Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Hud Feedback

[DE]Pablo

The slider was nice, i instantly maximized it, however a problem has appeared.

The numbers, the health bar, the shields, they are all perfectly visible, the problem lies in the damage numbers, the exp, the crossair and mods i believe, they are insanely huge.

Is it possible to decide the scaling on those things, so we can make certain things big and others small, seeing damage numbers that big made me dizzy and that crossair, i didn't imagined it would be affected.

We actually tried this and surprisingly it was harder to read, created a lot of visual noise on the right side since the base of the bar was no longer aligned to everything else.

it's already hard to read, it would of been better to have a HP Bar & a Shield Bar, not half and half, it makes it look like we are half dead, on a healer it's hard to actually figure out who needs healing since we always see them at 50% hp lol.

we need to be able to move the stuff around too, having the Team thing on the left was great cause MOBA players look to the left all the time for the maps / team, but in this everything is more in the blind side ¬_¬

HUD Moveability + Better looking HUD in general would be great, cause scaling it up just looks like a LOW Quality / "first play around" with it :/

Its extremely difficult to read at times because you didn't put a border or backgrounds or even a drop shadow on any of the text.

The map blends into bright surfaces making it difficult to read at a glance.

Everything is placed really really close to the edges of the screen by default making it difficult to quickly parse information

The text is really small.

Objective text is small white text that easily blends into bright surfaces which can be deadly on survival.

The shaking caused by character movement also makes it more difficult to read (but thankfully that can be turned off).

It looks nicer at the expense of functionality.

edit: white text with a black border can be read on any color.

Edited by Nephera

The resizing helps, but scaling the crosshair, scopes and things like pick up message along with it is a big no.

Separate those elements.

Also, we need the option to have energy close to HP and shields.

Contrast still sorely lacking.

Just allow us to move the elements around so we can make a good HUD ourselves.

Edited by Caernarvon

Thanks for the ability to scale the HUD, it makes things a lot better! However, like others have mentioned, it increases the size of the crosshair and sniper scopes also. These elements should remain a fixed size, especially since the scope overlay gets its corners stretched off of the screen.  

Sorry if I am repeating something someone has already said, but my eyes hurt trying to read through all the varying opinions.

I believe the following changes are something we need now & have needed for quite some time.

1] Return Extraction to the loving red extract notification that we all know and have grown ever so accustomed to.

2] Separate the colors of player icons from the icons of whatever faction we are assisting.. It is impossible to tell what is what when in game and surrounded by the faction we are supporting.

3] When fellow clan members are in squad together put in a clan icon color so we can tell each other apart from the whole mess of either allied factions or "randoms" as we call them.

Some of the clans like to use teamwork & stay together, but in the chaos of combat it is easy to get separated and then trying to figure out who is who from the minimap is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. (Despite it generally only being 4 people)

Things happen.. Doors get locked.. People get distracted and lose touch - best of teamwork or not. If fellow clan mates could easily identify each other from the minimap it would help with improving in clan teamwork outside of a full squad.

Ciao for now

The slant is terrible, I don't even see a way to see my energy, I could care less about my Sentinel, let me remove that bit.

The dots that show my last used skill under the crosshair?

GET RID OF THAT. THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN IS NOT A PLACE TO PUT ANYTHING UI RELATED THAT ISN'T A CROSSHAIR!

I can't play until you remove these. I liked Warframe for it's wider screen to actually play and less screen to worry about health and stuff, but this is just bad. And after all this, there is still no option to actually remove tidbits from the screen? That's the most disappointing, by far.

I wouldn't go so far to say UI ruined U12, but it makes me dread playing.

Could we at least, oh, I don't know, get the OPTION to revert to normal HUD?

You'll never please everyone, but you'll please a lot more people by giving choices instead of "lol no we made this you have to use it"

This is a HUGE issue. This is what players see ALL THE TIME ingame.

Edited by KTribute

Map feedback:

Collated Posts About Oh My (!) The New Map Is (!) Terrible. :( ▬▬

The main problem is the new map icons are bloated and ugly and just block out the other icons, making it much harder to see things nearby when things are busy because the icons end up overlapping each other and blocking the others out, especially with Thief's Wit (the icons for the crates/affinity orbs are HORRIBLE), it makes it literally impossible to count a bunch of enemies for example, you can't see if it's one or two clustered or a mob of 10... The simple radar-like blips were perfect :(

Edited by dethkittin

Presonally enjoying the new Hud.   

I wonder about how friendly it is for people that are color blind.  (Speaks on behalf of his better half :3)   

Maybe can't do much for the shield and Health parts.   But maybe there is something that can be done on behalf of the mini map icons?   Maybe have a setting to toggle to the old style way points cause those were distinct enough that color didn't matter.   The current icons.  Other then Color... look the same unless you are looking right at the map.  but for the most part one should be glancing at the map and keeping there senses aware of whos shooting at them.   

Just a thought :/

Four things which I think could be improvements:

Separate options to resize the minimap and the rest of the HUD. Right now, the map is obnoxiously large for me when I get the rest of my HUD to a preferred size.

Further distinction between similar things on the minimap. Previously, a red cross and green dots made distinguishing between live and downed allies much easier. The same goes for the previous icons for life support capsules, and life support drops.

1] Return Extraction to the loving red extract notification that we all know and have grown ever so accustomed to.

2] Separate the colors of player icons from the icons of whatever faction we are assisting.. It is impossible to tell what is what when in game and surrounded by the faction we are supporting.

This. Maybe players can be blue and allies green. And yeah I love that old red extraction symbol. 

The dots that show my last used skill under the crosshair?

GET RID OF THAT. THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN IS NOT A PLACE TO PUT ANYTHING UI RELATED THAT ISN'T A CROSSHAIR!

I agree. 

Further distinction between similar things on the minimap. Previously, a red cross and green dots made distinguishing between live and downed allies much easier. The same goes for the previous icons for life support capsules, and life support drops.

Yeah, I am having a hard time spotting people who go down. I'm used to looking at the mini-map for the downed icon. With the new HUD, I usually don't notice people are down until its too late to save them. 

This is a big change but we want to give it a chance and not give up on it so soon, we want to have the combat (weapon and abilities) together, we realize everyone, us included, were used to look upper right, but after playing for a while we feel lower right with the support of the dots below the reticle really works.

I'm sorry, but what? "support of the dots below the reticle really works"? How, exactly? Using a keyboard makes those dots redundant. Do you guys test the game using a 360 or PS4 controller? The dots do not support the vast majority of PC users in any way. It is useless feedback because the only thing it shows is which ability you have energy for (which we wouldn't need if energy wasn't pushed into a corner by itself). The vast majority of PC users use their keyboard and mouse meaning half of the purpose of the "support dots" is pointless. You guys could've put an energy bar down there, or shield bar. Anything.

You chose to make it easier for controller users to select and activate abilities on a platform where such a feature is only relevant to a small number of users.

Please, I URGE you to reconsider the use of the "support dots" on the PC platform. At the very least, make a "Keyboard and mouse" setting and "controller" setting that detects what mode of input is being used and chooses a HUD that favors that type of input. 

Here's my thread, please read it and please don't commit to keeping the redundant "support dots":https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/173201-the-ui-and-whats-wrong-with-itagain/?view=findpost&p=2031844

Edited by DavidSPD

-snip-

Someone suggested to switch those white quarter-circles around the crosshair into tiny health, shield, SpaceMana™ and stamina bars, and I can't agree enough.

Minimalistic in the middle, detailed in the corners.

And the ability dots also have their place there then.

+ It works, doesn't break style too badly (more on that later)

+ Proportional representation of health/shields while still keeping numbers

+ Health/shields of sentinel and squadmates looks great alongside your own health

+ Time indicator on powers

+ Energy bar is more distinct, clearer

+ NPC calls are actually pretty cool and give a sense of better production value

+ Options to scale HUD and position margins

- Powers and energy are next to weapons

- Font used is OK but not very Warframe

- Objective indicator font is too thin, doesn't fit with the rest of WF

- Equipment level up notification from before was cooler and less distracting

- Minimap is too rectangular and doesn't display enough one way compared to the other unless you expand it

- Minimap icons are awful; bulky, distracting, hard to understand, obstructive, and look like something out of Star Wars

- HUD scaling is all at once

The style needs to be cohesive. Right now it's starting to fly in a bunch of different directions. The icons, for example, have a place somewhere, but not in Warframe. The old icons were perfect. Easy to see and understand, and unobtrusive. The new ones are hexagonal when nothing else in Warframe is, colored differently than before, are solid, and take up way too much space. It becomes very distracting to see these blips all over the screen. Custom waypoint marker included. It was all perfect before and nothing needed changing.

Energy being on the bottom is bad because not all abilities are used offensively like weapons, even if they are damage-based abilities. You look to the bottom to check how soon you'll run out of ammo, but shooting is shooting and ammo isn't that big of a problem. Energy is entirely different. When you have a skill that's just as much for utility and survival as it is offense, you want to assess how much energy you have, how fast you can refill it, and how many times you can cast an ability or if you still have enough to use others. This is why adding the four dots below the crosshair isn't enough - you can cast it, sure, but how much energy do you have after? For me, it becomes like stamina, just much more haphazard. Because of this, I have to group it with all the other essential frame info. Putting energy and HP/stamina on entirely separate sides of the screen makes you have to switch up and down all the time. In addition, the top of the screen is easier to look at while still maintaining focus on the action.

HUD scaling should be good, but isn't right now. HP and energy/weapons needs to be bigger, and looks much better once it is. But the crosshair becomes gigantic if you do that, so it's unusable either way.

Font is less important because it doesn't impact gameplay as much, but the style of the "mission complete" screen is still the old style. And I still love it. These thin lines and transparent boxes are a new style, and have some merit, but it looks like it's trying just a little too hard to be stylish for the sake of being stylish. And that little bit makes it confusing to throw in with all the other graphical styles WF currently has.

A HUD menu tab with lots of options would be a very nice thing to have. Options to use different HUD styles would be even better, but I'm not counting on that.

The new UI looks like someone took a video of someone playing warframe with no HUD, then while playing that on a screen, layed a transparent plastic sheet over the screen (the kind used for overhead projectors) and drew in marker, or even used stickers instead of marker. It really does not fit at all into the sleek styling of the gameplay elements.

I think the two biggest problems that I see with the new hud are:

1. The functionality of the hud is not such that you can gain information with in a split second. It takes time hunting it down, and seeing it. The font/bars are klunky and strangely positioned in relation to eachother and instead of gaining my information from one area of the screen, I now have to hunt all over the place. Which takes time.

This would not be bad to get use to; but it becomes bad when...

2. Bright colors in the game such as the environment, an explosion etc... wash out the UI so that it simply isn't visible. I played a game on phobos for example; where my ability bar was totally washed out by the desert sand. I could not see it for a good 85% of the duration of the game. It's not fun guessing when you have enough power to use an ability.

User personalization of the interface is best when it comes to UI. Color, Size, Placement, and the ability to adjust opaque/transparency behind the interface is nessicary.

2014-02-07_00012_zps0db11695.jpg

There's few things that needed to improvise the HUD imho. The color's scheme are fine, to get to a specific color is good. Ex, Red = Enemy. Green = Extraction. Yellow = Support. Blue = Ally. Again in designing as simple as possible and straight to the point is good. Vibrant color helps too for catching eye.

1)White color life support, time/duration(on mobile def) are actually really dull. White is not a good color for something that really important. Plus on certain area white tent to blend with in the background. Makes it hard to see/notice. Something vibrant like yellow/green (yellow should be it tbh with the color specific for support) should be good. Vibrant color makes it really easy to notice too.

2)The HUD is way to small on higher resolution. Plus the placement of hp/energy/ammo count way too far from middle (which is the focus point) make is hard to look from middle then bottom right then middle again. Plus that really small energy count on the very bottom right is also white. By placing something important nearer to focus point(middle) really helps imho.

3)The extraction point is gone if u are far off track. It makes ppl need to figure out where were they came from.

Thx.