Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Warframe Aesthetic Feedback

Xcentric

I object to be called a thick wall, maybe a firm, slightly pudgy wall but I'm not thick. Anyway, jokes aside... now that I've managed to free up a bit more time, I'll be perusing this forums for character and weapon-related feedback, taking notes and bringing them back to the artists. I can't make any guarantees that everything will be changed, or when changes will happen, but I can make sure that you are heard! 

Please tell the artists to not give Rhino prime Mag prime her face.. ROFL

Yes thanks please at least check out the nyx threads including mine, her skills need some updating :https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/179168-hey-de-nyx-needs-some-move-now-3/

I probably should have clarified myself a little better. I deal more with the art-side of Warframe, so if there's something that looks wrong or out of place, then I can act on it. Balance issues are more within Grineeer's domain, I'll send him the link to your post, but I would be surprised if he hasn't seen it or a similar thread already. 

Could you make the phage idle have the claws pointing forwards rather than outwards? Nevermind thats a silly idea. Oh! Can you fix nova's immortal skin to have the jets on the back still have animation?

This should be fixed already, but it may have missed the patch this week. I'll follow it up and get it out in next week's.

To me she looks like a bit of turtle. This is especially prevalent on any of her helmets, take the standard one for example, it looks exactly like turtle's head. I think it's quite cute though. She does have a little baby bump on her stomach though, like Alma from Fear it creeps me out every time I see it. But overall I like her look, she looks like she's ready to Disco at any moment with those boots and leggings lol.

I think Nova is dangerously cute. She has sweet innocent look to her that just makes you laugh when she explodes everything with her molecular prime ;)

This.

Nova is certainly the most "cute" frame, which was probably intended. I think it's a mix of having the smallest breasts, a beer belly, and a "simple" look, with less protrusions and ornaments than most frames. In some ways, her appearance makes her stand out as out of place in the middle of a Grineer ship or asteroid, like she wasn't exactly made for combat. It felt kinda weird when I was ranking her up the first time, like I was playing with something fragile.

Of course, that was until I put Molecular Prime on her. Then I started seeing her as a true war machine.

I probably should have clarified myself a little better. I deal more with the art-side of Warframe, so if there's something that looks wrong or out of place, then I can act on it. Balance issues are more within Grineeer's domain, I'll send him the link to your post, but I would be surprised if he hasn't seen it or a similar thread already. 

Alright no problem , thanks for the response :)

I'm not really sure any frames are ugly really, they just conform to a different standard of beauty than we are used to.

Hell, they all have their "oh by god, what the heck was he thinking?!?!?" design points, but it sort of adds to their character.

Except for Bean Sí's shoes, oh my god, they really do look funky bad.

Edit, wow, been speaking gaelige to my mum, I ment Banshee :P

Edited by Keltik0ne

not too big on nova, she basically jsut has the one main color and that somewhat smooth texture. the coils on her back are pretty cool, and the bell bottoms are stylin, but she doesn't have anything interesting going for her, in my opinion. not that there's anything wrong with simple. she's the petite one, and her design mimics her glass-cannon role

anyhow, mag "cyclops" prime has some issues, unfortunately. mainly it's just her helmet in terms of design. the rest is fine, all the gold trim and levitating bits (way cooler than dangly bits). mag's immortal skin removes most if not all the gold trim, and although I like the ability to customize the colors of the magnets on her arms, the coils around her arms take the same color as her arms themselves, so it just doesn't look good

Nova looks like a 14 year old in tight latex D:

*cough* anyway... All frames have something weird about them, or that little detail that just looks weird. An example would be Trinity, (The real Paladin btw) she has that back peace that looks way out of place. every time I see it it makes me wonder what purpose that thing has on her Frame.

Oh, and I <3 the crazy cat frame. me wants more alt helms!

There is a lot of uglier Warframes then Nova (she looks fine to me, but I dont like her, she is boring cheater frame). For me Loki is ugliest. Thing that i dont understand is why every Warframe has some ugly element (Excalibur has something like horn or big noise; Ash has something like fangs etc) all these frames would be perfect without these completly redundant elements.

Edited by Asko

nova looks alright imo, but banshee doesnt. so everyone likes sth diffrent, i dont think it's wrong to change some models but it would also be fine if there wont be any changes at all. every warframe looks special and i like it that way.

whats up with banshee. she looks so weird, that shoulder and the feet, also the ALIEN like helmet. D:

some people like the look, some dont. then just play a different warframe if you dont like him/her.

Edited by battlehotdog

I object to be called a thick wall, maybe a firm, slightly pudgy wall but I'm not thick. Anyway, jokes aside... now that I've managed to free up a bit more time, I'll be perusing this forums for character and weapon-related feedback, taking notes and bringing them back to the artists. I can't make any guarantees that everything will be changed, or when changes will happen, but I can make sure that you are heard! 

that a really good starting point :)

thanks