The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

I have  700 hours in mission

I have everything but the new weapon and the glaive prime in my inventory and all of it but the founders gear earned the 'hard way'.

I don't give a S#&$ about how other people can get stuff.  Because I am an adult and i realize the value of my things, how i got them, and my enjoyment of them is not affected one whit by who else can get them or how.

Come on people this isn't pre-school any more.

Got all mag prime parts a few minutes ago, without spending a single plat.

People don't buy  those with plat , they actually prefer to trade them  with other prime parts that they don't have . i've seen very few people of my clan and in region chat actually succeeding in selling for plat some prime parts.

It's a good thing for DE and for us 

> people could now spend more of their plat in the market instead of trading

> makes Primes more accessible , they're not exclusive content  everyone should have the right to have some . and besides :  to get the parts easy you still need to grind a few void levels to get enough parts to trade  , but not as much as before , which is good 

It's become like a natural resource XD

What do you guys think? Let's discuss!

Edited by Deidaku

I've already spent 930+ hours on this game, and while I really do feel that I've been slapped in the face somewhat, I'm still hoping that things will get better once the promised endgame content get released.

I still believe in DE and I still want to love this game.

I'm vet, and I don't feel slapped in the face. My accomplishments are still mine and I'm not playing this game to brag "I played hundreds of Voids to get stuff. Gaze in awe upon my awesomeness peasants".

If someone grinds to get stuff, more power to him.

If someone pays to get his dream-gun, also more power to him, more $$$ to DE -> more content for us.

Edited by SabreUr

I'm having trouble figuring out whether out you're being sarcastic or serious with this statement... because the game isn't easy at all for beginners and has a pretty big learning curve. In fact it's incredibly difficult.

No.. no it's not, Unless its a casual

I'm a Warframe vet, but I've been waiting to trade BP's forever.  So now I can give away full sets of Prime Warframes and Weapons to my friends and that makes me happy.

Maybe if I wasn't a generous person, I'd be mad.

I'm more upset about how DE just broke the game economy with these legendary cores.

Waaaah. I obtained my prime parts the hard way, everybody who ever plays the game should have just as hard of a time as I did.

Translation: For some reason them obtaining the parts easier than me affects the fact that I already have it.

They should take out void key trading too!

That way you can run a defense or survival...RNG a void key, RNG check to see if it's the key you need, run the key, RNG check to see if you get the part you need...

Yeah! RNG! That thing nobody complains about.

mmmm, no.

if you take the time to being less sarcastic and actually read, you will note that giving away the RNG this way, DE is shooting themselves in the foot.

is a pure grind game, were the only objective is to adquire gear, allowing the players to sell the "prime" gear directly it is not a good idea.

also i can sell some mods, do plat, buy prime gear BP's, did not touch the game at all, and already got the loot.

if you thinks is a awesome scheme, well, good for you, i think is one more nail in the coffin.

If NO ONE will grind the void in favor of trading for parts ... where are those parts coming from ... ?

This. So much this. Someone will have to get the part from the void at one point or another. Prime parts that people sell don't just appear out of thin air - they have to be obtained the same way they always have been. It's just now the guy with 20 orthos blades who doesn't need any and the guy with zero who can't manage to get one can get together and benefit each other.

As a vet, I don't feel like I've been slapped. So, uh...no. I guess I don't understand the mentality that "I worked hard for something so every person who ever comes after me should have it just as hard as I had it." I find that both selfish and a bit childish. If we applied that logic to the real world, technological advancement would be at a standstill. Nobody would invent something to make their lives easier because they should have it just as hard as the generation before them. And it sure as hell wouldn't work in a video game beta, Sir.

Let's imagine we don't have Prime trading, and void key trading.

Options:

1: Buy platinum, buy void keys, RNG that it's the keys you need, RNG that the key provides the prime part that you want.

2: Run Survival / Defense repeatedly, RNG chance that you get a key, RNG chance that it's even the key you want, RNG that it even provides the prime part you want.

If it's not the keys you want, or the parts you want, repeat step one or two as necessary. 

Yeah, having a solid way for everyone to get prime parts is much worse than praying to the RNG gods. Much, much, muuuuuuch worse. Because I bet when you see someone who has the same prime weapon as you, it fills you with seething rage, the thought that they obtained it much easier than you did. I can look at my prime parts and enjoy that I crafted and collected the parts myself. I won't let that feeling be diminished just because someone bought it. I don't give a damn if someone else bought it. I couldn't even care less that someone else bought it.

But I guess I must be $&*&*#(%&, because as a veteran who worked for it all, I'm obligated to yell at the younger generation of players for having it easy. Maybe I should stand on my porch with a cane and yell at them goddamn whipper snappers with their trading and their Valkyrs and how I had to walk uphill both ways in freezing rain just for a chance at a chance of getting the prime part that I wanted.

Or you know, I could just enjoy the game and not make a fuss about stupid stuff. 

Edited by Sokina

This doesn't make players who ground through DOZENS of void missions to get their parts for ONE prime item any happier that other players are playing a dozen and getting every prime item in the game.

Well they had to change it so that the future players won't have to go though so much grind. it seems rather unpleasant