Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phage

fuzzypurplbacon

?

I think they mean pressing it turns it on until you press it again.

I'm okay with this idea but it would really drain ammo.

No.

Why? The same reason why we won't have this option for Braton, Gorgon, Supra, Boar, Furis...

What are those reasons? Is it you can hold the button? 

Edited by Verryn

It just does not match. Sorry, but I never saw system like that in any game. Continous weapons are made to hold the button, full-auto weapons are made to hold the button, semi-auto weapons are made to tap the button. Let's not change that.

I don't see why we couldn't have a "toggle fire" button. Make it separate from the regular mouse click shot, though. Also, can't you do that with macros already?

I am not asking to change the game's firing mechanics, I am asking for the option to toggle fire client side.

Let's say the phage has 40 rounds and it fires one round every second, instead of holding the mouse button down for 40 seconds I could just click the fire button to toggle it on and off.

I don't see why we couldn't have a "toggle fire" button. Make it separate from the regular mouse click shot, though. Also, can't you do that with macros already?

The G 500 mouse software allows for key macros of which I have not been successful in programming toggle click. The macro software only allows me the choice of these four options: delay, mouse click and mouse click down and mouse click up. I input these commands in this order, mouse click down delay 5 seconds mouse click up, this works but also causes me to not be able to release mouse click down until the macros finished. What this means is if your character ceases fire at any point during the macro you will not be will restart the macro or shoot until the delay timer has finished. So if you have your delay set to 40 seconds which is the magazine size of the phage and your character reloads or falls enough distance to roll you will not be able to restart firing until 40 seconds is up.

It just does not match. Sorry, but I never saw system like that in any game. Continous weapons are made to hold the button, full-auto weapons are made to hold the button, semi-auto weapons are made to tap the button. Let's not change that.

Indeed, having lots of variety in the way weapons work to differentiate them is a terrible idea, lets not rock the boat with innovation.

I'd much rather have a Pre focus button, So I don't waste that 2 units of Ammo focusing into my Awesome-Hentai-Tickle-Rape-Laser.

It wouldn't be hard to have the 'Aim-key' focus the beam independent of whether or not the 'fire-key' was pressed. 

I think they mean pressing it turns it on until you press it again.

I'm okay with this idea but it would really drain ammo.

A click-on, click-off firing mechanic would fit phage. It would only alleviative the act of holding down the fire-key for dozens of seconds.

Edited by LazyKnight