The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Wow, I love it. Great concept, good balancing. My only concern is that we just had a glass cannon frame added with Mesa. But, maybe if there was a power to infest enemies, and have them bloom like that synada's effect, and have it heal your team over time? Just to give it sort of an oberon feel as well? Just a thought. Either way, great work.

Okay so let me make a quick list of this so far.
We've got:

Typhus (I believe we have something like what.... five or so versions of him scattered through the thread)
Three possible signature weapons for him
An infested archwing
Weiss
A light based archwing
A CGI movie in the works
Orokin Honor guard
An unknown creature concept (my guess it's a sentient)
The "Little Devil" and "Devil Princess" (Still thinking there's a link there)
The Light Hawk vehicle concept
A concept for Orokin life/the Tenno beneath the warframes
and finally a very interesting headcannon explaining the existence of them all....

Damn... gotta love the creativity and variety in this thing.
Did I leave anything out guys?

I absolutely love this concept, although I'm not a fan of the glass cannon Warframes, I love this. Maybe Typhus was one of the tenno whose infection became his shield kinda like Gaara's sand in Naruto. (I know I'm lame for referencing that). I can kinda imagine a scene where the tenno was getting consumed by the infection and it covers him then he just kinda relaxes and the infection hardens into the Typhus Warframe

Wow, I love it. Great concept, good balancing. My only concern is that we just had a glass cannon frame added with Mesa. But, maybe if there was a power to infest enemies, and have them bloom like that synada's effect, and have it heal your team over time? Just to give it sort of an oberon feel as well? Just a thought. Either way, great work.

Mesa's 3 gives her 95% damage reduction. She is NOT a glass cannon. Most people find her tankier then Rhino.

Why do you still write warframe all over these other concepts when they're all clearly in your very own self-made universe and story?

Er, please point out to me where it says this is another universe? and the Orokin era IS a part of the Warframe story?

Why do you still write warframe all over these other concepts when they're all clearly in your very own self-made universe and story?

First, let me define what "Concept" means.

con·cept
noun
noun: concept; plural noun: concepts

an abstract idea; a general notion.

synonyms: idea, notion, conception, abstraction;
Now that I got that out of the way.. this is a concept for a Warframe within the Warframe universe. As it stands, the current lore for Warframe is incomplete and not definite. Anything can happen and anything can be created at DE's discretion. Warframe is a growing and developing IP.

The point of a fan made concept is an idea. It's fan created content for something that they enjoy and would like to see in the game. It an idea, not an absolute creation.

"Why do you still write Warframe all over these other concepts when they're all clearly in your very own self-made universe and story?"

What do you think fan concepts are? Are you saying that Warframe fanfictions and fan created content should put the "Warframe" name on it simply because they created something that they liked? What you posted is almost stupid. He's submitting an idea, one that is highly rated and has invested hours of his time to research the lore of Warframe to make Typhus a fitting addition to the game.

When you create a concept for a Warframe, you don't just draw something up and go "Here, new Warframe". You need a story with the Warframe, how the frame would be introduced. How the frame came about in the universe. You're arguing with RedSkittlez about his submission for a Warframe when DE has created frames such as Mesa, Limbo, and a few others when they don't exactly have much of a lore to them.

Point is, it's an idea. Stop arguing and shunning RedSkittlez for trying to contribute to the game. If there is something you do not like about the concept, then add constructive criticism about what you don't like and what you would like to see with the frame. Skittlez doesn't aimlessly create these concepts. He does ask quite a few people for information and researches things before he creates a concept and then continues to change and evolve the concept when things change with Warframe.

I for one am thankful there are members in our community like RedSkittlez trying to contribute to the game and try to extend the content and lore of this amazing game.

the Orokin era IS a part of the Warframe story?

3254293-i%2Bbelieve%2Bhim%2B_08d696789b3

"The Orokin are a precursor race that ruled over the Solar System for a period of time. During what was known as the Orokin Era, they built technological masterpieces that rival even present day technology. Their descendants are the Tenno, beings of balance and control. They came to be when the Orokin sent their kin into the void. Although there is almost no information about the Orokin race, their technology, or their disappearance, they play a crucial part in the universe of Warframe.

During a war with what were known as the Sentients the Orokin utilized the Technocyte Virus as a way to combat them, most notable example of it being a giant Lephantis. Very little information remains on what their goals may have been, but this shows the Orokin had a mastery over organic and technological aspects."

3254293-i%2Bbelieve%2Bhim%2B_08d696789b3

"The Orokin are a precursor race that ruled over the Solar System for a period of time. During what was known as the Orokin Era, they built technological masterpieces that rival even present day technology. Their descendants are the Tenno, beings of balance and control. They came to be when the Orokin sent their kin into the void. Although there is almost no information about the Orokin race, their technology, or their disappearance, they play a crucial part in the universe of Warframe.

During a war with what were known as the Sentients the Orokin utilized the Technocyte Virus as a way to combat them, most notable example of it being a giant Lephantis. Very little information remains on what their goals may have been, but this shows the Orokin had a mastery over organic and technological aspects."

you know,the idea of the tenno being the weapons of balance..it reminds me of "the day the earth stood still" and old sci fi movie favorite of mine

the main thing was these intelligent robots that went everywhere with the aliens,acting upon there own intellect,automatically surpressing any and all hostile aggression as a peace containment measure

maybe this explains the stalker`s codex?my theory is that the tenno were somewhat like this...and the orokin,still being human,were determined to do the "empire thing"

now an interesting supposition....we know from hidden messages that mirage had been torn to shreds by the sentients...mag prime likely got catfooded from what transpired at the end of her codex

does this not lend that possibility that the tenno that destroyed the orokin in cold blood were an entirely seperate type of tenno?and that most of the good tenno were already in cryosleep awaiting activation,or had been destroyed in combat against the sentients?

and that seeing the massacre by the "insane tenno" the lotus put the rest of us in cryosleep to protect us from the wrath of the "lower guardians" who were too "blunt" to differentiate between say,a corrupted by sentients tenno and a functioning one?

This kind of thinking echoes my old guess that Prime actually equals Neural Node.

Meaning the Emperors, in their Demigodhood twisted and corrupted by first the wonders of Technocyte, and later building Magic from science by harnessing the Void energy, tried to control everything by Neural Slavery and robotics.

I think the Sentients broke their stranglehold over mankind, allowing the Lotus to free the Tenno.

Perhaps the Sentient leaders are like Cephalons/Really are Cephalons, using drones to fight for them.

In that case some Tenno could have been hijacked by the Sentients, but I find it more likely they would have simply cut the head of the snake when they had the chance.

I do however believe that in the war of the Tenno, the few who remained were forced into hiding by the Guardians and Infested, possibly remaining Sentients in Sol system.

you know i had an idea for a sentient warframe of sorts....my main premise being that since the sentients keapt on taking control of orokin tech,they surely had to know of the way the orokin were able to build tenno basically

so my idea was this

the "rejects" mentioned in rhino prime`s codex,the failed tenno,the uncontrollable ones,couldnt be easily destroyed...so they were all packed in a tomb ship and chucked right back into the void

but since mag prime`s codex alludes to fighting in the void with the sentients...that perhaps the sentients found this orokin tomb ship,and using the knowledge they gathered from the orokin tech and what have you...they started building advanced shells,more advanced than orokin tech,for the reject tenno,that harnessed the uncontrollable energy to further stabilize them,using materials that only exist stably in the void,such as argon crystals,unlike the orokin tech which is an advanced armor built out of normal realm stuff