The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

The Amount Of Noobness Is Too High

ErudiusNacht

Honestly. Kudos though for the (IMHO) great update, it's even advertised in Steam.

But there lies the problem; there are so many new guys swarming the game. It would have been okay if these guys took the normal route to rank themselves, but you can see a lot of rank 2's, or even rank 0's in Europa, Phobos and Eris. Even in Pluto too.

I'll say it straight, THEY ARE A LIABILITY TO THE MISSION. There.

I guess you could (still) forgive a newbie using the Life Support in Apollodorus when it's still at 95%, but come on, I just went to Valefor with two Rank 2's and a Rank 0. I mean, I'm not trying to be condescending here, but what is a Lato going to do to a Level 17 Heavy Gunner? They didn't even once, ONCE, use any of their abilities.

I'm starting to think we need to XP lock the planets, just like with the weapons. This way, we're guaranteed they would (I assume) have been in the game long enough to contribute appropriately to a mission. Either that or add a Rank filter to the matchmaking options.

I like the Idea of a XP lock.  Unless taxi'd but if taxi'd they can get the award but have hte planet still locked until they reach required xp

Crap I take that back.  Rank doesn't matter to me. IF their frame is worthy of the level :D

Edited by YxPhoenixY

I think I met a rank 2 on Outer Terminus once. This is ridiculous. It's really annoying when I go on Cassini since it's one of my favourite missions. It's on Saturn, pretty much in the middle of the solar map and the players I see the most there are rank 0, rank 1 and rank 2, meaning I can hardly get a proper run there usually. A lot of them have no idea what they're even doing, constantly wasting air supplies and wasting time on their own in rooms where the enemies are swarming from, just to see them fall on the ground. How does one get there at rank 0, damn it?! I mean I know how, but... there are some that actually know what they're doing and I don't mind playing with them and helping them, but most of them?! Ugh, this needs to stop. Hell, there was even a guy that messaged me seeing my post in recruiting that expected me to get him to ODD and he barely started the game. People seem to feel the need to blast through the entire map in like a day or something without trying to get on the level that is needed for the later planets.

Edited by Drakenreiter

I had a frustrating Infested Mobile Def on Mars. A Rank 1 Excal with Sobek and Dual Heat stands away safely while I, a Rhino with a Latron Prime rank15 trying to rank it up, was forced to use Stomp in order to clear off the infested since they were swarming too much.

Did he try to attack? OH yes... YES... sure... Jump attack with Dual Heat DOES HELP A LOT!

Honestly. Kudos though for the (IMHO) great update, it's even advertised in Steam.

But there lies the problem; there are so many new guys swarming the game. It would have been okay if these guys took the normal route to rank themselves, but you can see a lot of rank 2's, or even rank 0's in Europa, Phobos and Eris. Even in Pluto too.

I'll say it straight, THEY ARE A LIABILITY TO THE MISSION. There.

I guess you could (still) forgive a newbie using the Life Support in Apollodorus when it's still at 95%, but come on, I just went to Valefor with two Rank 2's and a Rank 0. I mean, I'm not trying to be condescending here, but what is a Lato going to do to a Level 17 Heavy Gunner? They didn't even once, ONCE, use any of their abilities.

I'm starting to think we need to XP lock the planets, just like with the weapons. This way, we're guaranteed they would (I assume) have been in the game long enough to contribute appropriately to a mission. Either that or add a Rank filter to the matchmaking options.

I would like to see "a Rank filter to the matchmaking options".

The issue is 24 hours between mastery tests. Me and my friends started playing thursday and are already 5 planets in but onle rank 1-2 because of 24 hour cooldown on mastery.

I get that, and there's a reason for that 24 hour cooldown. It's mainly to ensure tests are not abused and that players are well prepared before taking the next exam.

What's wrong here is that many Rank 2 and below players (I'm not generalizing all of them there), are unprepared to go against mid-level to end level planets, not to mention in the Void and Derelicts. Many powerful weapons are XP locked, and Research weapons are the same. You don't see us older players using most of the market available weapons since they're not really viable at the end. It's all part of the game progression.

It actually bothers me that you mentioned that you are 5 planets in. IMHO, new players should familiarize themselves with the game mechanics before heading in further. I'm not telling you what to do, but please have the game etiquette to ask around first before trying to blast yourself further into harder missions. Some people are actually invested in the game, especially people who pay good money for their additional gear and perks, and uninformed gameplay disrupts the gaming experience overall.

Please do not hesitate to ask for help in the forums, there's actually a section designated for helping players. There is also a Wikipedia (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki) to help out on checking your stuff. We oldies aren't actually that bad, we just wanna keep the game great for everybody.

Congratz, I did a similar post and I was bached with hate, critics and ppl trolling me.

Guess your post is more well written that what I sketched up.

All this problems are created with taxi rides because of invasions/infestations/alerts,

nowadays 9 in 10 games, matchmaking always gifts me with a full team of noobs.

I had a frustrating Infested Mobile Def on Mars. A Rank 1 Excal with Sobek and Dual Heat stands away safely while I, a Rhino with a Latron Prime rank15 trying to rank it up, was forced to use Stomp in order to clear off the infested since they were swarming too much.

Did he try to attack? OH yes... YES... sure... Jump attack with Dual Heat DOES HELP A LOT!

just that? lol thats cute.

Infestation in neptune, mobile defence, me + rank1 + rank 0 + rank 1

We actually did 2 console defenses, at the 3rd they all died at the same time and the console was being hit by a swarming of infested.

Mission lost, even I all alone couldn't stop the overflow of enemies attacking at the same time.

Old MMO rule: He who complains about low level people on his team should not be PUGing.

Post of the day.

If the lowbies are truly a liability, let them die and don't waste your time ressing them. They'll get the hint soon enough.

Having low ranked pubbies on your team makes for more of a challenge, imo. Not that there aren't plenty of awful higher ranked players too.

pffff... Lets make tutorial how to use recruiting channel and play with preset teams, shall we?

Really, thats what u sing up if u play in online mode, stop whining.

Good luck with the Strict NAT and Network Problems. Also, some people actually like to play without any commitments to other players or are unfortunate enough not to have friends/clanmates online.

Post of the day.

If the lowbies are truly a liability, let them die and don't waste your time ressing them. They'll get the hint soon enough.

Having low ranked pubbies on your team makes for more of a challenge, imo. Not that there aren't plenty of awful higher ranked players too.

As a gamer, I'm not like that. In my defense, I try to help and chat them up on what to do.  I really track my success rate, and if you check my in-game profile, I only have 2 missions aborted (1 when I was new, 1 as an accident). Unfortunately, some really don't listen.

Unfortunately also, I'm Rank 14 Conclave 2000+. I love challenges, believe me, but I hate facepalming stress from improper gameplay.

1) Select solo mode, Private, or invite only

2) Start mission that is desired

3) ??????

4) Profit!

Yeaahhh, I don't think you can go on Xini up to wave 20+ alone. Outer Terminus much less.

Edited by ErudiusNacht

1) Select solo mode, Private, or invite only

2) Start mission that is desired

3) ??????

4) Profit!

Please stop, everybody replies that, don't you think ppl know solo exists? Isn't the game meant and better played on team?

Used to be :P

I made my own thread about this issue. A mastery rank block would be effective, if mastery has been revised to be skill/progression (on the map) based, not based on how many weapons/frames have been leveled. Then again, people sometimes enter missions with S#&$ty weapons intentionally, so it won't completely solve the problem.

Another thing that can be done is to simply make it so that players can taxi you anywhere in game, but the node won't be unlocked for you if you choose this option. Sure, lots of people will be begging for taxis in Recruiting but let's be frank they need to stop being so damn lazy and work on clearing the map. (At least a good chunk of it.)

As a gamer, I'm not like that. In my defense, I try to help and chat them up on what to do.  I really track my success rate, and if you check my in-game profile, I only have 2 missions aborted (1 when I was new, 1 as an accident). Unfortunately, some really don't listen.

Unfortunately also, I'm Rank 14 Conclave 2000+. I love challenges, believe me, but I hate facepalming stress from improper gameplay.

The stress is all in your mind. If in you're in Xini with low ranked players, just carry them to 5 or 10. Or if it really stresses you out, leave the game and go do a mission somewhere else.

If you truly expect pubbie groups to all be your level with your same goals, you're always going to be stressed. There's nothing DE can do to help you.

If you really want people at your same level with same goals, they have clans and the recruiting channel. Otherwise you're rolling the dice. You have the tools at your disposal to solve this problem of yours. It's your choice not to use them.

As a rank 15 player, I appreciate the challenge of carrying low rank pubbies thru high level stuff. And yes, sometimes we fail. But the challenge is still fun. Failing is part of life.

I get that, and there's a reason for that 24 hour cooldown. It's mainly to ensure tests are not abused and that players are well prepared before taking the next exam.

What's wrong here is that many Rank 2 and below players (I'm not generalizing all of them there), are unprepared to go against mid-level to end level planets, not to mention in the Void and Derelicts. Many powerful weapons are XP locked, and Research weapons are the same. You don't see us older players using most of the market available weapons since they're not really viable at the end. It's all part of the game progression.

It actually bothers me that you mentioned that you are 5 planets in. IMHO, new players should familiarize themselves with the game mechanics before heading in further. I'm not telling you what to do, but please have the game etiquette to ask around first before trying to blast yourself further into harder missions. Some people are actually invested in the game, especially people who pay good money for their additional gear and perks, and uninformed gameplay disrupts the gaming experience overall.

Please do not hesitate to ask for help in the forums, there's actually a section designated for helping players. There is also a Wikipedia (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki) to help out on checking your stuff. We oldies aren't actually that bad, we just wanna keep the game great for everybody.

You have a point, but it is also true that its our responsability was older players, to help new players, and calling them noobs its a bad start and the worst example that we can give them, being this game all about mods and very little skill involved, being tolerant should be a must when playing Pugs.

Being a Rank 14 player yourself, im very suprised by your words, tell me, wich market weapons arent viable for end content? It doesnt matter wich weapon you are holding, using almost the same build in all, you achieve the same result without issues, you still have one more powerfull than others, but all work in any part of the game when using similar builds.

The only weapons I didnt formed yet, here Stug, Ogris, Torid and Penta, mostly bc I dont like the gameplay, but its easy to see they are powerfull, so I use any other when im playing High, Mid, Low, OD or Void.

Just bc some people think they are crap, doesnt make it a fact, its shame that there only few players that actually play with them, and some weapons may even suprise you if give it a chance.