The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

I'm Tired Of Game Crashes!

Zacaa09

Today was my last day of XP Amp. so for maximum use I play all day Surv/Def. and was full of crashes... First was at the morning, 21min on Mimas and crash.... 2nd was on a Orokin Derelict Defense (ODD) at wawe 20, 3rd recently at ODD again on wawe 25... I've lost all XP, Mods, Resources...

I know that always with big updates fails can come, but please fix this because we spend time leveling on this and then lost everything, and is kinda frustrating.

Thanks for the space, and sorry if is not the right place.

Regards!

Edited by Zacaa09

also, with all the crashes back to windows screen, the crash error report sending is almost 100% failing after the 1st few times.. cannot send crash report since .. gonna see is cache verify with fix crash report sending ..

also, cache verify doesn't fix crash frequency...

my memtest report no problem on my ram either ..

Each crash instance should prompt a crash handler that on submission gives you a War - #####, if you are able to record this number on your next crash (if it's reproducible or common), please send it in a support.warframe.com ticket so we can nail it down quickly.

Warframe crashed on me too; about 4 or 5 times today. No War - ##### messages though, only the standard "wait for program to respond or close". Also getting tons of stuttering :S

::Edit::

I should mention all the crashes were on Void missions only, stuttering is everywhere though.

Edited by xxx7

Rebecca, are you kidding me? These problems has been around as long as the game has, the issue isn't on our part to submit a ticket to support. It's YOUR job to make sure it doesn't happen every. single. time.

Every update makes the game less and less optimized.

Warframe crashed on me too; about 4 or 5 times today. No War - ##### messages though, only the standard "wait for program to respond or close". Also getting tons of stuttering :S

When the crash occurs, don't start warframe again. Instead you should navigate to your "%localappdata%\Warframe\" folder (just plug that into a file explorer address bar to go there) and grab your EE.log file (copy and paste it somewhere else), because restarting the game erases the old EE.log and starts a new one. Once you have the EE.log, you should also make a dxdiag.txt file (by running the DxDiag tool and selecting "save all information"). With both files in hand, you should create a support ticket. These two files (DxDiag.txt and EE.log) are what get sent by the crash reporter anyway. This way you can report the crash and supply the programmers and CSRs with the files they need to find exactly what went wrong, where it went wrong and when it went wrong.

Rebecca, are you kidding me? These problems has been around as long as the game has, the issue isn't on our part to submit a ticket to support. It's YOUR job to make sure it doesn't happen every. single. time.

Actually, it sort of is the players' job to submit support tickets alongside crash reports (the crash reporter even directs you to make a support ticket, last I checked). A lot of the crashes that occur are often caused by hardware and software fragmentation (almost everyone's computers are different; different hardware, different software, different operating systems, different game settings, et cetera). Expecting DE to be able to recreate every single crash that players experience is expecting way too much.

If players only said "Game crashes DE pls fix" without giving any additional info (i.e. runtime log of the program like the EE.log or system configuration like the DxDiag.txt), then DE would never be able to fix the majority (if not all) of the crashes that players complain about. If you want DE to fix the crashes that you experience, then you need to help them so that they can fix it. When it comes down to it, the frequent crashes, lots of bugs and unoptimized portions of the game are what make this a beta (inb4 "not a beta"). 

(p.s. it actually isn't Rebecca's job to fix the crashes, she isn't one of the coders!)

you are funny guy Letter13.

what if EE.log was saved. it was delivered to DE. and issue is still ingame after couple of months.

also: it's my job to report of sort? my man say no to drugs. because you are saying such a stupid things.

because by your words: this is a beta, i am a beta tester, not even a volunteer but a person who paid to participate in a beta test. good to know man, good to know.

Edited by Althix

what if EE.log was saved. it was delivered to DE. and issue is still ingame after couple of months.

also: it's my job to report of sort? my man say no to drugs. because you are saying such a stupid things.

because by your words: this is a beta, i am a beta tester, not even a volunteer but a person who paid to participate in a beta test. good to know man, good to know.

I don't even understand what you're trying to say.  Like, at all.  You're mad that you voluntarily paid $100 on a free to play game that's still in beta?  That's your problem, dude.  What do you mean "what if the issue is still ingame"?  Have you ever had to try squashing bugs before?  It's not easy to reproduce a "random crash 21 minutes into Elara, Jupiter survival mission."  If it cannot be reliably reproduced, good luck fixing it.  That's not how the world works, I'm sorry that reality doesn't align with your fantasy world.  If you want this BETA game that you voluntarily paid $100 on to get better and eventually be released as a "real game", then your duty is to report bugs and help the game reach that point.

"my man say no to drugs.  because you are saying such a stupid things."  Wow.  Such deep, very inspire

C'mon, seriously? But you are right...

...you are a beta tester. You agreed to it when made that profile. I'm kinda getting disappointed in this "I'm the consumer, lick my a*s" attitude of current generations.

Edited by K_Shiro

When the crash occurs, don't start warframe again. Instead you should navigate to your "%localappdata%\Warframe\" folder (just plug that into a file explorer address bar to go there) and grab your EE.log file (copy and paste it somewhere else), because restarting the game erases the old EE.log and starts a new one. Once you have the EE.log, you should also make a dxdiag.txt file (by running the DxDiag tool and selecting "save all information"). With both files in hand, you should create a support ticket. These two files (DxDiag.txt and EE.log) are what get sent by the crash reporter anyway. This way you can report the crash and supply the programmers and CSRs with the files they need to find exactly what went wrong, where it went wrong and when it went wrong.

Ah, I'll give it a shot next time ;) Thanks!

C'mon, seriously?

yeah seriously. there is a difference between open beta product as part of demostration before RTM and perpetual beta as marketing technique.

care to enlight me when this game will be ready? no? ok. know why? with release comes full support and responsibility for remaining issues. and this is not the case with f2p games these are betas for years, with player base as free QA.

and know how long it takes to fix an issue? from 4 to 10 months. just saying. from four to ten months to fix an issue which have direct impact on gaming experience.

so. basically this is not a beta as you may understand this. so basically i am a client. it's sure as hell not my sort of job to report an issue that must be removed from the game by reports from QA team before deploying it on live servers.

Edited by Althix

In any case a good place to start is to insure all drivers are up to date;

Can you please try using SlimDrivers to do a full update for everything on your computer.

I would first recommend making a restore point in case one of the updates causes additional problems with your computer. Below you can find manuals on how to proceed with your windows version.

For Windows 7:
http://www.dummies.c...-windows-7.html

For Windows 8:
http://www.dummies.c...-windows-8.html

For Windows XP:
http://www.dummies.c...vId-323028.html

The SlimDriver utility can be downloaded here:
http://download.cnet...4-75279940.html

You would be surprised what can be out of date, i downloaded my USB drivers from the ASUS website. It apparently didnt stick however, slim driver corrected it.

yeah seriously. there is a difference between open beta product as part of demostration before RTM and perpetual beta as marketing technique.

care to inlight me when this game will be ready? no? ok. know why? with release comes full support and responsibility for remaining issues. and this is not the case with f2p games these are betas for years, with player base as free QA.

and know how long it takes to fix an issue? from 4 to 10 months. just saying. from four to ten months to fix an issue which have direct impact on gaming experience.

so. basically this is not a beta as you may understand this. so basically i am a client. it's sure as hell not my sort of job to report an issue that must be removed from the game by reports from QA team before deploying it on live servers.

Would to love to know your game making experience before you start shouting out statistics. Anyways my above post to all having issues.

I'm getting @(*()$ sick and tired of crashes on orokin derelict void missions and on siege missions for attempting to obtain orokin cells on whatever planet it's on, I've contact DE support like multiple times now, still no luck, I'm beginning to assume it's either a bug in the game istelf or my rig isn't strong enough to hold out, but I've updated everything my gpu,motherboard and other stuff but I do not even know what the hell is going on with this warframe game.

care to inlight me when this game will be ready? no? ok. know why? with release comes full support and responsibility for remaining issues. and this is not the case with f2p games these are betas for years, with player base as free QA.

None of your rants matter. The moment you made your profile you agreed to it. That's how law works.

Your manner on the other hand is a different case - you like the rules or not, customer or no, this is no way to talk. Here (real life location) if you would to start yapping like this in a shop, you would get kicked... or beaten. Don't want to troll you (though at this point I doubt I should care) but you should start looking at other people in a different way. Arrogance (which your posts indicate) is never good, it makes your relationships and your life shallow. Learn to respect others, their situation and their rights, not just your own. Believe me, you will soon see how unnecessary is to run around preaching your putative or substantive* rights.

*Wow, first time using those words, kinda cool. :)

I'm getting @(*()$ sick and tired of crashes on orokin derelict void missions and on siege missions for attempting to obtain orokin cells on whatever planet it's on, I've contact DE support like multiple times now, still no luck, I'm beginning to assume it's either a bug in the game istelf or my rig isn't strong enough to hold out, but I've updated everything my gpu,motherboard and other stuff but I do not even know what the hell is going on with this warframe game.

Did you use slim driver? Id recommend downloading that and making sure it is. Also you can PM your Rig model number if it is a prebuild, or general specs if you hand built it and I'll see if i can help with anything.