The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

OK so I didn't want to go off topic other than the 2¢ comment, you obviously didn't get the hint so here goes:

1) The fact you come up with concepts is great Red, however, like you stated you work on this in your spare time, you come up with so many ideas how is someone supposed to get a grasp of the concept?

2) With a new revision every 2-4 months (and yes its really like that) how are people from DE (if they decided to put him in game) going to pick?

3) What if they are going to put him in game and you come up with a new art while they are working on him that they like better, so they stop to make the new concept. How are they ever going to finish him if you wont pick a finalized art?

4) Instead of redrawing him every time you have an idea, why not claim it as a skin?

Towards Blaz:

As an artist I respect you, however I know exactly what a concept artist does and how the mindset works. I don't need you to keep tell me how a game maker decides their things. I've built games from the ground up, ive had to design my own concept art, ive had to pick and choose what goes into it and yes it is their game. What you aren't grasping is the fact I made a comment about how "IF" they want him in game and they are tirelessly working on him, I'd hate to be the guy who keeps having to restart the whole model because someone cant figure out what the final product is going to look like. At some point you have to stop and say this is going to be the final product and stop. Sure he can keep revising all he wants but the reality is this: look at Zephyr and Mesa, the arts were finalized months prior to their release and they are in game now. Red keeps changing the art style and overall aesthetic to the point of why bother starting him if he cant make up his mind. That's all I was stating.

I don't think you understand. the people at DE are very capable human beings. They are able to choose for themselves. And I have a very good grasp of what Typhus is, so I don't understand why you don't. His core concepts hasn't changed. Only his look which has still stayed with the theme red has for him. And the lore is the only other thing that has changed and that was only a small change. As stated again, it doesn't matter if red keeps changing the look of typhus. Because DE are professionals who will probably make changes to his design anyway. That's what concept artists do. Have you not seen how many lex prime concept arts there were before they picked the one that's in game. Concepts are always changing, this gosr for typhus as well. Edited by Senketsu_

1) The fact you come up with concepts is great Red, however, like you stated you work on this in your spare time, you come up with so many ideas how is someone supposed to get a grasp of the concept?

2) With a  new revision every 2-4 months (and yes its really like that) how are people from DE (if they decided to put him in game) going to pick?

3) What if they are going to put him in game and you come up with a new art while they are working on him that they like better, so they stop to make the new concept. How are they ever going to finish him if you wont pick a finalized art?

4) Instead of redrawing him every time you have an idea, why not claim it as a skin?

Towards Blaz:

As an artist I respect you, however I know exactly what a concept artist does and how the mindset works. I don't need you to keep tell me how a game maker decides their things. I've built games from the ground up, ive had to design my own concept art, ive had to pick and choose what goes into it and yes it is their game. What you aren't grasping is the fact I made a comment about how "IF" they want him in game and they are tirelessly working on him, I'd hate to be the guy who keeps having to restart the whole model because someone cant figure out what the final product is going to look like. At some point you have to stop and say this is going to be the final product and stop. Sure he can keep revising all he wants but the reality is this: look at Zephyr and Mesa, the arts were finalized months prior to their release and they are in game now. Red keeps changing the art style and overall aesthetic to the point of why bother starting him if he cant make up his mind. That's all I was stating.

despite claiming to be/ or have been a game artist, you fail to realize just how this all could play out..

Red is free to do whatever he wants, and DE is free to pick whichever concept they want.

you said it yourself, Red brings out a new version of Typhus every 2-4 months..

a professional team of artists can have a completed Typhus model: both 3D and Textures.. finished in around 10 days, give or take a few.

Red posted his most recent concept 4 days ago.

If you add up all the different development phases, DE could theoretically have a working Typhus Frame in 2 to 3 weeks.

When DE finally decides to start development on Typhus, they could have him ready just short of implementation weeks before Red comes up with a new Concept.

even if Red comes up with something new before the newely modeled and textured Typhus can be implemented.. DE isn't just going to scrap 2 weeks of work for that.

not only that, I am fairly certain DE would at the very least give Red a hint when they do start development. letting Red know his work is finally done (not saying he should stop when they do).

if you don't agree with ^that^ just think of this

Zephyr was supposed to be a guy and looks almost nothing like the concept.

and last but not least...

if you think Typhus' constant reworks are the only reason he hasn't been implemented yet.. then why have some of the other more stable concepts not been introduced yet?

Where is Dragon? he hasn't been changed in months, despite usually being mentioned in the same breath as Typhus whenever people talk about popular concepts...

your logic is flawed

Edited by BaIthazar

Since the argument is ALLWAYS about appearances rather than concept as a whole, allow me to kindly point out that the most important key marker of any design character; the Siluette have barely changed.

The core design that was once called Locust has gone through multiple iterations, but the main features are still there.

And I wholeheartedly agree with all points raised above me.

First off you have a full dorm of guys here fanboying over this. Second what if instead of energy you would use his armor as energy and have it so you would have to use his ablities to get more energy/Armor. I think that would be something original and awesome. It was just a thought. As think I can safely say EVERYONE WANTS THIS WARFRAME!!!!!

so who is? Inquiring minds want to know.

yes, we want to know why Typhus was not considered even though it would've fit right in with Golem...

no names were given.

but the idea behind the frame is.

an elemental frame whos element is based on the energy color you set.

unless this is some massive middle finger to this entire thread.. it ain't gonna be Typhus

no names were given.

but the idea behind the frame is.

an elemental frame whos element is based on the energy color you set.

unless this is some massive middle finger to this entire thread.. it ain't gonna be Typhus

to preserve the grand jewel that Typhus is, i'd rather it not be Typhus than have it be the middle finger...

That's all I was stating.

What you're not understanding is that its not up to him. If DE really wants it, they'll have concept art of their own. It'll be based on his original idea, but in the end, DE will be the ones to figure out what it looks like and how it functions.  From my understanding, Red isn't in constant contact with them, working on Typhus to get it in game. They're not corresponding with him to get it exactly how he envisions.

Therefore, he's not constrained by what a concept artist actually does. He doesn't have anyone working over him, checking up on his progress at frequent periods. He's doing this on his own time by his own efforts.  Red's got a passion for his idea and wants to be satisfied with it by the end.  He's doing this with a hobbyist mindset, which I hope you can understand that by the end of reading this.

Since the argument is ALLWAYS about appearances rather than concept as a whole, allow me to kindly point out that the most important key marker of any design character; the Siluette have barely changed.

The core design that was once called Locust has gone through multiple iterations, but the main features are still there.

And I wholeheartedly agree with all points raised above me.

Let me put all three concerts together.

February 9, 2014

warframe___locust_2_0_typhus___parasite_

June 17, 2014

warframe___typhus__rebirth_by_redskittle

January 23, 2015

warframe___typhus__virus_set_by_redskitt

It may look different, but his core design is still there.

Edited by RedSkittlez

despite all the changes the silhouette is still the same, all 3 look amazingly different yet are still the same at first glance..
It's also amazing how your art style has improved in just 1 year.. it's amazing

Edited by BaIthazar

Sigh, your still not grasping what my comment entails.

Red, 1) the only thing I've stated is that you're constantly changing his design. 2) You stated that last year he was done you're done working on him, so my comment stemmed from what you wrote 3) every iteration you do of him makes him more complex (which is great as a conceptual design) which in turn can hinder his ability to make it in game 4) your fan boys would cause a riot if he never made it in game and you know this.

Blaz, you also don't seem to grasp my comments. I'm not bashing him nor Typhus, hell I helped with a few ideas on it, I'm only stating he should have a "final product/idea". Yet you seem intent on misconstruing what my intention truly is. If you have a problem private message me and we can talk like adults.

Red, 1) the only thing I've stated is that you're constantly changing his design. 2) You stated that last year he was done you're done working on him, so my comment stemmed from what you wrote 3) every iteration you do of him makes him more complex (which is great as a conceptual design) which in turn can hinder his ability to make it in game 4) your fan boys would cause a riot if he never made it in game and you know this.

Blaz, you also don't seem to grasp my comments. I'm not bashing him nor Typhus, hell I helped with a few ideas on it, I'm only stating he should have a "final product/idea". Yet you seem intent on misconstruing what my intention truly is. If you have a problem private message me and we can talk like adults.

how does looking different and having an altered lore make him more complex?

I think you're just making a big fuss over nothing.

Edited by RedSkittlez

OK so I didn't want to go off topic other than the 2¢ comment, you obviously didn't get the hint so here goes:

2) With a  new revision every 2-4 months (and yes its really like that) how are people from DE (if they decided to put him in game) going to pick?

3) What if they are going to put him in game and you come up with a new art while they are working on him that they like better, so they stop to make the new concept. How are they ever going to finish him if you wont pick a finalized art?

Towards Blaz:

I think it's up to DE to choose, they may choose ones more closer to warframe, they will not always choose latest design/drawing

Red like gives them choices and it's up to DE what would be put in, if it would be skin or not, stuff like that