The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

It took Chroma two years to finally arrive. Typhus is young still. Give him time; he's got the popularity and the fan desire.

Yeah, now I'm really hesitating in adding another concept to the table : if it ever gets popular, it'd take soooooo long to be there!....

By the way, you're the dragon source!! What do you think of Chroma? :)

typhus_mios1_by_gaber111-d8nmopq.jpg

You're giving some dreams here Arch....

That's an impressive work, and thought I was thinking the head seemed a bit small before, now I see it more closely... I think I was a bit blurred at the time.

How long do you have to work for this kin of result by the way ? I imagine it taking hours upon hours but that might not be that long...

Edited by Cyriann

Well, this started as a simple 3D Bust, because Red asked me if I wanted to try it.

From then we all know how much the concept has evolved. I think it was when the last concept art was official that I descided to do a full body, with the end goal of making an animated short featuring Typhus and Baphomet.

Timewise I am not clear, on and off for the last year, I never set a deadline for it, working when I had a few minutes to spare.

I have allso learned a trick or two in that time, so I work much faster now.

Next DE must release Typhus after chroma and female frame, we need him in the game seriously

Well they did missed the chance that that Infested Alad quest becaue HEY MESA WITH A GOD DAM DOG COLLAR IS A MUCH BETTER IDEA FOR A BOSS FIGHT THAN A PARASITIC WARFRAME THAT ACTUALLY FITS THE THEME OF THE QUEST. BUT HEY! I GUESS THATS JUST CRAZY TALK!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK ALAD VE HE RUINS THE GAME EVERY TIME HIS STUPID FACE APPEARS!

the question I am asking is, in the event of a Poll for the next Fan Frame, would Typhus win?

More than likely, Dragon was pretty much the only other big contender for fans' favor and now we have a Dragon frame in Chroma. Unless it was like the thread for the weapon contest and somebody posted a mindblowingly awesome frame that a bunch of people liked, Typhus would more than likely win.

*sigh* There is one perfect situation grafted into my mind at the moment. Fan contest for a new boss followed fan contest for a new frame. Baphomet and Typhus win. Typhus drops from Baphomet. We get to fight Baphomet alongside the original Typhus as a showcase of his abilities and their possible mechanics.

Actually... now that I think about it it may not be a bad idea for an AI controlled warframe to show up and help you with the boss that drops its parts. Would be a good way of showcasing the warframe's powers in a dynamic fashion while allowing DE to ramp up the bosses ever so slightly to compensate for our little helper. I mean seriously, could you imagine being in the middle of fighting Lephantus and in drops Nekros with his release gear to help? Or you go to fight Alad V on Jupiter and Valkyr come's busting through a window if you let the fight drag out long enough.

If nothing else it would make the eventual boss fight to get Typhus that much more memorable.

Edited by Aden

By the way, you're the dragon source!! What do you think of Chroma? :)

I love what they did with him. The ability ideas and passive they implemented are so much better than what I had initially conceived; I'm glad they kept Challenge in the form of Vex Armor, though. That was pretty much the key to his tankability.

*sigh* There is one perfect situation grafted into my mind at the moment. Fan contest for a new boss followed fan contest for a new frame. Baphomet and Typhus win. Typhus drops from Baphomet. We get to fight Baphomet alongside the original Typhus as a showcase of his abilities and their possible mechanics.

Actually... now that I think about it it may not be a bad idea for an AI controlled warframe to show up and help you with the boss that drops its parts. Would be a good way of showcasing the warframe's powers in a dynamic fashion while allowing DE to ramp up the bosses ever so slightly to compensate for our little helper. I mean seriously, could you imagine being in the middle of fighting Lephantus and in drops Nekros with his release gear to help? Or you go to fight Alad V on Jupiter and Valkyr come's busting through a window if you let the fight drag out long enough.

If nothing else it would make the eventual boss fight to get Typhus that much more memorable.

Two things to say :

First, that is a great idea, showcasing the warframe in the boss fight would just permit players to have an idea of what that frame can do, and I'd they want it.

second, you should post that as a concept idea to be discussed with other players and worked on to expand it to existing boss fights with different scenarios, and why not, one or two cinematic.

I can already imagine Typhus and Baphomet clashing their swords like one old artwork I saw around here in the past...

Snip.

and why not, one or two cinematic.

I can already imagine Typhus and Baphomet clashing their swords like one old artwork I saw around here in the past...

That my friend, is my pet project. Still figuring out exactly how it will play out, but Typhus origin-story will definitely involve Baphomet.

And yes, I do hope DE make their version of Typhus one day as well as the more creatively established Baphomet.

Nice ideas, nice design, interesting powers. I say only one thing: congratulations! You must to work to DE buddy! :o

It's time to farm Typhus :D :laugh:

tumblr_lzhy1kAeci1qzqnxxo1_r1_500.gif

You're too kind and it is refreshing to see some nice people out there,

even the amount of hate e-mails I get. (Server, you knows what I'm talking about, you see them).

Edited by RedSkittlez

even the amount of hate e-mails I get. (Server, you knows what I'm talking about).

...You get hate mail? How can anyone hate you when you have S#&$ like this here? Those people clearly are jealous of how awesome you are.

Oh man, the description where the parasite feasts on a host's spine, and eventually replaces it and hijacks the host is utterly horrifying and downright gave me chills... I love it. I think you should seriously consider using that as one of Typhus' abilites, where Typhus launches a vicious and voracious parisite to bore into an enemy and make fight for the Tenno. It loses the ability to shoot and can only melee, as the sudden chage in spinal physiology would make it nigh impossible to aim and shoot effectivel, or maybe the parasite doesnt know how to shoot. But, it's melee attacks are faster and deal more damage. When the ability effect ends it deals moderate/ high damage to target. If the target is killed either by the ability or while the ability is active, it explodes in a fantastic shower of gore that sends deadly bits of armor and bone everywhere and damages nearby enamies. Maybe an augment that reduces the range of the goresplosion but has a chance to inflict a viral proc as well. Or an augment that uppon target death, it releases lots of hungry little parasites that will seek and attack different enemies and when they latch onto an enemiy, it causes some form of cc, such as slowing them down or that hilarious arm flailing boogie dance that Nyx's Pacifying Bolts do to enemies (which would actually make sense as they would have a little parasite omnoming on their spinal column). 

I'm super happy that this thread is getting so much feedback. It makes me really hopeful that DE will take a good look at this frame concept and seriously consider putting him in the game. I really like the concept of more and more health damage resulting in a deterioration of his armor that results in exposure of underlying flesh. I also think he would make a good male counterpart to Saryn, with both of them having pretty wicked concepts and very sinister powers that fall in line with the ugliness of chemical warfare and bio-weaponry.

Edited by Zer01990

even the amount of hate e-mails I get. (Server, you knows what I'm talking about).

Hate mail? Seriously?

Besides that being just low and damn secondgrade human behaviour, what the hell for?

You are one talented i bloke!

Hate mails...

That's is just stupid, people these days...

Red, I'd say you can ignore all that, you are a very good artist, and, through all I've read here, a really nice person. So imagining you just like the character you use to illustrate your state of mind, that's is simply not something you deserve.

One important thing, care for you, what the others say is to take into account but bot to change who you are.

(damn I went all mind and psychological here... Why do I never say things simple...)