Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Costs

Sumnus

The costs for producing the parts for Zephyr individually for myself are equal to the cost of researching it as a clan of 100. I understand that given the current drop rate of Oxium that's a couple of hours of farming. Which normally wouldn't be too big of a deal. But given there's only one unit, from one faction that drops it...and add that to the fact that it was behind a grind wall of that same resource to research it (which was several thousand to begin with, before the parts), on top of a 6 day wait for no reason other than trying to get people to buy it with platinum, it's pretty much BS. This is the worst frame release you've had to date, and it's disappointing.

Why is your clan size at 100 if it's just you? I'm in a small clan, me and like 2 other people, got the research done in like...a day. Your problem is pretty much you having to do all the work because none of your clan mates can get off their rump to help you, in that case it is your clans fault not DE's.

Why is your clan size at 100 if it's just you? I'm in a small clan, me and like 2 other people, got the research done in like...a day. Your problem is pretty much you having to do all the work because none of your clan mates can get off their rump to help you, in that case it is your clans fault not DE's.

He's talking about the BP, not the research. Out of curiousity, how much oxium do you need to build zephyr? I talked to someone else who's in a clan of 3 people, and they needed 60 total, while I'm in a clan of ~25 or so, and I need 600 total.

The costs for producing the parts for Zephyr individually for myself are equal to the cost of researching it as a clan of 100. I understand that given the current drop rate of Oxium that's a couple of hours of farming. Which normally wouldn't be too big of a deal. But given there's only one unit, from one faction that drops it...and add that to the fact that it was behind a grind wall of that same resource to research it (which was several thousand to begin with, before the parts), on top of a 6 day wait for no reason other than trying to get people to buy it with platinum, it's pretty much BS. This is the worst frame release you've had to date, and it's disappointing.

It's a couple of hours of farming if you go to Kappa... if you're like me, a solo player who loathes defense missions, it turns into a couple of months to gather 600 Oxium for that crap. Which I'm definitely not buying with plat anyway, just out of spite.

Did you build barracks for a larger clan?

Research for a the smallest clan can be done quick by doing a few Mobile Defense missions.

It's a couple of hours of farming if you go to Kappa... if you're like me, a solo player who loathes defense missions, it turns into a couple of months to gather 600 Oxium for that crap. Which I'm definitely not buying with plat anyway, just out of spite.

That would be your own personal problem, nothing to do with DEs design of the game or its mechanics.

The research takes 3 days for the main bp, 3 hours for the other 3 pieces, and another 3 for it all to build up. It's annoying.

I just find it absolutely stupid to make resources drop from one specific enemy.

I'd dare say that's comparable to crafting Volt with Retribution, since mods are also enemy specific.

Just make oxium a regular resource like plastids or something, for cryin out loud.

Research (Ghost clan) is gonna be done tomorrow and I already have all the mats required to make all the pieces. #RealHard.

Still less time than making a legendary in GW2.

Just sayin', y'all ran 100 invasions during the Gradivus Dilemma, but refuse to run Kappa 25~ times? Comon man!

Im not here to complain about research costs, as they are reasonable. I AM here to complain about build costs. It costs 200 Oxium for the helmet, systems, and chasis making for a total of 600 Oxium for an individual to build the zephyr. This makes making the zephyr a pipe dream for an individual. I make, on average, 2-6 Oxium per run against the Corpus, and that is IF an Oxium Osprey even shows up. At the rate that Oxium drops, it will be weeks of grinding (because i have a life at college and cant grind all day) in order to just build the parts to zephyr.

In short, I want zephyr, but am incredibly pissed off at how difficult and time consuming it is to make zephyr. I would recommend DE make Oxium drop in batches of 5-10, or decrease the costs of building the parts.

If this game were PVP like MWO, I would believe that DE has decided to make the game pay to win, and would stop playing.

600 Oxium cost for the parts is ridiculous.  If the average Kappa run nets you 30 Oxium and each run is 15 minutes that would take 5 hours of grinding.  I would feel differently if Kappa also dropped worthy resources.  It's too bad that you can't grind out Oxium from Kiste.  Then you could get Orokin Cells and Oxium.  That would kill two birds with one stone.

As it stands I've written Zephyr off.  I'm not going to waste 5 hours just to get one warframe.  If they lowered the cost to something more reasonable like 200 I'd probably go for it.  600 is way out of reach though.

Edited by MinimumGTP

600 Oxium cost for the parts is ridiculous.  If the average Kappa run nets you 30 Oxium and each run is 15 minutes that would take 5 hours of grinding.  I would feel differently if Kappa also dropped worthy resources.  It's too bad that you can't grind out Oxium from Kiste.  Then you could get Orokin Cells and Oxium.  That would kill two birds with one stone.

As it stands I've written Zephyr off.  I'm not going to waste 5 hours just to get one warframe.  If they lowered the cost to something more reasonable like 200 I'd probably go for it.  600 is way out of reach though.

ya you will not waste 5 hours getting a frame but will waste 10+ hours playing this game doing what knows what this week right?

Dude 5 hours is barely a dent if you stretch it out in week. There is no time limit on when Zephyr is available. She will be here tomorrow, next week, next month and years to come. Don't understand whats this gotta have it now mentality.

Edited by birdei

ya you will not waste 5 hours getting a frame but will waste 10+ hours playing this game doing what knows what this week right?

Dude 5 hours is barely a dent if you stretch it out in week. There is no time limit on when Zephyr is available. She will be here tomorrow, next week, next month and years to come. Don't understand whats this gotta have it now mentality.

Between college and work I only have so much time to play.  I don't want to spend that time grinding the same mission over and over.

A few quick tips that I found helpful when grinding for Oxium in Kappa. Mind you, I also did this solo, and I used these tips to grind enough for myself and my entire clan (mind you, I work full-time and have other concerns too - this process took me a total of four hours, spread out over two days):

- You need a weapon that can put out lots of damage in a very short amount of time to make sure to bring down any Oxium Ospreys you see, so they don't self-destruct to spite you. The Latron Prime, a good shotgun, the Soma, or other similar weapons that can cough up large amounts of damage quickly are all good choices. If you can, aim for the top of the head of the Oxium Osprey, as it seems to be the weak point.

- For elemental mod combinations, base Electrical gives a +50% bonus against Robots (including the Oxium Ospreys), Radiation gives +25%. Magnetic is a good overall choice if you're having any trouble killing the other enemies (especially at the Artifact Defend point), but if not, I'd suggest sticking with Electricity.

- You don't really need a fast Warframe for this, just one that works well against Corpus, and Corpus Robots in particular. Mag and Volt are good options for this, as is Rhino to properly stun Oxium Ospreys when they show up.

With those tips, I got 20-50 per run on Kappa - and I'd imagine you could get a higher average than that with a good team.

Edited by rhoenix

A few quick tips that I found helpful when grinding for Oxium in Kappa. Mind you, I also did this solo,

Would you please tell me then, how you keep the pod from being destroyed while playing solo? Because that is the very reason I hate defense missions with a passion hotter than the Sun. I simply can't kill dozens upon dozens of enemies that come from everywhere faster than they kill the pod.

EDIT: Forget it. No more Mr. nice guy, I'm taking out my Nova and my Soma. Game over.

Edited by Guest

Would you please tell me then, how you keep the pod from being destroyed while playing solo? Because that is the very reason I hate defense missions with a passion hotter than the Sun. I simply can't kill dozens upon dozens of enemies that come from everywhere faster than they kill the pod.

EDIT: Forget it. No more Mr. nice guy, I'm taking out my Nova and my Soma.

Heh. Nova can work, but her squishiness can be just as much a detriment as other frames' crowd control skills.

I used either a Mag or a Rhino on all my runs, switching back and forth for variety, but used a Latron Prime. With Mag, her Pull skill nicely damages or kills the enemies you don't care about, and can momentarily stun the Oxium Ospreys - fun. Crush is great for crowd control, but if any Oxium Ospreys are affected, they'll do their kamikaze impression immediately afterward.

With Rhino, make sure you have Streamline, or use a combination of mods to otherwise reduce energy cost for Stomp. I didn't use Stomp at all until the cryopod part, and that's when I used it often.

Using the new Phage shotgun also works nicely, though you'll have to spec it out for Radiation or straight Electric for the Oxium Ospreys. If you do though, it's variable spread works very nicely in many places in Kappa.

Heh. Nova can work, but her squishiness can be just as much a detriment as other frames' crowd control skills.

I used either a Mag or a Rhino on all my runs, switching back and forth for variety, but used a Latron Prime. With Mag, her Pull skill nicely damages or kills the enemies you don't care about, and can momentarily stun the Oxium Ospreys - fun. Crush is great for crowd control, but if any Oxium Ospreys are affected, they'll do their kamikaze impression immediately afterward.

With Rhino, make sure you have Streamline, or use a combination of mods to otherwise reduce energy cost for Stomp. I didn't use Stomp at all until the cryopod part, and that's when I used it often.

Using the new Phage shotgun also works nicely, though you'll have to spec it out for Radiation or straight Electric for the Oxium Ospreys. If you do though, it's variable spread works very nicely in many places in Kappa.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about Nova because her ult has the two things I need: it halves the incoming dps and helps me clear the room. As for her squishiness, it shouldn't be too much of an issue in the cryopod part... I mean, the enemy is most certainly not aiming at me!

EDIT: It was a breeze. With my Nova modded for energy and efficiency and Carrier sucking up the energy pickups, they couldn't even take the pod's shields off: as soon as I saw a dozen red dots on the map, I cleared the room. However, the spawns were not nearly as good as I'd have expected. Only one Oxium Osprey blew up against me and I still only got 14 Oxium... might be just bad luck, will try again. It is still much better than the 2-3 I was getting before.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about Nova because her ult has the two things I need: it halves the incoming dps and helps me clear the room. As for her squishiness, it shouldn't be too much of an issue in the cryopod part... I mean, the enemy is most certainly not aiming at me!

EDIT: It was a breeze. With my Nova modded for energy and efficiency and Carrier sucking up the energy pickups, they couldn't even take the pod's shields off: as soon as I saw a dozen red dots on the map, I cleared the room. However, the spawns were not nearly as good as I'd have expected. Only one Oxium Osprey blew up against me and I still only got 14 Oxium... might be just bad luck, will try again. It is still much better than the 2-3 I was getting before.

Nice! That's still a large improvement. I'd suggest just experimenting with each run until you find a good combination for how you play - that's pretty much all I did, to add some variety to each run. You'll get to an average of 20-30 per run soon enough.

Nice! That's still a large improvement. I'd suggest just experimenting with each run until you find a good combination for how you play - that's pretty much all I did, to add some variety to each run. You'll get to an average of 20-30 per run soon enough.

Second run net me 34. I might just be getting somewhere haha!

I also noticed that the Despairs I always carry around in case the Stalker shows up are quite good for taking down the Oxium Ospreys too, probably thanks to the Puncture, the Radiation combo I had incidentally put in them, and their high firing speed.

Still, it feels sort of cheap using Nova to clear the room again and again. Which is why I keep her stashed away and use the more neglected frames, which I also need to level up for mastery anyway. But in a situation like this it's not like I have much choice but to go all out, now do I? XD

Much thanks for all the help and good will!

Second run net me 34. I might just be getting somewhere haha!

I also noticed that the Despairs I always carry around in case the Stalker shows up are quite good for taking down the Oxium Ospreys too, probably thanks to the Puncture, the Radiation combo I had incidentally put in them, and their high firing speed.

Still, it feels sort of cheap using Nova to clear the room again and again. Which is why I keep her stashed away and use the more neglected frames, which I also need to level up for mastery anyway. But in a situation like this it's not like I have much choice but to go all out, now do I? XD

Much thanks for all the help and good will!

No problem in the least. 34 sounds much better for your second try - if you have Rhino, Volt, or Mag, those are all good alternatives to Nova in this case.

Just fine-tine your build and your choices a little each run, and you'll get them done faster, and with more Oxium per run soon enough.