The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Hohohoho you funny.

Seriously though as soon as a build gets done for PC they ship it and send it to the PS4 team to work on then once that works there is a 2 week submission period where sony deals with it.

This^ I guarantee that if an update as jam-packed and likely unstable as U13 will be, hot fixes within the first hours of it going live are almost certain. I would be vastly surprised if there wasn't at least one or two immediately following it. Trust me, if they shipped the build without prior PC testing straight to PS4, you guys would probably be stuck with an unplayable mess for several weeks.

I know is completely off topic and I can get a warning for this but, you should really pick a dictionary sometime, Not trying to be mean but helpful.

What's wrong with that? Plus i no my stuff lol i am in STEM (Online is the only place where i can talk like how i want 2).

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against animated violence but you have to admit this guy is way too focused on it.

He's either looking for things to complain about or a gore fetishist.

Completely untrue. I have a ligitimate concern here. If they will be removing 1 swing decapitations, I am out. That's one of the greatest things about this game. Any anime or movie that has Ninja swords and Samurai, has the gore. I am not a gore fetishist, but they should stick to formula if it works, why change it for the sake of changing it.

Also I do not see people complain about current melee system, instead they complaining about rewards in missions, variety, or gameplay balancing. The melee is something unique they are adding, but not going to fix or improve the current state of the game.

Look at star wars for example, they have melee with different combos, but is it fun? The lightsaber combat fans are few and far between, and Lucasarts is not doing well financially. Do you see people playing it?

I remember combos as being something in an old fighting game, or dancing game. Combos might be cool, if they keep the gore. But if they decide to make it PG 13, I am out peace.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

Seeing how you are shortening everything to (or should I say "2") numbers, I'm not suprised that it was too long for you.

Don't you mean, "2 long 4 u"?

U13 will be on Wednesday for PC (And hopefully PS4)

Don't think it's coming out on PS4 yet. You know by now how Sony works. DE has to submit to Sony for cert, after they've ironed out the bugs with the PC version.

Op only plays for pure dps.

This is whats wrong i\with the community.

I wouldn't say he plays for dps so much as effectiveness. 

And I know its up to the player on how they want to play or how they have fun, but the OP is raising a good question on whats the benefit of using Melee when you can instead just shoot at enemies, and probably do more damage?

Op only plays for pure dps.

This is whats wrong i\with the community.

Thats funny. He did not once mention the Straith, Soma, Brakk, Synapse, Latron Prime, or the Galantine. Or any other DPS king weapons.

He merely stated that where is a place for strong melee, when we have strong guns.

Effectiveness is the key bit here.

Why would i rush a target when i can easily snipe him with my vectis?

What is the point of bringing a Dakra Prime, when your Soma is so much more devistating?

Is it more effective for me to stand and shoot, or to rush and parry to stab something dead?

At no point did anyone scream and cry that weapon X is better than Melee 2.0 because reasons that are apparently well known

You usually want to ask a question as clear as possible so we can fully understand the question.

When every i have question on a game  i have 2 much 2 say i just get every thing mixed up and end up shortening it up with numbers and stuff or go off topic.

Edited by Tun3X

I wouldn't say he plays for dps so much as effectiveness. 

And I know its up to the player on how they want to play or how they have fun, but the OP is raising a good question on whats the benefit of using Melee when you can instead just shoot at enemies, and probably do more damage?

Thats funny. He did not once mention the Straith, Soma, Brakk, Synapse, Latron Prime, or the Galantine. Or any other DPS king weapons.

He merely stated that where is a place for strong melee, when we have strong guns.

Effectiveness is the key bit here.

Why would i rush a target when i can easily snipe him with my vectis?

What is the point of bringing a Dakra Prime, when your Soma is so much more devistating?

Is it more effective for me to stand and shoot, or to rush and parry to stab something dead?

At no point did anyone scream and cry that weapon X is better than Melee 2.0 because reasons that are apparently well known

The point is he's not playing for fun. He's like why would I use a whip when I have a machine gun? The answer is because a whip is awesome, sure its not practical but its fun. 

The practical answer should be that melee weapons do more damage than gun because it has a higher risk, right now they aren't "worth" using because they are less effective. 

Also you can't argue that "oh he said effective not dps" because the entire point of dps is how effective the weapon is. How fast can it sling damage, the faster the more effective as long as the goal is to do damage.

Edited by immolator1001

So yeah... there are absolutely no methods that i can use to get into close quarters. And no reason to even use melee. I mean, all the AI does is STOP SHOOTING YOU TO RIFLE BUTT YOU when you try to melee them.

I dont suppose that shade sentinal would help either, with all the cloaking. And there is Djinn, but fatal attaction just makes you a bullet magnet

Whenever this happens to me I am more stunned by how badass it was, not the actual blow.

The point is he's not playing for fun. He's like why would I use a whip when I have a machine gun? The answer is because its awesome, sure its not practical but its fun. 

The practical answer should be that melee weapons do more damage than gun because it has a higher risk, right now they aren't "worth" using because they are less effective. 

Also you can't argue that "oh he said effective not dps" because the entire point of dps is how effective the weapon is. How fast can it sling damage, the faster the more effective as long as the goal is to do damage.

DPS =/= Effectiveness!

The strongest DPS build will be using 2 of the 6 total Dual Elemental Combos. Because of that, it will be only Effective against the races that are weak to it, even though with Procs/Crits/Elemental Damage it will be leading Damage.

The galantine is the King of Charge Damage dps, but for Valkyr? Its not effective because it doesnt have any crit, and it doesnt have a special AoE groundslam, two things that make her get the most of her alt.

The Penta spits out damage so hard it oneshots the tenno using it, having a gun that kills you isn't effective against the enemy at all if you need picked up every 10 seconds because of a close enviroment. Arguably, it is most effective in trinity's hands, because of Link + Blessing.

You have a galantine a long hallway, and a bunch of enemies on the other side. Why would it be effective to not shoot from your vantage point? What makes it more effective to run while blocking bullets?

Bows arent effective against ospreys if you dont know how to lead your target. Machineguns arent effective against a tight group without punch through.

Its not about numbers at all, its about Common-Freaking-Tactical-Sense.