Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Was The Machete Removed From The Game?

Nephero

The Machete, Gorgon and Boar "didn't fit the art style"... no I'm not making that up, that was a DE response.

Then they release Boar Prime, Machete Wraith and leave the Strun in (when it is basically the Boar with a different mag).

Oh, and the Heavy Gunners still use the Gorgon, even though it does not fit the art style.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Gorgon features on the most required Rifle mod there is, Serration.

But remember, it does not fit the art style.

Edited by Egg_Chen

And yet, the Grineer's entire arsenal of space gourds fits the artstyle. Somehow.

Granted, the Boar and the Strun look like trash cans. Yet the Strun still exists, and while it sounds like hitting a cardboard box with a stick when you fire it, the Boar and its awesome firing sound are gone. Makes no sense.

The Machete, Gorgon and Boar "didn't fit the art style"... no I'm not making that up, that was a DE response.

Then they release Boar Prime, Machete Wraith and leave the Strun in (when it is basically the Boar with a different mag).

Oh, and the Heavy Gunners still use the Gorgon, even though it does not fit the art style.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the Gorgon features on the most required Rifle mod there is, Serration.

The Boar prime was actualy released a small time BEFORE they removed the Boar for not fitting the art style.

Also don't forget the Ether Daggers being removed for the same reason despite one of them still being part of the Dual Ether combo.

At least with the Snipetron they had some resemblance of sense in why it was removed. Though it left the big elephant of the Braton in the living room, which stayed despite being obviously a kinetic projectile firing weapon produced by the Corpus.

It was boar that was claimed to not fit the art style.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/120551-october-16th-community-hot-topics/?hl=machete

Copy paste from that topic:

Last Chance Weapons

With the Boar, Gorgon, Ether Daggers and Machete all advertised as “Last Chance” a concern has been brought up in the Community as to what this “retirement” means. These items are not permanently gone; they could be brought back at any time, “out of retirement” so to speak.

Sheldon: “We’re trying to set up for more “new-user weapons” and some of the weapons (like the Boar) just don’t fit the art style. There is always a chance of them coming back.”

It had the exact same stats as a Skana and did a little girly twirl at the end of its combo. It was oozing weak everywhere.

oozing weak , now that a new expression for me XD

Arent there other very weak weapons that are still in the market? do people use dual skana ? 

oozing weak , now that a new expression for me XD

Arent there other very weak weapons that are still in the market? do people use dual skana ? 

Machete has the same stats as Skana, but its combat animation is awkward. The only weapons that are worse than Machete would be a few of the alert long swords, and every single one of those useless single daggers.

The biggest slap for the Machate however is that you can see scorpions using them still, heck Gorgon is still obtainable if you're lucky with login rewards. Altough I can understand the feeling of having an enemy swing their weapon in your face and not be able to get it, I mean we can get not one but two cleavers as of now.

Yeah, got Gorgon as a login reward. Being that I'm levelling the thing now, and it's utterly useless*, I'm going to guess that these were removed because they were worse than cheaper weapons. Good move.

* disagree for sentimental reasons if you like, but despite the brilliant look of this thing, it takes too long to wind up and has atrocious accuracy so it wastes about two thirds of the ammo you run through it. about the only thing it's good for is hosing down doors in defense missions, where the spread sort of works for you. no wonder heavy gunners are so heavily armoured, they need the time to get hits with this POS.

Forum ate my response!

WOAH guys , so that means we might be getting a Gorgon wraith??????

[mental breakdown]

What about.. burston? How is that still here?

Because it isn't nearly as bad? Burston's not the easiest thing in the world to use, and could definitely benefit from some recoil reduction, but once you get the hang of its firing pace and recoil the li'l B can put out some competent damage and doesn't feel bad at all. Its only sin is that it isn't a Karak.

Easy to craft? Burston is credit purchase. 

Machete did have a different melee animation set to other long swords but I think that is now used on the Karma.

Personally I think dual cleavers had mroe reason to be removed. They are completely pointless.

I was't refering to burston's performance as being a reason why it shouldn't be here. I was meaning it's design. Since DE was removing things because it didn't match the art. Doesn't burston not match the art? Or is it just me that thinks it looks like a typical sci-fi shooter rifle? Halo inspired possibly?