The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Fire On Afkers

Ribboz

All this would lead to is afkers making scripts to run them into the wall or something equally sad.

It's true that they will start doing things to avoid the idle detection.  But the more difficult it gets, then the less likely they are to keep trying.  If idle flag goes up for not moving, then they will script a movement.  If idle flag goes up for being in a room behind the other tenno too long, then they will start using follow scripts, (people can then lead them to their doom)  If idle flag goes up for not doing damage, then they would have to script just about everything and could be more likely caught by anti-cheat measures. (Making a computer aim and shoot is an aimbot)

Any idle detection would be nice.  Getting the opportunity to remove someone that is idling would be good.  But not a kick vote, more like the choice to keep a person if they are marked as idle, and if no one keeps them, then they get kicked.  Vote choices being left to players will get just as much abuse as it would help.

As ideas for dealing with afk/idle, this is an okay idea.  It would take the players ammunition to deal with it so they have to decide if they will go back and do somethiing, but it will still get those players downed so the rest can extract easier.  The only problem I could imagine is that being dead doesn't stop getting credit for the mission and would lead to more afk'ers going to boss missions.

All this would lead to is afkers making scripts to run them into the wall or something equally sad.

That said, afks are annoying as hell. Got queued up with one today during an infestation mission. Nobody else joined, so I just led the infested to him, let them kill him, and aborted afterwards. Not going to give some random guy who doesn't even have the courtesy to say hi or actually manually ask for help a free ride.

That's fine. We turn the AFKers into hackers who get banned. Works for me!

Yeah, this would be awesome.

Also if you are dead when the mission ends you dont get credit for it.

Untrue, you just don't get credits at the end.

I know I have been dead at the end of many missions and I still got the prime part from the void and mods I picked up, just no credits.

Had so much def missions "pre Frost shield nerf" where some people were just sitting under my globe doing nothing but leeching XP.

A kick-function would be cool, but killing them, like the Stalker does, without bleeding out, would be so much more satisfying :p

Edited by bakaxy

It's not friendly fire when you are executing Traitors/Deserters. So, this 'Friendly Fire' is even more justified!

Also, as with the OP, I play Solo and don't have a raging hate for AFK'ers, so this post is mostly a 'for fun' post.

Edited by Rengakun

i really like the idear with "captured By the enemy if you died" since well, if we look at it both the grineer are hunting the tenno, and the corpus are looking for the tenno to break apart and sell, as in how do you even survive to see the next day if you had died in the previous mission or failed the mission (if you give up the mission you pritty much surrended to the enemy and they take you in as prisoners)

Somone pls give the OP a gold medal,coz I totally agree with this idea

+1 for ur heavenly idea

I wud like to blast afkers in their face if I can...

Also,make it like this,if there's no enemy near ur proximity for about 1 minute or so,make that person shootable(no way no enemy near u for 1 min unless when u forced to find 1 mobs at the end of exterminate missions)...

It wud make this game more fun...afkers hunting...