The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Hud Feedback

[DE]Pablo

While I am glad that there is an option to scale the HUD, I'm a bit dissapointed that there are obvious scaling/compression artifacts. Is there any way to vectorize these components?

Also, the item pickup and "ammo full" notifications should probably not be included in scaling as well. Reload and charge should also not scale since it's a part of the reticule.

I haven't read through this post's replies, but after heading in-game and experiencing the UI, I have to say that you guys nailed it.  It's sleek, minimalistic, and displays all the relevant information.  I know there's certain aspects that some arent' going to like (such as not seeing lifebars or all abilities), but it always felt too 'busy' and clunky before.

Ultimately, I think this new interface is, frankly, @(*()$ fantastic.  I adore it, and I'm honestly quite surprised that I heard in-game that many do not.  I think it's simply a case of resisting change, because as an experienced and longtime gamer and PC user, I have no complaints.

Literally, zero.  People will want lifebar/UI grid support to change things up on their own, but I see no fault in it.  Gorgeous, DE, keep up the good work.  It feels wonderfully polished now.

I like some of the quality of life additions to the new UI like timers and things but the layout is just plain all wrong, I cant see any of my or my teams stats at a glance anymore, especially stamina and energy. I have to (even with increased UI size) move my focus and in the harder levels thats enough to get in trouble.

Edited by ShadowDiver64

I love the new UI. It looks much better than the old UI (which was an eyesore).

Just a few suggestions:

- Life support packages and life support pods should be different colour on the map.

- Independent scaling of crosshairs (this would be really nice!)

- Remove pictures from player list.

Thanks.

Edited by VIPER9

Hey DE Pablo, great HUD. I love the overall look.

However, I run 1920 x 1200 and the bottom right corner is getting cut off even when I'm standing still. I tried both Full Screen and Borderless Windowed mode.

You have to manually set the HUD window. It's in the options. Just make the box a bit smaller than your screen and you should be fine.

It's not an ugly UI.  It is attractive.  But, it is physically uncomfortable and straining on my eyes.

1)  The shield and health numbers run right into each other.  The color coding does not stop me from seeing one number, does the opposite actually.  Three digits one color next to three digits another color looks like a 6 digit number to me with the comma separating digit 3 and 4 replaced by color coding instead.

2)  This shade of red and blue clash in my eyes.

3)  The varied sizing just makes somethings too prominent and others hard to see.

4)  The all the status bars have glare and are too small.

I complained about this before release and my concerns were entirely ignored.  We didn't even get a toogle so we could solve this our selves and give DE hard data on our preferences.  I'd much rather have the old HUD back.  I had no issue with it.

First, I want to say I'm impressed on how quick you try to update the hud and improve it.

Now, feedback:

- Numbers on powers: We have a timer, that's good, but not for Frost and Rhino, their powers have health instead of time. Seeing how much life they have left would help a lot, especially with Rhino, where you never know when you are going to lose it.

- The minimap on Survival is chaotic: Sharing the same "Ally" icon with corpus and grineer makes the map very confusing to read. In my opinion, they should have a green "enemy" icon. This way, we can always know where are our squadmates, allies/rescue target and enemies in the map.

All in all I think the new UI looks preatty neat, but there are a few things I'm not too happy with.

However it's way too small and I know you said you'd fix that, but an option to scale the UI would be really good so that everyone can get it as big or small as they want. 

I have pretty bad eyesight so I like to have the UIs in games a bit larger then most people do, so with an option to scale it everyone would be happy! :)

It's also harder to see what's going on in the screen now as everything seems to be smaller and less visible, for example it was a lot easier to see when someone died in the old, but the timer in the new one is great.

Just a thing, put the energy bar near shield/health bar, it's pretty uncomfortable constantly jumping from top to bottom to check shield/health and energy.

And by the way I like this MinOed4.jpg

way much, mostly the colors

Did any1 notice the lvls for Braton and excalibur on this SS?

Guess not.

All in all I think the new UI looks preatty neat, but there are a few things I'm not too happy with.

However it's way too small and I know you said you'd fix that, but an option to scale the UI would be really good so that everyone can get it as big or small as they want. 

I have pretty bad eyesight so I like to have the UIs in games a bit larger then most people do, so with an option to scale it everyone would be happy! :)

It's also harder to see what's going on in the screen now as everything seems to be smaller and less visible, for example it was a lot easier to see when someone died in the old, but the timer in the new one is great.

You can scale the HUD now.  Check your options.  Should have a sliding bar

There is a learning curve with the new HUD, but I like it overall.

After playing with the new HUD, I have one suggestion. Move the gear menu to the bottom-center-right (and the pickup ticker to the bottom-center-left) so that it isn't in the center of our field-of-view. I have a really hard time focusing on my surroundings with that menu in the center of the screen.

Honestly while it looks nice it fails to do what a hud needs to do, and has the same issues of the original one (though some you could get around previously).

- The most needed information is furthest away from where you are generally looking. (you and your squads health and shields and to a slightly lesser extent energy and stamina)

- the least useful information is in a predominant location (currently hotkeyed power.  Honestly its not that hard to remember which power you have highlighted, and most players dont use the one key for all powers anyway, thats why they are most often refered to as just the number key they corospond to.  Eg the '2' power)

- the most typical screen resolution (1080p), has the text blured

- it really doesnt feel technological at all, nore does it feel tenno.  It feels generic (sure it looks good still).

- the map icons obscure information, other than everything being the same colour the old dots worked much better and obscured less.  The 'lotus' icons are just as bad as the hexes.

Scalling the UI or moving the margins doesnt help, it makes the screen cluttered.

It doesnt appear any feedback was listened to from the design council's sugestions as its unchanged and non of the sugestions for making it better were incorperated.

Edited by Loswaith

DE's HUD designer haven't played the Warframe.
DE's HUD design sense is mistake.
It would be useless to be carried out no matter how much feedback.
Request to DE.
· Please learn the basic knowledge of the user interface. The new HUD is very poor.
· Developers please perform a test play always.

I'm posting in Japanese detailed feedback.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173830-hud/

The new mini map symbols are way better and give viable and  legible visual communication!

Actually with the hotfix today, they look better then I imagined.

Happy with the fix, great job

As far as bugs, Ill look closely and see if I can find any to help out.

Yesterday I found this: could not tell if "ice debuff" was  causing  this, it was continuous until I quit the mission, as you can see, I have no  legible  mission information at all.

Z9yCpb3.jpg

But I do not know if this was fixed or not, or if it was a client / host thing; as it was a online game.

I have just one question about the HUD. In Crysis such HUD was legit because it was FIRST person shooter. But here... Are we playing as some flying ball that serves the Tenno as tactical advisor monitoring their health and other stats. Don't get me wrong, I like the looks of new HUD. But for me it's does not fit in Warframe.

my biggest issues with the new hud boil down to two things.  One the minimap icons are too indistinguishable from one another.  Two, the aesthetic look of the new hud feels completely out of place.  The old hud graphic actually had an appealing look as information coming from a cyber suit while the new one is  bland and unintegrated in the theme of the game.

*Edit: Actually with the hotfix i no longer have a problem with minimap.

Edited by Raileks

I'd like to mention another thing. On the old hud when someone is bleeding out the icon for the player on the minimap changed into a red cross. I'd like something similar changed in the new hud. Currently the icon stays the same. When you get a message that someone is down you cannot tell where the downed tenno is and its difficult to find them.

Played few hours now with the new hud more centered and resized. I can tell that i do not even look at the dots near the reticle, my eyes always go for the corner with the power icons. The dots are unimportant or almost unwanted feature.