Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx: The Worst Warframe In The Game

Etsoree

You should sell her as obviously she is not what are you expecting of her to be.

Mind Control- great. If you know what which type of mob is capable of, it is great power.

PBolts- horrible. Shouldnt even be part of Nyx power set.

Chaos- best cc power in game. Should i even explain how useful Chaos is.

Absorb- 2 000 000 damage isnt enough for you?

i think he is trying to protect nyx from nerf by saying she is bad and her best ability is Pbolts... or this is just another troll thread

The whining is strong enough for Nyx to likely get hit with the nerf bat due to a buff no one asked for. Isn't balancing interesting?With the 12 formas that have gone into my nuke Nyx build I kind of look forward to it because more and more lately I see newby Nyxs sitting in their bubbles for a minute at a time doing absolutely nothing.

Just asking, is it regarded as troll if i just disarm the enemies that were shooting at you? Consistency and damage wise, as they are stunned for a bit and have to run to you, and don't even shoot anymore.

No it isn't. Even if you are in a really high level (you should be disarming anyway) Nyx should not be using absorb to build DPS through enemy fire that is what Penta Castanas and team mates are for. Even at high level not using RD makes you a S#&$ty Loki player. RD itself helps bring the mobs closer into to be hit by the absorb (which has limited range). At higher levels melee mobs still hit like a truck so there is not issue when weapon scaling goes out the window..On a side note it can extend the chaos effect at higher levels where mobs tend to kill each other too fast. 

DO not second guess RD unless you have Necro that is not desecrate in the squad. Even then do not second guess RD. Just use it and save someone from being 1 shot.

-Snip-

I see what you're getting at. But Nyx is also...

*One of the few frames that scales to any level, since her abilities are based on her enemies

*Able to cause any enemy to stop at her feet and kill someone else

*Avoid major combat (without turning invisible)

*Able to convert a powerful enemy such as an Ice-Leader and use it against her enemies

Nyx lacks in damage, so she relies on weapons instead. Some abilities could use a tweak, I admit, but no buffs. She's at a pretty fair spot, in my opinion. Although, you're welcome to have your own beliefs. This is simply what I think.

Also, I would have to agree that Psychic Bolts is helpful, but it sadly doesn't scale, nor does it have a huge bleed chance. It has its uses, but I wouldn't push my luck relying on it only.

• 1 month later...

Probably you're not playing Nyx correctly, her role isnt always about damage. Nyx could turn the tide of the battle as in she is a Supportive warframe.

If theres a warframe you dont use, or cant play properly with since you're not compatible or comfortable with that warframe's roles, dont bother to play as it.

Probably you're not playing Nyx correctly, her role isnt always about damage. Nyx could turn the tide of the battle as in she is a Supportive warframe.

If theres a warframe you dont use, or cant play properly with since you're not compatible or comfortable with that warframe's roles, dont bother to play as it.

Why. Why did you necro this.

Hopefully everyone Isn't defending Nyx because she is beautiful...

Lots of pent up anger about Nyx being a crappy frame btw...

There is some parts of me where I believe Nyx is a terrible frame... but I believe you(the first thread) missed the key points of why Chaos is bad...

Chaos is terrible because if you run T4 (survival) s as much as I did when I was looking for Loki Prime, a basic Loki did 4x better CC with radial disarm, and I ran with a Nova which made my Nyx useless.

I found a quote... lol..

Nyx is the best warframe.

Even better than loki

Loki is much better because if built right, he can spam the living crap out of the 4 button. He can use his abilities on new and old mobs. His stun is also as good as nyx's chaos stun... BTW... The guys that are within nyx's chaos stun can still throw nades that one shot you unknowingly... unlike Loki's radial Disarm...

Why is Nyx's Chaos so bad? When all but one mob is dead (last one hiding), more spawn, your basically stuck waiting for the cooldown of chaos and you have a new batch of enemies to deal with. I agree with the duration thing, the tradeoffs on what you want really depend on the cooldown...

Some counterarguments that I've seen made...

"Turn their DPS against them"

Yes, they are one shotting us at 60 mins+ but... We only have 1000 health/shields... my boltor prime that does 1k/shot is taking one full clip to kill a heavy. How long would you think it would take for them to kill their own kind? waiting till you run out of oxygen thats how long...

All that aside... Nyx does have her potentials in other places where killing is linear. I.E. Exterminate(however exterminates are a joke). Your going one way-from the beginning to the end, few mobs are going to attack you from behind.

Desecrate

Welcome to Farmville?

Any frame will have special cases in which they really shine. I like all the frames. We are not in mortal danger deciding what suit of armour to take into mortal combat in the arena, we are supposed to be playing a game and having fun.

Note that this is entirely my opinion and my standpoints on the game.

Here's what I think about Nyx. She's just God awful.

Her health and shields, while yes, may be higher than some of the other "caster" 'Frames ( Vauban, Nova ), her armor is completely lacking. Yes, I know that there has to be some falloff in a Warframe's abilities, but giving her higher health and shields while lower base armor, a HUGE amount of a difference, is just depressing. She even moves slower than some of them while having a slimmer physical appearance.

Her powers? I do see the uses in them but I hate them, except for Psychic Bolts, the only actual fun one I think she has.

MIND CONTROL : Worthless. It targets one enemy and is a weaker/stronger form of Chaos. Weaker in the sense of being limited to one target out of every single enemy out there, and stronger in a sense of where the enemy shouldn't attack you ( bugs may cause it to attack you ). Targets die too fast to make this even worth using, and on higher level missions ( 40+ ) you may as well just use Chaos.

PSYCHIC BOLTS : You can make these potentially very powerful but at the cost of using up a ton of energy per cast, which makes this her only power even worth using for direct damage-dealing due to that concept being balanced. Yet, still, even if you try to make it a full-on damage build for these only, you lack completely in every other department if you plan on using any of her other powers. The targeting on them is very limited: tracking, but still, the game is a beta, so that can be forgiven, even though they still don't track all too well at all.

CHAOS : God... this power, it causes me stress to no end. I can see its uses. It makes enemies attack their allies/their enemies at random. It prevents the team from being attacked more. It causes enemies to react to their former allies as now enemies, causing them to run about and take cover, causing even more stress being pulled off the players.

I personally think this is one of the two worst abilities in this game, the other being Absorb.

It was very badly done. It has strengths and weaknesses, balanced, but not something Warframe should use. The ability itself does not give anyone XP if killed while under the status effect ( possible bug ), and the ability itself cannot be used again until the effect wears off or if all enemies under the effect dies, being a "balance" in on itself. The ability is only useful at higher levels, much like Mind Control ( 50+ ), and is pretty much a stronger version of Mind Control, though you can compare many abilities to one another easily. No matter what you try to completely max out on the ability, it suffers somehow ( duration against range against efficiency ). If you try to max range as well it takes away from being able to physically see where enemies are at, easily losing potential drops, and still losing XP.

ABSORB : The worst ability in this game, even worse than Chaos. It has no use at all, unless the person playing as Nyx is about to get downed. The meditation state where you're actually absorbing damage either lasts far, far too long, or far too short. I would assume that players would max their power cards out for a Warframe on abilities they want to use, but even so, a 10 second long duration just with the power itself maxed out and no other effects against duration is way too long. By that time other enemies are killed very, very easily. You cannot use the argument of it's only good at higher levels here due to other far more useful powers being able to be used instead, INCLUDING Chaos ( Bastille, Vortex, Radial Disarm, Stomp, ect. ). 

Duration, high or low aside, if maxed, causes the ability a lot more harm than good. Its max base damage, modded correctly, is high I would say, but the strength it has against that base range ( maxed power card range ) if you ignore everything else is awful. Even the max range the ability has, modded correctly, is horrible, and makes the base damage it has almost as low as Psychic Bolts. An ultimate ability should not be that weak, even though it reflects damage back at enemies. 

I've probably forgot to list some of my key points here but I think that my statement has been made: Nyx is the worst Warframe in this game and needs a complete overhaul.

*EDIT*

People seem to be missing my point of that her powers are outclassed, far outclassed in what they're supposed to do, by other 'Frames.

This is not a troll thread.

*MORE EDIT*

I HAVE played as her and I HAVE leveled her to 30. I have tried many different builds on her, and no matter what, it seems underpowered and not really useful in many situations at all. Underclassed, underpowered. I do not need to "L2P" her.

This is still not a troll thread.

I personally don't like Nyx due to her lack of effective offensive style, along with oberon