Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Never Understood Why People Say Loki Needs His Speed

Brainsworth

Alright I have always had Loki and I will admit I do love him but I never could wrap my head around why people say he needs his speed cause that is what makes him great. It does not make any sense to me because I can just cloak myself and walk through entire levels with out detection from enemys and wipe them out that way and if I get into trouble I can use my decoy or my disarm for lawls. His speed is nice to have I will admit that but whens it comes down to who Loki is you really do not need his speed to use him. Heck you could bring his speed down 1.15 and he still be the trickster of the map. Before people jump all over me about the speed go play a frame with the same speed of 1.15 and they are still quite fast. Lastly this is my opinion and ask people respect that instead of raging at me for my opinion and everyone is entitled to there opinion.

He won't lose his trickster abilities, of course. It's just a matter of how his speed actually compliments his playstyle. By being fast like he is, when invisible he can either escape or get close to enemies much faster than most frames. Not sure if he NEEDS the speed, but it sure is a good addition to his arsenal IMO.

Whether he needs it or not, it's one of the main fun factor that people find on Loki, so that's a good point to have.

You don't ''need'' speed for loki. You also don't "need" any mods.

Speed makes you better at avoiding damage and is compensation for low shields, health, and armor. You can take it or leave it but it's not a necessary advantage like all mods.

Edited by sewens

Problem with Loki is that you have to move around if you want to survive. Melee on toxics over level 90 is half suicide, and if you are kissed by anything that can drain energy you are pretty doomed.

I dont use Vitality on my Loki and i dont rely on Invisibility that much because i tend to use Loki for RD. Having 213 health on level 30 isnt much, and every attack that bypasses your shields is almost certain death.

Edited by RoboDoge

People say that he needs his speed due to those times when he isn't in invis. Survivability via never being hit due to running around the map like a chicken it's head cut off is very popular.

This is true however you can mod him to the point he never runs out of energy or his cloak it last a long time this goes for his decoy etc. All you need is continuity  and constitution and your in business for his cloak and decoy. Lets add on flow,Streamline and Energy Syphon. Then lets work on his low shields and health ok so lets add Vigor and redirection and with this build his last two abilitys are still useful.

Edited by Tailsy

Loki, as a team player, is all about creating slight distractions to help alleviate fire off the rest of the team, whilst you melee them with your stealth bonus damage. Loki's only move to get into CQC is his "Switch Teleport" when used on a crowd of enemies, but since none of the enemies are targeting you, a lot of them are moving around constantly and can be annoying to chase and beat down. If your not fast, you will need to resort to using weapons that have a large aoe knockdown on their jump attacks, and use CC to stop them, which is good for the team anyway, but for max DPS with Loki, you'll probably be doing heavy charge attacks, or light charge attacks. Loki can excel with weapons like Dakra Prime where you can just run around swinging wildly, but you'll run out of stamina and not catch up with infested if you do that, so it's situational I guess. melee characters like Ash and Loki need some movement speed to be effective in melee, otherwise, just stick to your guns.

(IMO, if you primarily use guns, Loki is only gonna benefit you when your rushing through an objective that doesn't require you to kill or protect, and he might be nice in Survival until later waves, but you'll be risking too much if your trying to kill everything for extra life support. In most regards, Loki is extremely specialized, and is not as effective in certain mission types. Having a fast Loki makes him excel at his specialty more, rushing certain objectives.)

Edited by Temphis

Try not using Invisibility. He goes down so fast and him being slow and taking more hits won't help him.

His cloak is his edge in the first place along with his other ability and he suffers for it by loosing his shield and health but keep in his mind he has a armor of 60 not 15 like most squishy frames. I have tired not useing his cloak at all with my build and I can still survive fine cause he still has his decoy and his lawl look you dropped your weapons and when it comes to running I do not need that extra speed i think he is fast as it is and I agree he is a team player

Edited by Tailsy

GTG FST

Got to go Fist?

Yet looking at Mass Destruction warframe called Nova with 1.20 Speed (2nd fastest right behind Loki), and that she have Wormhole which allows her to skip a lot of distance...

hmmm

Seems legit to me...

Compared to her kit potential

Ok.

Nova has damage, damage, movement, and damage.

Loki has Defense, Defense, Utility, and Utility.

Seems fine to me.

Edited by Archistopheles

I main Loki, even when he is not exactly the tankiest frame around. Why? Because I can quickly jump behind/between/from cover when the going gets tough. His speed fits his playstyle, it's made for agile players with quick reflexes. Damn, Exta can get me killed even in a tanky frame, but I never die there with Loki, even when my strategy to defeat Lech Kril involves getting into melee range with him all the time.

Sometimes being a bullet sponge just doesn't cut it in this game, and that's when speedy frames like Loki truly shine.

I can understand that but I have had a good amount of debates with people about it and they always say that if he lost his speed he be useless and it dumbfounds me.

I agree with you. We should not have one frame that runs off away from every other. He would be fine having his speed at 1.15

He won't lose his trickster abilities, of course. It's just a matter of how his speed actually compliments his playstyle. By being fast like he is, when invisible he can either escape or get close to enemies much faster than most frames. Not sure if he NEEDS the speed, but it sure is a good addition to his arsenal IMO.

Whether he needs it or not, it's one of the main fun factor that people find on Loki, so that's a good point to have.

The frame that needs speed is Ash. His smokescreen has such a short time that HE is the one that needs the speed to run away. Loki doesn't

I can understand that but I have had a good amount of debates with people about it and they always say that if he lost his speed he be useless and it dumbfounds me.

This is a ninja game.

Slow ninjas get killed.

Slow ninjas make for terrible characters.

Slow ninjas ruin ninja games.

This isn't ME3, if you want to hide behind cover and shoot things, go play ME3 MP. That still has better gameplay and melee combat than Warframe, which is hilarious.

If you want to slow down any frame in this game, just shut the hell up. 

Edited by nightrunner_ks