The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

Am I the only one who is getting sick of the Typhus fanboys/girls posting that it should be released? can't they promote it by like upping it? idk... getting tired of seeing Typhus threads popping up everywhere... 

Disclaimer/Notice

This thread was made for my concept Typhus and discussions related to Typhus. You're welcome to be a fan of other concepts, but please do not promote, solicit or link concepts made by others without first getting my explicit permission. This is common courtesy; I don't want people to take my concepts and solicit them elsewhere, so please don't solicit others' concepts here. Cheers.

the design is great and all, but just doesn't feel Warframe-ish, I like the more exoskelet looks on frames.

Exoskeleton
An exoskeleton is the external skeleton that supports and protects an animal's body, in contrast to the internal skeleton (endoskeleton) of, for example, a human. Some animals, such as the tortoise, have both an endoskeleton and an exoskeleton.

Exoskeletons contain rigid and resistant components that fulfill a set of functional roles including protection, excretion, sensing, support, feeding and acting as a barrier against desiccation in terrestrial organisms. Exoskeletons have a role in defense from pests and predators, support, and in providing an attachment framework for musculature.

Exoskeletons contain chitin; the addition of calcium carbonate makes them harder and stronger.

In-growths of the arthropod exoskeleton known as antipodes serve as attachment sites for muscles. These structures are composed of chitin, and are approximately 6 times as strong and twice as stiff as vertebrate tendons. Similar to tendons, antipodes can stretch to store elastic energy for jumping, notably in locusts.
warframe___locust_s_exoskeleton_2_0_wip_

Sooo a male saryn then? allllrighty, he also looks waaay too samurai to fit in the general designs of this game imo.

That's like me saying mesa looks waaay too much like a gunslinger or hydroid looks waaay too much like a pirate.

Please read the OP, typhus is a parasite warframe who consume biological mass (basically he eats people) and saryn is a toxic warframe who poisons her victims.

Toxicity/poison and parasites are nothing like one another.  Saryn is a frame based around POISON and TOXIC compounds.

Parasite:

exnB0l6.png

A parasite is a living organism that lives inside of another organism, draining nutrients from the host in order to fuel itself and/or reproduce. The majority of parasites are harmful to their host. SOME parasites do not harm the host, and some even benefit the host in return (symbiosis). Parasites are living organisms. Some parasites include: intestinal worms (hookworms, flatworms, etc), Malaria (protozoan parasite that lives in your bloodstream), etc.

Toxicity/Poison:

1RElX1C.png

EDGHpTd.png

Toxic compounds and poisons are not living and always harm living organisms. Poisons (inanimate compounds and materials that are detrimental to living organisms) vary from creature to creature, for example mercury is poisonous to humans but it's much less so to certain fish. Arsenic is another example of a poison.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Sooo a male saryn then? allllrighty, he also looks waaay too samurai to fit in the general designs of this game imo.

Seriously, that talk again ?

I don't know if you did or not read the previous posts, but that statement was... Well... "Clarified" quite an hilarious number of times.

And to be clear, if you want to say that, that's your opinion sure, but then, you must give ideas, concepts, to help this project to be more fitting or at least, explain why you feel Typhus doesn't fit in the designs.

Edited by Cyriann

I like how Red is the most level-headed person in this Thread,
most people will come up with the most weird and Bull**** reasons to defend their own concepts but Red tells it how it is.
If DE wants to change Typhus in any way.... there really isn't much we can do about it

Sadly, the fan-made Warframe movie "Tenno Outcast" which I was working on is being canceled due to obligations the artists had which took priority.

The script for the film will be released as a fan fiction or comic at a later date.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Sadly, the fan-made Warframe movie "Tenno Outcast" which I was working on is being canceled due to obligations the artists had which took priority.

The script for the film will be released as a fan fiction or comic at a later date.

Sorry to hear it did not work out as planned. I think it-s really hard to make it happen under the best of circumbstances.

Still, might still happen in one form or another some day, you never know.

Am I the only one who is getting sick of the Typhus fanboys/girls posting that it should be released? can't they promote it by like upping it? idk... getting tired of seeing Typhus threads popping up everywhere... 

the design is great and all, but just doesn't feel Warframe-ish, I like the more exoskelet looks on frames.

Oh right, like a pirate, magician, and flaming chicken totally belong.

You realize where you posted this, yes? I actually haven't seen any other Typhus dedicated threads recently(maybe I'm not looking in the right places?) only people mentioning Typhus in threads asking what they want/think will be in U16.

After all the recent frames we've had, at this point, what is "warframe-ish"? I think Typhus looks like he belongs more than most of the recent frames.

I'm going to be blunt, DE will do what they want to do, and arguing with one another won't increase or decrease the frame's chances of making it in the game. DE has the final say for what ever they choose to implement in the game.

Thanks OP for pointing this out, but sadly to say this is how the world goes in the net, people will love something or alot, then the haters will come just to upset the OP or people who enjoy it.

You realize where you posted this, yes? I actually haven't seen any other Typhus dedicated threads recently(maybe I'm not looking in the right places?) only people mentioning Typhus in threads asking what they want/think will be in U16.

After all the recent frames we've had, at this point, what is "warframe-ish"? I think Typhus looks like he belongs more than most of the recent frames.

I agree here, its up to the DE if he is implanted into the game, and granted it whuold be great for him to be in, as clearly hes not but, as lore wise I whuold assume DE whuold make him an Infested warframe, but who knows, and they did say the next warframe will be an fan-made/requested one.

and unless Im missing something, this is the only topic that has alot of votes up to have it in game, but who knows to be honest, if hes in the game that's wonderful and haters will hate.

But if hes not then. oh well, I guess, sure it make some things hit the fan but, regardless what happens no one is happy.

But I think that this warframe should be added, due to its great powers, design and all, but he needs to  work well with in-game, so that means make him an infested warframe or close to it, like the other toxic warframe, or if DE just don't care about the Lore, and that's whats beening going on lately is just, screw it and put him in.

We'll just have to wait and see for the next update or Dev stream about the update, when ever that will be 

There isn't much about Warframe lore, so that's not a card you'll want to play to justify your point. Also, please read the opening post.

If DE wants to put it into the game, they will. You are entitled to use whatever frames you want, even Typhus.  I would like it if you guys weren't acting like this was the end of the world. I find myself having to repeat this time and time again, I'm making these in my leisure. Please look at these as fun concepts. That's what they are. Concepts. Constructive Criticism is welcomed though.

There isn't much about Warframe lore, so that's not a card you'll want to play to justify your point. Also, please read the opening post.

If DE wants to put it into the game, they will. You are entitled to use whatever frames you want, even Typhus.  I would like it if you guys weren't acting like this was the end of the world. I find myself having to repeat this time and time again, I'm making these in my leisure. Please look at these as fun concepts. That's what they are. Concepts. Constructive Criticism is welcomed though.

Ok,

but random qeastion, who whuold you pefure to have an Female Typhus or male? If I remaber right there is a female one, or an design and I have to admit, shes pretty sexy and hot. She whuold be great for my Nekros.

But anyways, what do you think DE whuold do if they put him in?, change his powers, his lore or change his looks?, also I can't remaber, someone will have to point it out, but when did DE say they are going to add a fan-art warframe?