The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

It allows players to instantly bypass content. That's a pretty big no no in games.

Currently, the only lategame content Warframe has to offer is Void grinding.

When you give players the ability to instantly bypass that content, what does Warframe have left? Very little.

It reduces the longevity of the game, and it doesn't do anything in player retention.

Ohh so your mad because other players won't have anything to do after they get them LC ?

Rigghtt Its not because you did not get yours, its because you don't want them to run out of things to do HAHAHA, very funny guy.

If they get everything with money it does not change a single thing for you...

Everyone is mad because they WANT LC's no other reason.

Forcing people to play content they don't enjoy 25+ times for a drop isn't a very good solution either.

You're right, but DE chose the absolute worst road to go down.

They have a lengthy history of releasing band-aids, then just ignoring the wound.

With the release of trading, it debunks the major argument people have against token systems, but it also makes me think that there never will be one, simply because I think they're going to keep the horrible band-aid which is Prime trading and call it a year.

Ohh so your mad because other players won't have anything to do after they get them LC ?

Rigghtt Its not because you did not get yours, its because you don't want them to run out of things to do HAHAHA, very funny guy.

If they get everything with money it does not change a single thing for you...

Everyone is mad because they WANT LC's no other reason.

You, my friend, are a @(*()$ moron (thankyou for the warning point in advance)

Everything apparently. 

People want to feel like they're special, that they worked hard and got something that no one else had. Let's admit that a ton of other people also had these things but that's just what makes them feel good on the inside.

half the community feels they were cheated, but I personally... felt maybe RNG was taking it a tad bit far, and this trading helped ease the pain, and suffering of RNG...

its a better world now...

Edited by Arlayn

They have a lengthy history of releasing band-aids, then just ignoring the wound.

With the release of trading, it debunks the major argument people have against token systems, but it also makes me think that there never will be one, simply because I think they're going to keep the horrible band-aid which is Prime trading and call it a year.

Of course they won't apply a token system over RNG... that would be the absolute WORST idea ever... Ruk forbid we ever get a horrible token system... The trading system works. It has satisfied me and encouraged me to play more to level up more good gear. Infact I am currently enjoying my boar prime, fang primes, and orthos prime... Thanks to trading I can finally use primes to their fullest, and be happy... This encourages more gameplay, and more spending... More plat in the system, and more money making on DEs side, and more happy people... Not all of us can play 24/7, and if you want your long time spent rewards you can always go into your dojo and stare at the weapons that CANT be bought, and be happy you have what most will not have.

It allows players to instantly bypass content. That's a pretty big no no in games.

Currently, the only lategame content Warframe has to offer is Void grinding.

When you give players the ability to instantly bypass that content, what does Warframe have left? Very little.

It reduces the longevity of the game, and it doesn't do anything in player retention.

Not even going to touch on how you can now buy a Prime weapon for less plat than its market counterpart.

Talk about laughable.

*Edit*

Those above who only associate it with "OMG OTHERS CAN NOW GET PRIMES" are so shortsighted, it isn't even funny.

That attitude is just as lazy as the players who make rant threads saying "omg, this is so unfair. I worked for this"

Considering the way Warframe is designed, I feel that this is a problem with having a trade system in the first place; much Warframe's "endgame" experience can be traded for.

I completely agree you in that this does reduce the longevity of the game. Prime Trade would probably be better implemented after Warframe consists of more purposeful experiences that couldn't be traded, even if you wanted to.

I still think farming is better than buying with real money no ?

You can still brag about that, I do not care at all if someone buys all the primes cause I did not,  a big 0$ I win.

These kids need to have a big epeen it seems.

If you're able to acquire enough platinum through trading, wouldn't that mean that you don't have to spend any money at all?

Players that are offended and mad are so because this new change invalidates any of their previous hard work before this addition was made. Back then Frost Prime took forever to grind and get but now you can snap your fingers and you'll skip the grinding, the raging, etc etc ( of course, you will need plat for this magical process but I digress.)

I agree with you.  The way they did it was horriable.

1.  They increased the drop percentages of the void.  (Moderate grouping)

2.  They made certain parts drop in each tier.  ( This increased players grouping for t1, since they knew where to go for parts.) (High grouping activity)

3.  They made parts and bp tradable. (Low grouping.)

There isn't a reason to group for voids now.  There is gonna be less group activity in recruiting.  Players can just buy parts or have clan members just give them all their parts.

I solo alot but now that there isn't really a reason to group or form parties, clans and players will play less.

If they added more content and new voids this step would make sense, because the equipment is dated.  They did it out of the blue though.

Edited by Pure

I hate the RNG for blueprints, i remember how long it took for some people to unlock Banshee with how those blue prints worked. I also had a heck of a time find one frost prime blueprint and that was before they added alot more to the void tables. I dont need the same bloody helmet or the systems over and over. Will I be buying blue prints from other players for plat? No I will not but if someone has a blue print i want and I have one they want why should I not trade with them.

Edit: Do i think they did the trade system right or wrong. I would say they did it wrong because they allow the trade of plat for the blue prints.

Edited by gamefreak9149

If you're able to acquire enough platinum through trading, wouldn't that mean that you don't have to spend any money at all?

All plat ultimately comes from DE and there are major things that you buy that remove it from circulation - slots, potatoes, cosmetics, etc. Hypothetically you could become a plat whale just through canny trading, but in practice it's going to be a lot harder.

I wouldn't be averse to a plat tax on transactions involving plat though, just to speed up the churn a bit.

It didn't decrease longevity for me... infact I want to play more because I now can play with more fun weapons... You know how hard it is to try and level up bows, akbolto, afuris, and the rest of the gang of odd, weak, and not so good weapons is? Its so hard its unfun... Not to mention killing everyone with a weapon that I have formaed enough times to be perfect for me ends the fun for me right then and there... Hopefully the Focus system comes out soon. Once we get the Focus system I will be more then satisfied since I can play with all the weapons that are maxed out... otherwise I pop on every now and then and drag those awful weapons along for a ride to level up up... oh so slowly...

Well if they manage to get lots of platinum by only trading it means

1. They had to put up with the crazy trade chan which is a pretty big feat on its own.

2. They had to play a while in order to acquire the mods that are worth more than 5p.

If they can do it well they kinda deserve it don't you think ?

It still does not answer my question tho: why does it matter to me if someone else buys everything OR gets everything through trading ? I can still play and get everything by grinding for free, are you telling me it only matters if you kill more or if your gear is cooler than the other guy ? Because that is not what co-op is about.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

I remember when games use to be simple, and gamers were just gamers, and it didn't matter where you came from, or what you played your game on, and things were compete and whole, and people just used their free recreation time to enjoy a good game or sport.

Now days its like one political debate, and nobody is satisfied.

When Pride, Money, and drama got involved, the gamer world just went into the toilet....

Peace People!!

Because some people can't seem to understand that those offering prime items in trade tend to ask for something of equivalent value (to them) in return. Sure the buyers may offer something that has extremely little value to them (if prime part) but the buyer still had to acquire that part via farming, regardless of whether or not it was the part they wanted at the time.

If the seller is asking for platinum, then that is debatable. As a starting point, I would like to add that platinum, being a direct conversion of money, still has to be earned IRL.

I have a lot of parts I don't need or want. Now all the effort i put into acquiring them, while involuntary at the time, is paying off. Painless work, see?

Forcing people to play content they don't enjoy 25+ times for a drop isn't a very good solution either.

The real culprit is not trading (or the lack thereof) - it's that once you have the gear, there's nothing to do with it. No meaningful, challenging obstacles exist that "require" the prime gear that a player either grinded for, traded for, or paid for.

I'm not saying people will necessarily level their gear and forget it, but increasing mastery rank doesn't matter to some people, and that's really the only "endgame" there is. Collect, collect, collect, and level, level, level. Or do the same void mission 30 times for a frost prime systems BP, which is now no longer necessary, so...

Is the "allure" of Warframe actually having the stuff? Or trying to get the stuff? Or neither? i still have more fun with an unmodded Excalibur + Skana just slicing up Grineer on Mercury than pressing 4 on any ranged damage-dealing class in a defense or survival.

Engaging gameplay can't be bought.

Being captured in engaging gameplay is pretty subjective at this point. People want to throw their money at these digital pixels and basically ruin the game for themselves. There's people who put in 300+ hours into getting those items and now their frames are basically worth some 50 plat. 

I'm part of the latter, by the way, and I'm completely against Prime Trading. 

You and the others can stop playing after some 150 hours of gameplay, after you've bought your way through the game. I won't be sad to say goodbye, however, because you've had it coming your way. 

Edited by ikillyou8196

so those people who want to grind the void for parts can still do so exactly how they did before.

and those poor working stiffs that don't have days on end to run t3 void missions endlessly for that one part can now trade for it.

the ONLY thing this changes is that platinum can be made by those doing the grinding and items can be purchased from those doing the grinding by those that don't have time (or interest) in grinding....

DE doesn't care because platinum, once entered into the economy, will eventually be spent on the marketplace. (however often it's traded before hand) 

and allowing more items to be purchased only increases incentive for those with the penchant for buying platinum to do so.

so, to the OP, i have no idea why people are whining about this. about the only thing that makes sense is that they labored under the mistaken impression that running void missions endlessly for prime items so that they could "show off" is somehow cheapened by this change.

i would suggest that they re-evaluate some of their decisions and how they define their self-worth and get the hell over themselves.

Edited by xethier

Honestly I'm loving it. I've been hunting for Ember Prime parts and haven't had any luck, but I picked up an Orthos Prime blade and a Dakra Prime handle. A quick visit to the trade chat later, I no longer have those parts, and now have the Ember Prime blueprint and the chassis. I find stuff I don't want, and trade it to people who do want it for stuff I want. Win-win!

I remember when games use to be simple, and gamers were just gamers, and it didn't matter where you came from, or what you played your game on, and things were compete and whole, and people just used their free recreation time to enjoy a good game or sport.

When Pride, Money, and drama got involved, the gamer world just went into the toilet....

Peace People!!

There is no peace. 

Edited by ikillyou8196

so, to the OP, i have no idea why people are whining about this. about the only thing that makes sense is that they labored under the mistaken impression that running void missions endlessly for prime items so that they could "show off" is somehow cheapened by this change.

i would suggest that they re-evaluate some of their decisions and how they define their self-worth and get the hell over themselves.

Exactly, just beautiful !

Personally i like that BP new trade system. Always storing BP or parts repeated in each Void run, i do not know what to do with them, and now i can get some plat or mods.

This is just my personal opinion, i not speak for anyone other than myself.

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

This.

Peace People!!

i remember those days too, before internet anonymity and multiplayer gaming.

if you wanted to play a computer game with a buddy you had to use a modem. (or a serial cable)

because ethernet was damned expensive.

before that you had consoles, where if the other guy was being a douchenozzle you'd hit him with the paddle or throw a couch cushion at him. (or maybe your soda)

i kinda miss my NES

Edited by xethier