to sound so agressive and accusing in your post.

When I learnt a flying warframe was in the works the first thing I thought was "how are they going to deal with the max altitude limit?".

Being an Excalibur fan myself, I know well enough there's a max altitude you can't  trespass. If you do so, the screen fades to black and you get back to where you were before jumping.

So how does a flying warframe fit into a system with a capped altitude?

Answer: it doesn't.

If you play Zephyr you are going to find yourself fading to black more often than not because of the altitude limit. Even when you are not trying to go that high, if you take off from some high places you will fade to black.

Worse yet: if you take off while sliding you will go even higher, as sliding increases your movement speed. I've only tested this on a map (the Corpus Dam map) but taking off while sliding ended up with the screen fading to black 10/10 times.

The solution would be to simply not let Zephyr go beyond the max altitude. Like an invisible ceiling. Let missiles and stuff fly freely but simply add a ceiling to Warframes so players don't get out of the map.

This would be obvious to anybody who had tested the new warframe. You DE obviously didn't.

can i say too everybody saying they should test this as beta testers isnt that our job?

A ceiling? Why not just raise the limit? I wanna fly around really high and snipe some dudes from out of the blue (sky).

That would be the perfect solution but I don't think you will like what you see if you fly high enough.

For once I'd like to have a patch that doesn't break existing stuff and doesn't bring new bugs. Something that just works.

It's a real pity this happens because as for the rest, Zephyr is tons of fun. I'm having a blast zooming from corner to corner.