The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid

Whitewolf..UK..

Question

14 answers to this question

Acrid is very usable. everyone says it sucks because it doesn't have 999,999,999 DPS. but it certainly has a purpose. 

now, that being said, it's Status Chance feels a bit low for a clantech Weapon. but other than that i think Acrid serves the purpose that the Weapon exists for. backloaded Damage. 

however, the last i knew, the DoT ticks on Acrid were broken, i don't know if that was ever mended.

Acrid is very usable. everyone says it sucks because it doesn't have 999,999,999 DPS. but it certainly has a purpose.

now, that being said, it's Status Chance feels a bit low for a clantech Weapon. but other than that i think Acrid serves the purpose that the Weapon exists for. backloaded Damage.

however, the last i knew, the DoT ticks on Acrid were broken, i don't know if that was ever mended.

The DoT ticks are broken. So it doesn't serve that purpose. It actually does suck very much. It's slightly better than a Lato but much worse than a Bolto.

People don't like it because it's no longer the easymode gun it used to be, but I find that it's still effective and fun.Mod it for Viral damage, and the 100% poison proc will make short work of most things.

Afraid not - the toxin hits for single digit ticks, and the status chance is 10%, making it subpar at delivering viral procs. Currently the Acrid is a very poor choice for killing things.

Edited by xveganrox

I had an Acrid, never did do much with it before 2.0 hit, and frankly, since 2.0, I find other weapons are more useful to me. So me, I sold mine. Other weapons out there perform better. Aklex, Akmagnus, standard Magnus, Twin Gremlins, Akstilletos... But not the Ballista. That's like Lvl 22 and I still find it to be garbage too.

Still only does 1% of total damage as poison per tick,instead of 50% of total damage as it used to be. DE doesn't seem to care tho.

Yeah. I just went through and played weapons I haven't played in a while. When I played them back in Beta 8,9 etc they seemed great. Now they seem almost useless. Not just the Acrid either, I hate the way they changed the system, hopefully enough outcry will swing the DE.

Still only does 1% of total damage as poison per tick,instead of 50% of total damage as it used to be. DE doesn't seem to care tho.

I literally just tested this today.

It does 25% total per tick, but only 25% of the element with toxin in it. If you combine 2 different elements (etc corrosive and cold) it will only deal 25% of the corrosive damage.

Seems to tick 9 times overall.

This thing absolutely destroys Corpus when modded with pure +150% toxin.

Pretty damn effective against Grineer with pure viral or corrosive. Not as effective with Rad, as the rad wont tick.

Edited by Darzk