Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

actually, I think melee 2.0 will give other frames ability to deal with very high level enemies without being invisible, invulnerable or having an iron skin to protect a little bit, because you wil lbe able to block all incoming fire without taking damage, if you time it right

Hmm Roar?

Contagion, Invisibility, Sonar, Smoke Screen. Everything is the same as Roar. Valkyr should be one that benefits the most from U13.

But lets see if melee will be another fancy looking useless addition, or something really viable, first.

Contagion, Invisibility, Sonar, Smoke Screen. Everything is the same as Roar. Valkyr should be one that benefits the most from U13.

But lets see if melee will be another fancy looking useless addition, or something really viable, first.

From what Scott mentioned, it is viable. He claims to have high level defense/survival missions using just a skana.

Just correcting your post when you said Rhino didnt have ANY damage buffs, which he does. Not sure how any of the frames will be in Uplate 13. Melee does look fancy, but game power wise, I seriously doubt you would rather spend Energy to deal damage with the risk of getting KD/stunlocked when you can use that Energy to Mprime the living Kubrow outta them. Mprime can be cast for what, like 25 energy these days? It will be funny to see the kind of damage Energy Charging adds when compared to 25 Energy Ults the game has now.

From what Scott mentioned, it is viable. He claims to have high level defense/survival missions using just a skana.

Correction, he said he killed stuff in Pluto. I am betting it was Assassination, which you CAN beat nowadays with an unranked Skana and Loki or most frames if you know what you are doing, and Devs usually do.

Edited by Dogoframe

Just correcting your post when you said Rhino didnt have ANY damage buffs, which he does. Not sure how any of the frames will be in Uplate 13. Melee does look fancy, but game power wise, I seriously doubt you would rather spend Energy to deal damage with the risk of getting KD/stunlocked when you can use that Energy to Mprime the living Kubrow outta them. Mprime can be cast for what, like 25 energy these days? It will be funny to see the kind of damage Energy Charging adds when compared to 25 Energy Ults the game has now.

My thoughts also. Problem with melee will stay, because ranged weapons and powers can kill something from far away. You cannot melee something that is dead already.

My thoughts also. Problem with melee will stay, because ranged weapons and powers can kill something from far away. You cannot melee something that is dead already.

Melee isn't supposed to become better than ranged. It's just supposed to become a more viable and fun playstyle should you want to play that way.

You'll sometimes have problems with certain teammates nuking everything before you can get to them, but thats not a problem exclusive to melee.

Its reinventing the wheel really. It adds to the game, it looks absolutely fantastic, and finally justifies the Ninja used in marketing to an extent.

But they removed charge attacks, no matter how it is replaced I *think* they just took away the redeeming feature of melee in the current game and made some money in the process... Think of all the forma and potatoes used in the scores of Galatines being used. I may be wrong but if they didnt recycle Jat Kittag's boss spin they may have thrown away their best melee animation yet (and it is charge only).

Not saying it is easy to make it work, but it is a game design fault. How to make the riskiest form of combat be fun and worth it when you have 25 energy Ults and more weapons to shoot things at than the storage room in the Matrix?

I always liked melee and cleaned mission by running melee only because I felt like. Just like I stealthed thru some because I felt like. But they were never viable or even fitting to the pace of the game. I dont see how Melee 2.0 will change that mechanically. Players will have kickass visuals, but in the end this is a loot game, a grinding game. Efficiency counts when you are trying not spend another WEEK trying to get a drop, you will not want to slice enemies 5 times when you can shoot them once and wait for the same RNG.

I hope they will expand the list of combos available, expand a lot.

I wouldn't bet that DE do that.

I suspect we will get nothing more than the normal spam attack "combo" and the new combo which involves the pause.

So.. two combos. Where one we have already seen. I have a feeling Melee 2,0 will be underwhelming something terrible.

I wouldn't bet that DE do that.

I suspect we will get nothing more than the normal spam attack "combo" and the new combo which involves the pause.

So.. two combos. Where one we have already seen. I have a feeling Melee 2,0 will be underwhelming something terrible.

In the glances of the combo move lists during Devstream 26 we saw, there's at least 3 advanced combos on some of them, and apparently some of them (like Fist grip) will have brancing combos.

i think its important to note that the combos we start with are the vary BASE of melee2.0 and because they had the brilliant idea of wrapping the combos up in (aura)mods themselves; it becomes vary easy for them to add more to it as times goes on. 

they said that "to start" there will only be a few stance mods per major weapon grip style. thats at launch. a year form now there could be dozens of stance mods per major grip type.

but i dont imagine each stance will have more then 2-3, combos per stance, MAYBE 4 in some cases.

Really want a shield as a primary weapon at some point. It could be throwable like the throwable melee weapons. But this way you'd give up your primary weapon in exchange for a shield that you could use to block enemy fire and push enemies.