Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

Or you can look at it like this...

It allows people to max out 2 cards.

Is that powerful? Yep. Is it "game-breaking" or "insane" or anything like that?

Not really.

If more maxed Serration or Heavy Caliber Mods in play are "game breaking" then likely the ones already in play are.

People need to let this go.

It is a very nice bit of compensation on DE's part for nerfing Steel Charge's Power output that people will use for various purposes but in a primarily PvE-based Shooter really isn't going to change all that much.

Or you can look at it like this...

[...]

No, forget you. I'm enraged.

Maxing out two cards takes an ETERNITY. HUNDREDS of hours of play to max out something like Serration. And these people get to do it instantly, for TWO mods - OR MORE, if they exploited it.

You can't downplay that. Nothing you say will convince me that this isn't ridiculous, because clearly the people who only had rank 6 Steel Charges got essentially the equivalent of hundreds of hours of free gear for NO EFFORT AT ALL.

Edited by Zyrusticae

top 3 players of each event, seriously, they're too powerful to give them out generously.

edit: but then again, top players of every event are usually all just exploiters, so it doesnt even feel right to reward exploitations.

Edited by leonvision

In the hardest dungeon of the most difficult endgame possible, only dropped by a boss that would be almost impossible to kill.

Now on a serious note:

These mods should not be given lightly to players, perhaps they should be given as a reward for a really hard event!?

I think announcing it didn't help the division created on the respective forums.

I think you're right about that. I mean, it was courteous, but if they hadn't, we'd be hearing arguments about DE not communicating with the player base. No one is ever happy.

So the intention was for those who ranked their Steel Charge to 6+ in the matter that they were actually using the mod, to get a form of compensation for it being nerfed right?

So what was the point of announcing the change prior to it happening? Those who deserved the compensation would have gotten but you allowed everyone who was lucky enough to be aware of the change to get a "reward" that's equivalent to around 5mil credits and 1.5k rare fusion cores. Even more if they exploited the situation and leveled multiple rank 6+ Steel Charges.

I don't think players exploited anything. It's frankly DE's mistake through and through:

the concept alone of the legendary core was a mistake, because seriously wtf;

letting players know 4 hours in advance was a mistake, because many got to jump on the bandwagon (myself included);

giving 2 Lcores for a ranked steelcharge was a mistake because 1 would already have been more than enough;

giving players more than 2 Lcores for more than 1 ranked steelcharge was also a mistake, because... do I even need to explain?

I'd gladly sacrifice my 4 Lcores to undo this OP madness.

Edited by CubedOobleck

No, forget you. I'm enraged.

Maxing out two cards takes an ETERNITY. HUNDREDS of hours of play to max out something like Serration. And these people get to do it instantly, for TWO mods - OR MORE, if they exploited it.

You can't downplay that. Nothing you say will convince me that this isn't ridiculous, because clearly the people who only had rank 6 Steel Charges got essentially the equivalent of hundreds of hours of free gear for NO EFFORT AT ALL.

does that affect you that much? actually, not at all.

do you want DE to take the cores back? not gonna happen

so, i dont want to sound rude, but what exactly do you want?

Just curious. What would you think should a player have to do in order to acquire a Legendary Core through gameplay, if they were to be an in game reward?

Event Reward that isnt for Top Tiered people

anyone who is in to at least T2 reward of a event should get it

Honestly, keep them for decorations because I'd like a reminder of one of the weirdest fiascos in Warframe's history. Besides, if i used my legendary cores on future rank 10 mods, wouldn't that kill the fun of credit farming? I need some urgency to play this game or I feel like I am just playing for goodwill, for some fantasy Tenno cause.