Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Should Get Some More Oriental Weapons

Hoshigakesan

I think we need skins or entirely new weapons that are in a more oriental fashion. We could have a skin for fang that turns it into sai or a skin that turns galatine into a daikatana or even a tetsubo skin for the magistar. Please leave any other cool ideas and tell me what you think! :)

mastery rank is there so that us older players don't have to pay S#&$e ton of resources on weapons. We would have to pay extra for mastery locked weapons because otherwise it would be too easy for noobs to get the really powerful ones. So don't complain it saves you time in the long run. :)

And WHY do you need more eastern fashion weapons?  I don't see any western fashion weapons in the game. I'd prefer if they'd believably keep the style of weapons to the actual factions in the game as opposed to tailoring it to one particular group of cultures. Until there are some eastern factions in the game (and I hope there aren't, this isn't a modern, fantasy, or pre-modern Earth-based game, but a sci fi game), then no, there shouldn't be any eastern-fashioned weapons (talking skins). And if there are, they should be made to look like Corpus, Grineer, or Tenno weaponry. Primarily because it'd fit into the lore. Pretty sure that the Warframe timeline is so far removed from modern-day Earth that, obviously, nothing of its culture (save a few details like the Grineer having mag pouches) remains.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

And WHY do you need more eastern fashion weapons?  I don't see any western fashion weapons in the game. I'd prefer if they'd believably keep the style of weapons to the actual factions in the game as opposed to tailoring it to one particular group of cultures. Until there are some eastern factions in the game (and I hope there aren't, this isn't a modern, fantasy, or pre-modern Earth-based game, but a sci fi game), then no, there shouldn't be any eastern-fashioned weapons (talking skins). And if there are, they should be made to look like Corpus, Grineer, or Tenno weaponry. Primarily because it'd fit into the lore. Pretty sure that the Warframe timeline is so far removed from modern-day Earth that, obviously, nothing of its culture (save a few details like the Grineer having mag pouches) remains.

Well seeing as the game advertises players as "ninjas" yes, you could say it is a bit eastern themed.  Also, when you say their aren't any western styled weapons, mind you I'm no gun or weapon expert by any means when I say that the vasto looks a lot like a revolver and the karak looks kind of like but mostly sounds like an ak-47 (actually european I believe, not a gun expert, either way it's still western).  Also, he never said anything about "tailoring it to one particular group of cultures".  The man simply asked for some badass looking katanas or sai to get thrown in the mix.  Nothing wrong with adding content to an already awesome game.

As for my ideas (nothing special, just some weapons that could look cool with a tenno theme to them)

- Nunchaku

- Tonfas

- Sai

- Katana (skana comes close but come on DE you can make something look not like it would break after hitting a steel robot one time)

Edited by Zanither

In case you guys didn't already know. There are Bladed Tonfas being added to the game. And there also plans on making Katana and Wakizashi weapons in game (Wakizashi is a shorter katana, more common for ninjas. Katanas were mostly for Samurai)

awesome

On the subject of more western orientated weapons: Galatine = european greatsword, Karak = AK-47 M16 hybrid, Magnus and vasto are both revolvers, the Gorgon is quite like an M60 LMG, Grinlok is a lever action, Ignis is a flamethrower, Latron is like an M14, there are also many shotguns (which are very western in fashion), Ogris is quite like that boxy four shot rocket launcher from vietnam, Lex is based (in my belief) off a desert eagle/M1911/USP hybrid (M1911 is american and the other two are popular in america), and not to mention the machete and dual cleavers. Also the tenno are very oriental inspired so tenno style weapons WOULD BE ORIENTAL STYLE. Grineer are very western and industrial inspired and corpus are more of a tech focused branch of humanity that relates mostly to latin due to their use of it in names and their latin/kanji-ish language.

On the subject of more western orientated weapons: Galatine = european greatsword, Karak = AK-47 M16 hybrid, Magnus and vasto are both revolvers, the Gorgon is quite like an M60 LMG, Grinlok is a lever action, Ignis is a flamethrower, Latron is like an M14, there are also many shotguns (which are very western in fashion), Ogris is quite like that boxy four shot rocket launcher from vietnam, Lex is based (in my belief) off a desert eagle/M1911/USP hybrid (M1911 is american and the other two are popular in america), and not to mention the machete and dual cleavers. Also the tenno are very oriental inspired so tenno style weapons WOULD BE ORIENTAL STYLE. Grineer are very western and industrial inspired and corpus are more of a tech focused branch of humanity that relates mostly to latin due to their use of it in names and their latin/kanji-ish language.

+1 because you pretty much hit all the basic weapons and their origins.

Well seeing as the game advertises players as "ninjas" yes, you could say it is a bit eastern themed.  Also, when you say their aren't any western styled weapons, mind you I'm no gun or weapon expert by any means when I say that the vasto looks a lot like a revolver and the karak looks kind of like but mostly sounds like an ak-47 (actually european I believe, not a gun expert, either way it's still western).  Also, he never said anything about "tailoring it to one particular group of cultures".  The man simply asked for some badass looking katanas or sai to get thrown in the mix.  Nothing wrong with adding content to an already awesome game.

As for my ideas (nothing special, just some weapons that could look cool with a tenno theme to them)

- Nunchaku

- Tonfas

- Sai

- Katana (skana comes close but come on DE you can make something look not like it would break after hitting a steel robot one time)

Yeah, you've got a point. If there are more eastern themed weapons, then I want them to go all out. I want a thinner male ninja-esque frame. Not Nekros this, but a little bit thinner than Excalibur.

"Ninjas play free."

That's all you need to know.

Pretty sure that the Warframe timeline is so far removed from modern-day Earth that, obviously, nothing of its culture (save a few details like the Grineer having mag pouches) remains.

You should take a look at some of the dojo decorations. The Tenno, billed as space ninjas, (heck, even the term dojo), coming across as honorable warriors, and carrying melee weapons with them at all times... no, but seriously, look in the dojo. Incense burners, the various plants and rock sculptures, drums, statues (including a few with obviously-eastern origins), bridges, arches, fountains, and Japanese gardens (yes, Japanese gardens do look like that). Heck, even the koi fish.

water-irises-and-boardwalk-in-a-japanese

Does this look familiar?

To me, Tenno are very reminiscent of ninjas and samurai.

You should take a look at some of the dojo decorations. The Tenno, billed as space ninjas, (heck, even the term dojo), coming across as honorable warriors, and carrying melee weapons with them at all times... no, but seriously, look in the dojo. Incense burners, the various plants and rock sculptures, drums, statues (including a few with obviously-eastern origins), bridges, arches, fountains, and Japanese gardens (yes, Japanese gardens do look like that). Heck, even the koi fish.

water-irises-and-boardwalk-in-a-japanese

Does this look familiar?

To me, Tenno are very reminiscent of ninjas and samurai.

Yeah, I know that stuff's in there, but seems out of place to me, given the Tenno's origins. Not sure how it fits within the lore, that's all.

For the people saying that the Tenno origins are not oriental, we don't really know their origins, they could be japanese neo-space-ninjas or they could be robots, we just don't really know. Either way they are oriental themed regardless of their origins.

Edit: we don't know their origins... Yet... 

Edited by Hoshigakesan

We are already ninja enough. 

But more ninja styled melee weapons will be fine.

Anyway if you really want to be patronizing, sniper rifles are the closest to the old Japanese rifles that both ninjas and samurais used too. So it is perfectly ninja to run around with a sword, sniper rifle and kunai/despair/hikou.

Edited by fatpig84

You have no idea how hard I hit my head facepalming. to be rude, your stupid. If you think that the Tenno arent based off of Japanese Ninja/Samurai then where have you been looking when you play the game, the Tenno Dojo(even Dojo is japanese) all the decorations in the Dojo are all based off of Japanese and Chinese decor. "ninjas play free" term DE uses in their trailers. The way the Tenno kneel. YES the Tenno are 85% based off of Oriental Culture and Symbolism. Before you go spiting Nonsense go get your facts straight. 

BTW a Katana and a Wakizashi have been queued to be added to the game, probably will be added once Melee 2.0 comes out, or shortly after.

For the people saying that the Tenno origins are not oriental, we don't really know their origins, they could be japanese neo-space-ninjas or they could be robots, we just don't really know. Either way they are oriental themed regardless of their origins.

Edit: we don't know their origins... Yet... 

I would recommend you play "Dark Sector", a game from 2009 developed by DE - and is canon to the Warframe universe. It gives at least detail to the possible "creation" of Warframes, starting from where they got their namesake as "Tenno".