Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Over the livestream it was mentioned that 'E' was used to strike with the melee weapon equipped and 'Left-Click' was to activate melee channeling. But wouldn't it seem easier to switch the two, or at least add an option in the key-bindings? We're going to be striking more than channeling and it makes sense to switch them because using one of the keys for striking will make it difficult to move and attack. Imagine if 'R' was to fire your gun and 'Left-Click' was to reload.

Also, this would only apply when the melee weapon is equipped. 'E' should still be quick melee with the primary or secondary equipped.

This is just something I hope has already been considered but felt I should point out just in case.

I actually quite like this idea, mouse clicking would be so much nicer. Would allow people to be more creative with their melee because they have full range of movement bearing in mind it is all done by left hand, adding more for the left hand to do just detracts from the movement option. Maybe this is just me though.

What is this channeling?

Melee Channeling was shown in the latest Devstream, basically for a cost of Energy you can enhance your Warframe's melee attack power. You can then get Melee weapon mods that can improve channeling, including adding Lifesteal during channeling.

What is this channeling?

MELEE CHANNELING: http://youtu.be/THYFOn4hHdI?t=45m22s

Steve: When you are equipped in Melee mode, you’re FIRE button changes into this channeling where you channel your energy into your weapon. This is a kind of mutation of the charge attack system. There’s no charge attacks anymore, just melee channeling. Now the blade has Warframe energy in it that pulls from your energy pool.

Geoff: Because he was using his channeling and parrying a physical attack at the same time he opened up a finisher opportunity.

Steve: We’re going to be shipping with half a dozen Channeling mods.

Scott: We have status, fire rate, melee swing, damage, life steal, and stamina increase mods.

Steve: Every hit is 5 energy by default. You can get a channeling mod to help with that.

Scott: You can do channeling mid-combo and time it correctly in a particular attack animation.

Thank you VicAnimus and LGear. So basically the same as "Melee channeling"-mod, but you don't have to use abilities to channel energy.

Correct, though it can be used without adding a mod for it. From what I gathered, there will be mods to change its effect

Correct, though it can be used without adding a mod for it. From what I gathered, there will be mods to change its effect

Also apolgies for double post but yeah, if i remember correctly they said that it can effect attack speed, damage, knockdown, reach etc.. etc.. 

Also, i think they decided to keep melee as E just to keep it familiar enough to the older players. There's most likely a way to switch it, and if there isn't there will most likely be a rage thread demanding it ^__^ 

I can understand that reasoning. Though I hope there are separate bindings for quick melee and equipped melee