The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Easily Improve Ember's Fireblast

Fijasrules

I believe that Ember's Fireblast is her most lackluster ability. It creates a ring of fire that is static. This is "decent" for defense but only provides as much protection as the damage and the chance of proc'ing fire provides. 

The new Fire Leaders have a kind of flame wave attack that starts at their feet and moves outward and knocks back anything in its path and proc's fire every time from my experience.

If Ember had this ability this initial flame wave added to her Fireblast would give her Fireblast good cc and high burst damage and also lasting damage.

If the FX was toned down a little and the ground it crosses starts to burn for the duration of the ability this would improve Ember's kit. This new ability would allow her to protect her team from being swarmed and allows her to protect an area which none of her other abilities really allow. (WoF is multiple target burst but not an area its a target burst much different) 

• 4 weeks later...

If this were to happen then i'll love ember even more XD. Fireblast as of now really doesn't do much unless you're in and ODD mission. It would be nice to have a CC skill like the fire leaders have plus that nice fire animation :D

why did the fire leaders get a nicer skill than our very own ember?

based from the recent series of weird uncalled-for nerfs but DE considers "Buffs"

really makes a guy wonder if DE even plays their own game :\

no offence DE, you still rock !!!

Edited by H.Katsura_999

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't this basically be fusing Accelerant and Fireblast into a single thing?

Not really. Accelarant is just a damage multiplier for fire damage, that shortly stuns all affected enemies.

This suggestion is, to add Sargas Ruk's and the fire leader's ability to Fireblast, so you have an initial wave of fire that knocks back all enemies around you. So Fireblast would get two stages

• a wave of fire, that knocks back surrounding enemies
  • a ring of fire, that damages all enemies who enter it.

I think, this would be a great addition, because it allows Ember to get some space, if she gets swarmed, wants to revive downed allies or keep enemies away from the defense target. You could also use it, to push enemies down a corridor, into a teammates ability, for example.

Edited by Bibliothekar