Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Sprinting Affect Survival Mode Life Support Depletion?

(PSN)Hooligonzo

Because that's the rumor I'm encountering in a group right now, and it has that ounce of plausibility that's giving it traction with the group.

Two nights ago, I went 40 minutes in a Survival game and nobody thought twice about sprinting; we were running all over the place.  Tonight, some folks insist it's integral strategy to hit the 30 minute mark.

So what's the truth; Does sprinting affect Life Support, or is this a hilarious rumor?

As far as im aware this is a completely ridiculous rumor, pretty sure life support is just a timer. Everyone always runs all over the place though generally in the same room so spawns arent spread massively.

Edited by Jag272

When Survival was first released, people started spreading rumors that sprinting would deplete Oxygen quicker. Hell, even a ComMod believed it. After the ComMod got some REAL info from DE themselves, he confirmed that sprinting DOES NOT deplete Oxygen quicker.

I guess the rumor really did stick with parts of the community.

It's something that was apparently true at the very first appearance of survival as an event, but was removed--you can test yourself, try standing for 10 seconds, recording your % before and after. Then try sprinting for 10 seconds. The depletion is the same.

The only things I've noticed that affect the timer at all are broken windows and downed players. Broken windows seem to give a *slight* boost to how fast LS depletes(about an extra 2% per 10 seconds), and a downed player appears to change the drain rate from 1.5 seconds per percent to 1 second per percent. Both can be easily remedied, though.

Yeah, none of this added up to me.

I didn't want to say it was straight up false until I at least had more input from other players, because, like I said, it has a bare ounce of plausibility.  That ounce went contrary to what I'd experienced myself, but there's a difference between thinking something and knowing something.

It's still a hilarious rumor.  Well-crafted, really.

It's something that was apparently true at the very first appearance of survival as an event, but was removed--you can test yourself, try standing for 10 seconds, recording your % before and after. Then try sprinting for 10 seconds. The depletion is the same.

The only things I've noticed that affect the timer at all are broken windows and downed players. Broken windows seem to give a *slight* boost to how fast LS depletes(about an extra 2% per 10 seconds), and a downed player appears to change the drain rate from 1.5 seconds per percent to 1 second per percent. Both can be easily remedied, though.

Ok, so we need a guy with penta to repeat suicide and DO NOT REZ HIM UNTIL HE IS NEAR DEAD

LETS DO THIS PEOPLE