The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

And your argument proves that some people don't think things through before speaking. You are right, being able to max 2 mods basically cost free repays the player more than twice the credits and cores they've used on a max steel charge.

I think those unhappy players are complaining just because some other people may get more, which is illogical to me.

"hey, i'm getting more than two times its worth, for free, but that guy may get 2.5 times more its worth, not fair!" ← nope, sounds stupid to me

+1.

What irks me most is that the less-"funded" players getting 2 Legendary cores isn't going to affect other peoples' gameplay at all, and yet people still complain about them getting the items. Even though it's no more than what they're getting.

Seriously, people. Grow up.

Official thread updated.

It's 2 Cores per rank 5+ Steel Charge. So yeah, it does stack.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182094-steel-charge-update/

It needs to be at least rank 6 or up, not 5 and up. Read more carefully. Also, I don't expect they will give cores for every SC card, but maybe. Just be careful, if you go update all your SC cards, you might be crying later, lol.

Does it hurt you if people with rank 6 mods get compensated?

No butt hurt doesn't count, like does it directly negatively affect you in any way other than jimmy rustling?

If the answer is NO, then it doesn't matter.  (Hint: the answer is NO)

You're speaking nonsense. 

It's the principle. It doesn't matter if it hurts me. Who mentioned being hurt? 'No' one. It's about time spent. Someone who ranks up it to lvl 6 to reap the reward of someone who ranked up to 10 a while ago should not be getting the same reward being dished out to compensate for those who went up to 10, who are now slightly losing out on the R10 benefits. It makes no sense that those who quickly go to R6, right after this announcement, should be getting the same reward as others and those who went to R10. Saying so is pure ignorance. 

It's about principles, fairness and not supporting obvious exploitation that's going around. Frankly, I'm not that bothered but I'm definitely going to raise the obvious unfairness that is occurring.

Edited by Naith

It needs to be at least rank 6 or up, not 5 and up. Read more carefully. Also, I don't expect they will give cores for every SC card, but maybe. Just be careful, if you go update all your SC cards, you might be crying later, lol.

Dude... it still says above rank 5. It's right there. It's official thread by DE.

Did you read it?

Are you seriously so hurt by this that you are in denial? Cause I don't care about this issue either way.. I'm just stating facts here.. you know, to be helpful.

Edited by LocoWithGun

Dude... it still says above rank 5. It's right there. It's official thread by DE.

Did you read it?

Are you seriously so hurt by this that you are in denial? Cause I don't care about this issue either way.. I'm just stating facts here.. you know, to be helpful.

Please learn to read.

I don't care at all, where am I butthurt? The post I quoted was wrong, it said rank 5 cards count, they don't It's rank 6 and up. It's in the official post, that you claim to have read. Read it more carefully...or don't and leave your card at 5 and get nothing for it, I don't care lol.

Only SC cards between 6-10 get the compensation.

Easiest way to not be confusing, just post the direct lines of his post here (it was updated to include the second question we had as well):

- Players who have a rank 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 Steel Charge will receive 2 Legendary Cores

Will I get 2 Legendary Cores per Steel Charge above rank 5? 
Yes, you will get 2 Cores per Steel Charge.

I won't argue about this. The misunderstading has been cleared and I edited my post. Point still stands you get 2 cores for every core above rank 5.

Aye, when I first read his post, I either didn't see the per-SC, or he updated it later (we asked if it was per core about 50 times lol). Sorry about being snarky with you.

For the record, I have no problem with the 2 cores per card rank 6 - 10, as I don't use the trading system in this game at all. I only have one SC card, and I'm happy with getting 2 cores for it.

Plz de, only allow one upgrade per account.

Everyone with more then one above lvl 5 is just doing it because of the compensation.

Dont allow this stupid kind of progress...

Also NICE CHANGE! And a sneak peak at high level content reward? THX!

Edited by voodoov

now i'm just sad i fused multiple steel charges to get one to rank 6. so much for taking advantage of the situation. oh how fast karma bites you back in the &#!. serves me right, i guess.

Edited by Busok

Their wording already made it clear that only 2 cores per account is the deal.

Edit:  I didn't see the 2 cores per mod thing, I am blown away by how exploitative they're making this whole situation.  The trade market will be tanked for months after this.

Edited by Lediard

I know.  But don't really care because I know how to play.

You see some people are masters of modding.  They sit down with calculators,.... graphs.... and rulers....spreadsheets...  But when you play them in-game..they are the first ones down.....

Edit:  Also please don't take that as a subliminal (take it as a subliminal.)  If you want to tell why F.E for the newbies go ahead :)   Me personally, it doesn't really matter since I do majority of Survival missions with her and I never run out of energy...ever...so I dont change what works :>

I don't have to sit with calculators or anything else to see a difference in such things.

But lets do some math. A comparison between Streamline + Fleeting Expertise and Streamline + Flow. 75% power efficiency and 30% power efficiency + double max energy (I know Flow is +150% but it works only on base energy so it doubles any rank 30 frame's energy pool).

There are limited ways of getting energy, the most common two are energy siphons and energy orbs.

-With 75% power efficiency every ultimate you cast costs 25 energy. So you can use your ultimate once per energy orb or once in about 42 seconds for one maxed energy siphon in squad (21/14/10.5 for 2/3/4 siphons).

-With only 30% power efficiency your ultimate costs 70 energy so you'll need 2.8 energy orbs per one cast or 117 seconds of energy siphon (58.5/39/29) 

The ratio of 1:2.8 casts per energy gained is the same for cheaper abilties as well. This ratio is most relevant for play styles that use energy all the time and never get full energy.

What if you don't use abilities so often and let your energy stay at max and suddenly need to spam a lot?

-With 75% efficiency and 150 energy, you can cast 6 ultimate abilities.

-With 30% efficiency and 300 energy, you can cast about 4.3 ultimate abilities.

So going from max energy to 0 gets you 40% more ability casts with 75% efficiency. (Again, these ratios would be the same for any other ability or if you use a frame with 225 base energy pool.)

These comparison should be enough to convince that Fleeting Expertise and Flow aren't "fighting for the same slot" and the former is more important.

But I don't feel like Flow is useful even when combined with both Streamline and Fleeting Expertise. Getting double energy pool and 75% efficiency.

If you use the three and use abilities so often you always stay below 150 energy (or 225 depending on frame), then Flow is doing absolutely nothing for you.

If you don't use abilities so much and always stay above 150 energy, then Flow is doing absolutely nothing for you.

Unless you need to use more than 150 energy in such a short time window that you can't get more energy, Flow is doing nothing for you.

There isn't really any scenario where using Flow instead of Fleeting Expertise is the BETTER option, sure using Flow might be enough but not better.

The scenarios where using Flow with both Fleeting Expertise and Streamline would be beneficial are so rare that they're practically nonexistant, there are plenty of ways of getting more energy and needing to cast more than 6 ultimate abilities or lesser abilities for the same cost before getting that energy doesn't really happen.

There is although one "good" use for Flow. Combining it with Quick Thinking and/or Rage, those two are currently the only mechanics in game that benefit from a bigger energy pool. Quick Thinking is obvious, Rage does it because you usually take so much health damage at one time that the 150 energy pool isn't enough to hold it all, giving you actually more energy. I said "good" use because using all those slots for essentially more hp isn't very useful, good players shouldn't need more than 0-1 slots for hp/shield mods.

If a frame with channeling abilities was released that drained energy as you channel it AND channeling them for more than 150 energy would be beneficial, Flow could be more useful.