Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #22

[DE]Rebecca

they did say that the space station hub would only be more of a hang out than a YOU HAVE TO GO HERE FOR MISSION thing, also, the badlands, to make additions to what he said:

"your towers will be defended by the faction that likes your clan the most, but, not limited, say you recently did grineer a big favor, they may send reinforcement when they see you need it, this will not at all be pvp" (I paraphrased, so not exact words, ya'll get the point though)

awesome stream guys... Thoroughly enjoyed it!  The new space ship / Starchart looks freaking amazing-- So cool seeing the planet right out of the ship like that.  

New tile set- was way too dark..we need a *light* warframe now... his ultimate can be * Walking Flashlight *... 

Big ups to the idea of area specific dmg mods... Head shot dmg + for sniper rifles!!!!!!  

Torso + for shotguns!

so where are the summary and youtube link?

Usually if they're not posted immediately after we have to wait until monday.

Anyway, you can read the reddit summary in the meanwhile...

I do a video recap thats normally 5-13 minutes depending on what was said and much there is to say about it. I'm putting together the last pieces today so its up for tomorrow :3

what is this "Derf" everybody is losing their tenno minds over? confused PS4 face*

A fan made boss idea, which has become quite popular!

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/39073-mini-boss-idea-derf-anyo-son-of-nef-the-immortal-megathread/

I do a video recap thats normally 5-13 minutes depending on what was said and much there is to say about it. I'm putting together the last pieces today so its up for tomorrow :3

Cool man!

Of the 3 end game concepts Proxy War makes the most sense to me.  I also think Focus could be interesting.  I am not a fan of the Badlands concept as I don't see how that really equates to end game content.  It feels like in the end the Tenno just take a seat next to the Corpus and Grineer.

Of the endgame stuff, two of the three seem really cool. Proxy Wars sounds incredibly cool, with the accompanying "lore buffet" (nom nom).

If they roll out Badlands (or as I'll call it, Solar Rail Tycoon), I will likely avoid being directly involved in it, and I'm only really interested in going on Badlands missions if the 'rates' are incredibly reasonable. My fear is that the need for intrigue and inter-clan rivalries around solar rail management will spill over and poison the region chat and these forums (well, parts of the forums anyways), and turn them into system-wide pissing matches.

Overall U 12 is awesome so far as i can tell so good job guys and thanks for the awesome updates. I also liked the most of the plans you laid out for 2014 except for one. The clan bridge building is an insanely bad idea. Going in the PvP direction is a bad idea. The PvE heavy aspect is what makes this game unique and worth playing. PvP games are boring and have been done to death. I reserve further judgement for when it is actually released. 

Endgame

It feels like in the end the Tenno just take a seat next to the Corpus and Grineer.

More like roundhouse-kicking the Twin Queens and the Corpus Board out of their seats making them submissive to the will of 2-3 bigger Tenno Alliances, which will force other Tenno to join them too in the end or they will hinder you from advancing, like it is the case in many other by players dominated MMOs. Make super-massive-alliances even more rich and undefeatable while bleeding out loners and small clans/guilds. I can't tell how I hate something like that.

Too unbalanced for my delicate taste.

But the Proxy Wars seem like a good idea, at least for me, but I guess there will be people which will fullfil the Orders' missions faster than the Devs are able to supply new stuff and ranks, which defeats the purpose once again of being called "Endgame".

The Focus stuff is yet something too complex to comprehent for me, I guess there has to arise more information about how that is going to work out. :D

Solarmap/Spacestations

... Also I'm going to miss the Solarmap already... Hopefully there will be a good replacement in the 3D space stations... Like a holographic display of the solarmap. Also there should be Corpus and Grineer hanging out too, because at all they are open for everybody. I'd like to see some brawls between them in the local pub... xD

Makes me think of the TOS episode "The trouble with tribbles" when Scotty starts the fight at the bar with one of the Klingons.

trouble-with-tribbles-06.jpg

Grineer Shipyard

And daaaaamn.... The Grineer Shipyard is dark. I hope it stays this way, reminds me somewhat of Doom³ and I liked that back then.

General Purpose Skills

That's what should have been implemented much earlier, because then some of the skills would never have been incorporated into Warframe specific skills. For example in my mind Ripline is nothing that should be Valkyr-only, it's a skill any Warframe could use, but that's only my opinion.

Edited by MeduSalem

My god I just realized something guys, remember that Melee specialized enemy that is coming with Melee 2.0? What if it's Derf, since his concept is melee based and the devs mentioned Derf at the end of the stream? I'm only putting them together, maybe it's a stretch , but I feel like that's too much to be a coincidence.

I'd so it love it for it to be him, even the parry thing that they said about it, sounds a lot like one of the ways you are supposed to defeat him lol.

My god I just realized something guys, remember that Melee specialized enemy that is coming with Melee 2.0? What if it's Derf, since his concept is melee based and the devs mentioned Derf at the end of the stream? I'm only putting them together, maybe it's a stretch , but I feel like that's too much to be a coincidence.

I'd so it love it for it to be him, even the parry thing that they said about it, sounds a lot like one of the ways you are supposed to defeat him lol.If 

If Derf is how the corpus are going to regain their territory of the solar map back, then I am completely on board with that.

Thanks for more info on the 'End game' stuff.

The concern of badlands is the comment made about small clans having an impact only by allying or selling their alliance to one of the big clans, for the purpose of holding a solar rail tower.  With what sounded like very little ability to actually make any real impact themselves.

Edited by Loswaith

At the very least, one would hope that clans who aren't in control can still use their own towers for their own access, without having to be part of the tower wars. (Can we call it a saga? Just because?)

I really don't like the way it feels like players not in a clan are getting locked out of newer content.

Are people really surprised by the amount of support that the Grineer are getting in invasions? We already know that Corpus don't pay their bills, and you have the Harvester and people fighting RNG trying to get the weapon they already fought the Grineer for. Of course they don't want to side with Corpus!

At the very least, one would hope that clans who aren't in control can still use their own towers for their own access, without having to be part of the tower wars. (Can we call it a saga? Just because?)

The implication was only one tower sets an area as controlled while the area is contested if there is more than one tower, so not sure if multiple towers will function togeather for the same area.  Though changes can still occur so it's really any guess at this point.