Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share Your Character! [Ooc Discussion]

Arceus255

I'm probably going to take a big risk here with these new characters but...oh sod it. 

jTEfy14.png

James,

6iOIhez.png

Jessica

Name: James/Jessie

Warframe: Equinox

Gender -I have no idea-

Affiliation: The Lotus Tenno.

Appearance: James and Jessie are both twin siblings who share an Equinox frame. James controls Day coloured white and black and Jessie controlling Night with Black and white, but both have Red colour lights.  Both have dark blond hair, James's being short and spikier in a faux hawk style and Jessie's being longer and sleeker. Both twins are polite and friendly but James is more of a people person and Jessie preferring to be a bit of a loner.

Weapons: Both the Twins prefer energy weapons over traditional Tenno weapons when it comes to their guns but they stick to the traditional Tenno blades and blunt weapons highly. They share a Tetra, a Detron hand-cannon and a Nami Skyla Cutlass and Kris dagger The Detron and Tetra both are modified with electrical mods with high magazine and damage mods while the Skyla has been modified with a sharper and longer blade for maximum damage to their foes. they also own an Attica and a set of Tenno crafted pistols and throwing blades such as the Vastos, the Stilettos, the Kunai, Hikou and the Zani machine pistols, they have also been reported to use an Anku scythe.

Noticeable skills: While both twins are expert in the ways of both guns and blades, James is the more dominant when it comes to Melee weapons and Jessie being more skilled with ranged weapons.

Bio: Not much is known about the Equinox Twins, other than they emerged with several other Equinox Tenno lately, these two are unique as they both share a body and switch between their forms should the situation change. Adapting accordingly for when their allies need the healing or their enemies need to bleed.

Misc/Info: Both James and Jessie can control their audio speakers, allowing them to speak to their fellow Tenno easily. It's rumoured also they can potentially split but it requires a LOT of energy.

Edited by Drakeardian

James & Jessica. Jessie & James.

*cries happily*

Why the hell would I have a problem with the Japanese? ふざけるな.

And yes, Noblewind is a silly last name. Skywalker is also a silly last name. Either accept its silliness or insist on it being serious. You could be more creative, like maybe making the last name Ventobel or something.

Also,

Chroma was being controlled by the Sentient.

I find it amusing, how childish you are acting

Also, it amuses me to see how much you are still ranting on about the names

And, you totally ignored my comments about the infested

Then again, I'm easily amused

Very apparent you have no creativity at all, when you say I have none

And as for Ventobel, it is a lot funnier than 'Noblewind'. Its like; go vent o bell please

Really?

Noblewind, at least makes sense in a way other than 'ventobel'

But thanks actually, Ventobel would be a good name for one of my milk goats

Cause its kinda like Abigal, but only Ventobel

I shall be sure to name a doe that once I find one who is suitable for such a name

Edited by Dragoncita

I find it amusing how you can claim him to be acting childish and then you respond with that *pointing at your goat name rant* Butthurt much?

Now for the character itself, it's sort of a consensus among most of us here that Tenno themselves can't be infested (there are theories that their frames might be however but that conversation is for another thread) What I think most people here are worried about is the Mary Sue vibe that your character gives. We've had a lot of bad experiences with those types of character, so it doesn't take much to set off the Sue warning bells in most people's heads.

We could be discussing lore (or what little there is) but we've had so many arguments over that in here as it is already so I don't think people here are feeling like starting another one. We're much more content with discussing amongst ourselves in the threads we partake in and then in a friendlier manner than the hostility you seem to be going for at the moment. 

I took the liberty to check your profile which shows that you're very new here. Most of us have been playing the game for years and so we have been through a lot of events, played a lot of story missions (the ones that exist) than you can possibly have done in this small amount of time. To get more info and meat on your bones, so to speak, Warframe got a great wiki page you can read up on. For instance, the Hive nodes you destroy in missions didn't show up at all until Alad V started to experiment with the infestation and robotics couldn't become infested before he created that specific strain. You'll notice that Alad V can be blamed for allot of things. While the Grineed can be blamed for always releasing ancient enemies from their slumber to doom us all.

Infested Tenno in the form you describe has never been seen nor hinted at in game or by DE. So it's less about "outside the box" thinking than just working with what we have and the things we've found out in game through events, missions and codex intel. In the end though, it's all up to the DM of whatever thread you wish to join. He or she might ask you to change things to fit the story/lore/continuity of their thread, or the character might be okay the way it is. One thing you should have in mind though is that most of us here likes to see well written characters, and are less impressed with OC's who's gimmicks become their character/personality. 

Edited by Lady_Viper

I find it amusing, how childish you are acting

Also, it amuses me to see how much you are still ranting on about the names

And, you totally ignored my comments about the infested

Then again, I'm easily amused

Very apparent you have no creativity at all, when you say I have none

And as for Ventobel, it is a lot funnier than 'Noblewind'. Its like; go vent o bell please

Really?

Noblewind, at least makes sense in a way other than 'ventobel'

But thanks actually, Ventobel would be a good name for one of my milk goats

Cause its kinda like Abigal, but only Ventobel

I shall be sure to name a doe that once I find one who is suitable for such a name

Pot calling the kettle black, much?

I find it amusing how you can claim him to be acting childish and then you respond with that *pointing at your goat name rant* Butthurt much?

Now for the character itself, it's sort of a consensus among most of us here that Tenno themselves can't be infested (there are theories that their frames might be however but that conversation is for another thread) What I think most people here are worried about is the Mary Sue vibe that your character gives. We've had a lot of bad experiences with those types of character, so it doesn't take much to set off the Sue warning bells in most people's heads.

We could be discussing lore (or what little there is) but we've had so many arguments over that in here as it is already so I don't think people here are feeling like starting another one. We're much more content with discussing amongst ourselves in the threads we partake in and then in a friendlier manner than the hostility you seem to be going for at the moment. 

I took the liberty to check your profile which shows that you're very new here. Most of us have been playing the game for years and so we have been through a lot of events, played a lot of story missions (the ones that exist) than you can possibly have done in this small amount of time. To get more info and meat on your bones, so to speak, Warframe got a great wiki page you can read up on. For instance, the Hive nodes you destroy in missions didn't show up at all until Alad V started to experiment with the infestation and robotics couldn't become infested before he created that specific strain. You'll notice that Alad V can be blamed for allot of things. While the Grineed can be blamed for always releasing ancient enemies from their slumber to doom us all.

Infested Tenno in the form you describe has never been seen nor hinted at in game or by DE. So it's less about "outside the box" thinking than just working with what we have and the things we've found out in game through events, missions and codex intel. In the end though, it's all up to the DM of whatever thread you wish to join. He or she might ask you to change things to fit the story/lore/continuity of their thread, or the character might be okay the way it is. One thing you should have in mind though is that most of us here likes to see well written characters, and are less impressed with OC's who's gimmicks become their character/personality. 

So painful to read that little text until reply owner edited the text.

Although I do agree on stuff what Viper mentions in it.

Edited by Revel72

Didn't realize the text got so small when posting it. Made it bigger.

Thank you young lady. *deep bows*

The Pokemon reference was NOT intentional.

Believe me right now I am really in to Dark Souls. When I got to Ornstein and Smough fight. I just said to myself. "Team Rocket" *grinning*

Edited by Revel72

lol

Nay, it is more childish to see many of you reply to what I have said

Ever thought you might be fueling the fire?

It would be more grown-up, to not reply to what I have said at all, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone replied to this

If anything, I despise people who think they are better than others

And, I can see several people like that here

Then again, extremely rare nowadays to find a person with common sense

So, let us just see who is more childish, when you simply fuel the fire by replying to what I am saying, when it is easier to just ignore this and not answer

lol

Nay, it is more childish to see many of you reply to what I have said

Ever thought you might be fueling the fire?

It would be more grown-up, to not reply to what I have said at all, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone replied to this

If anything, I despise people who think they are better than others

And, I can see several people like that here

Then again, extremely rare nowadays to find a person with common sense

So, let us just see who is more childish, when you simply fuel the fire by replying to what I am saying, when it is easier to just ignore this and not answer

FYI. I bet you are much better in the game and RP. I always approach people thinking that they are better than me unless I have seen how they approach things I become their guide on how to go about things.

To what Drake asked. I can not really say anything else than. "Looks extremely solid characters in overall" because there really is not any kind of rating systems or meters how good or bad character would be. There are just unwritten rules about it. And pretty much first thing what came to my mind about your char was "Looks extremely solid characters in overall"

Reason why I said that was: Because I haven't really read any of those posts about them so... I am not really good person to judge about your character.

Edited by Revel72

Username: Dragoncita

Name: Galaeron Noblewind

Species: Infested Tenno

Abilities:

Powerdrive- The creature rams full force into its enemy, aiming to knock them down

Sonic Screech- Like any other sonic blast, it can tear trees right out of the ground, shatter buildings, and has even been known a direct hit on another creature kills instantly, though it is extremely rare

Fury Swipes- Aggressively lashes out, tearing foes to shreds

Regeneration- Allows the creature to heal some of its minor wounds while trying to get a good hit on the enemy

Bio/History: Once a powerful Clan Leader, Galaeron was unfortunately stricken with the infestation plague

The infested had overrun the Dojo, killing and destroying everything in their wake. Many tenno died in trying to retreat. More tenno would've fallen, if it hadn't been for their leader.

Galaeron bravely staid back, giving the last of his clan members, the only 'family' he had known, a chance to escape. Few of the tenno refused, but they finally listened to Galaeron, surely leaving him to his death. As for Galaeron, he accepted this fate.

The Clan Leader stood tall, even when he was surrounded, Galaeron kept on his feet, even though he was as good as dead. He doesn't exactly understand how it happened, how he had suddenly become what he is now.

Now, Galaeron remembers nothing of his past. He doesn't remember who he was, or what he had once been

The ones he once protected, Galaeron now slaughters mercilessly

Appearance:

http://i.imgur.com/RE9DcxM.jpg

*More to Come eventually*

Naming conventions aside, the underlying character of the fallen clan leader is a solid base, even if the concept is a tad overused.

The primary difficulties with this character are two-fold: the homebrew frame/lack of a frame, and the fact that he/it is an Infested Tenno.

Having dabbled with the concept myself, I am not in a position to say that Infested Tenno are absolutely forbidden.  That being said, I can strongly advise against their use, simply for all of the potentially story-breaking possibilities they engender.  Because the Technocyte Virus is so poorly understood, it is very easy to turn it into a one-plague-fits-all phlebotinum that adapts to whatever difficulty the character is facing at the time.  For the health of the RP and the integrity of the character, such gimmicks are best avoided.

As for the homebrew warframe/lack of a frame, the potential for game-breaking is just too great when every other character will likely be using standard in-game equipment.  There is also the question of whether Tenno - particularly Infested Tenno - would still have access to their powers without a warframe to focus their energies, and whether the Infestation is capable of modifying a warframe to the degree seen here.

With all this in mind, I cannot recommend using this character as it is in any RP here on the forums.  Shave away the homebrew frame and the Infestation, flesh out Galaeron as he was before all of that, and you will have a solid base upon which to build a character through interaction with others.  Otherwise, he becomes nothing but a vaguely menacing static set piece.

Edited by Temperance000

Regarding Infested Tenno, the important question to ask is ​how infested a Tenno is.

I mention this since one of the lines from an Infested boss, I forget which, asks 'Why are you doing this? We are your flesh.'

To me, this suggests that Tenno are, to a greater or lesser extent, infested. What prevents from being fully infested, I don't know. Perhaps something to do with the Void or the Warframes that prevent the disease from spreading.

The problem that other are having with your OC, Dragoncita, is the fact that he is fully infested. Since there is no known precedent for this, it makes people uneasy. The Mesa you encounter in one Quest is not an infested Tenno, but a warframe filled with infested flesh that allows it to act.

It found not be unreasonable, to be anyway, to think that some Tenno have been affected more heavily by the Technocryte virus than others. Perhaps these Tenno have glowing eyes or oddly coloured skin or markings on their skin or slightly malformed limbs. Hell, if you take Dark Sector to be canon, then having a limb that is fully infested is entirely possible. But nowhere is there anything to say that a Tenno has ever been fully infested.

Edited by Spikey844

Regarding Infested Tenno, the important question to ask is ​how infested a Tenno is.

I mention this since one of the lines from an Infested boss, I forget which, asks 'Why are you doing this? We are your flesh.'

To me, this suggests that Tenno are, to a greater or lesser extent, infested. What prevents from being fully infested, I don't know. Perhaps something to do with the Void or the Warframes that prevent the disease from spreading.

The problem that other are having with your OC, Dragoncita, is the fact that he is fully infested. Since there is no known precedent for this, it makes people uneasy. The Mesa you encounter in one Quest is not an infested Tenno, but a warframe filled with infested flesh that allows it to act.

It found not be unreasonable, to be anyway, to think that some Tenno have been affected more heavily by the Technocryte virus than others. Perhaps these Tenno have glowing eyes or oddly coloured skin or markings on their skin or slightly malformed limbs. Hell, if you take Dark Sector to be canon, then having a limb that is fully infested is entirely possible. But nowhere is there anything to say that a Tenno has ever been fully infested.

Didn't Lotus say in that mission? "That is a hollow Mesa warframe"

The full quote is 'That's not a Tenno. That's a hollow Warframe being puppeted by Infested flesh. Put it out of its misery.'

I read this as a warframe being controlled by a mass of infested tissue.

Had difficult time remembering. I did that guest so long time ago.

The full quote is 'That's not a Tenno. That's a hollow Warframe being puppeted by Infested flesh. Put it out of its misery.'

I read this as a warframe being controlled by a mass of infested tissue.

might as well just mean that it's being puppeted by Alad V. Can't really remember myself, but didn't it have that toilet seat ring thingy on it?

might as well just mean that it's being puppeted by Alad V. Can't really remember myself, but didn't it have that toilet seat ring thingy on it?

Hmm... Don't remember... Although that would give reason why it was being puppeted by infested flesh.

Also... That brings up question too. From where Alad V acquired that warframe? And how it was empty?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... Don't remember... Although that would give reason why it was being puppeted by infested flesh.

Also... That brings up question too. From where Alad V acquired that warframe? And how it was empty?

I made a guess that the Mesa is a merc Tenno, with her being a vagabond and all, it would make sense. Maybe Salad V had a bounty on him and Mesa thought it was a easy way to earn some creds and rep by killing off a threat to the System. But then she underestimated Salad V and his infested which caused her to die. And to answer your question about the empty warframe: Salad V is a pro when it comes to turning a tenno into one of his puppets or pets. (Zanuka) Mesa also could've been the last piece to his toilet tenno mind control device that he constantly throws at us.

I made a guess that the Mesa is a merc Tenno, with her being a vagabond and all, it would make sense. Maybe Salad V had a bounty on him and Mesa thought it was a easy way to earn some creds and rep by killing off a threat to the System. But then she underestimated Salad V and his infested which caused her to die. And to answer your question about the empty warframe: Salad V is a pro when it comes to turning a tenno into one of his puppets or pets. (Zanuka) Mesa also could've been the last piece to his toilet tenno mind control device that he constantly throws at us.

Plausible. As we all know that Lore is just riddled full of holes by minigun so is tough to say what is wrong and what is right,