Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exclusives Megathread (The Eternal Struggle Of Giving A Damn And Not Giving A Damn About Event Items)

Mateus_ex_Machina

Don't forget the fact that Those who participated still got the blueprint for brakk, those who sided mainly on Grineer side got the Supercharged version. 

Well i guess i should stop going after prime items since they're all reskins :/ 

Im not forgetting anything. The dude said he spent a certain amount of time during the event and another is saying that his statement is false based on his idea on how a certain person should have played the event which OBVIOUSLY not how it was played by every single player. 

The minimum requirement or how the weapon was distributed to the loosing side has nothing to do with the amount of time he said he played.

i agree with OP's point. As someone with 500+ hours and mastery 15, the absolute last thing to get me on at this point is exclusives, make it so peopel can reget those, im gone. im also guessing a lot of other vets are as well. 

i want to bring up another exclusives that should be brought back up. branton and lato vandals. obviously the rarest exclusives right now because they are the oldest and the first. so if any exclusive is coming back out it should be those two first. 

So...you don't like the idea of exclusives being obtainable again but, since you know some are coming back, you want the ones that were given out as gifts to the game's early players (which I assume was before you started) to also be made available?

Hmm...nothing wrong with this picture.

Edited by Ailith

The fact that it is considered one of the best side-arms available isn't the problem that it's too strong, it's that everything else in the game is too weak.

Somethnig people seem to forget is: NOT ALL WEAPONS ARE EQUIL!!!

These people who scream "Overpowered! Nerf all the things! Make them all equivelent!" need to realise that they're not supposed to be! some things are supposed to be stronger than others, otherwise, why have more things? if you want everything to be the same, then why not just delete everyone and give everyone a single frame, a single pistol, a single rifle, a single shotgun, and a couple of different melee weapons. surely that makes way more sense than trying to make everying equil.

The strength, and power of an object within the game should be proportional to the ammount of hard work, time, and resourced that went into obtaining it.

This.

The rest of the weapons are so bad that people who couldn't get the Brakk are trying to get it now. Personally, I don't have a Brakk and I don't mind not having it. It's a reward for those who spent HOURS farming tedious missions so they should keep it.

I don't really need Brakk Wraith (omg-powa-gambreaking), but i fight on the Gradivus, and they are not.

Just give it a TF2 treatment

UNUSUAL VINTAGE BRAKK

A gift by General Sargas Ruk for the Tennos that fought

alongside the Grineer during the Mars Invasion

Effect: Green Confetti

ahuehuhuehuehuehue

huehue

This!

Edited by letir

The fact that it is considered one of the best side-arms available isn't the problem that it's too strong, it's that everything else in the game is too weak.

Somethnig people seem to forget is: NOT ALL WEAPONS ARE EQUIL!!!

These people who scream "Overpowered! Nerf all the things! Make them all equivelent!" need to realise that they're not supposed to be! some things are supposed to be stronger than others, otherwise, why have more things? if you want everything to be the same, then why not just delete everyone and give everyone a single frame, a single pistol, a single rifle, a single shotgun, and a couple of different melee weapons. surely that makes way more sense than trying to make everying equil.

The strength, and power of an object within the game should be proportional to the ammount of hard work, time, and resourced that went into obtaining it.

Not all weapons will be equal given how the game is structured, but you can come close. And this argument always seems to forget that weapons work differently from one another. Not every weapon needs to be a Penta, of course, but compare a Latron Prime to, say, a Phage. Two excellent weapons. They also play nothing like each other.

If the Brakk were to return, I say a special Wraith skin (with no stat changes) should be given to the original owners, or some other marker of status. Either that, or make the new method for obtaining it somehow just as tedious as the Gravidus method.

not everyone can steamroll through missions. I'm a casual player, I don't have all maxed frames and weapons, and maxed mods on those frames and weapons. and I went with a pre-made group of friends, no PUGs with awesome gear, so yes, it took me 15mins+ per mission.

I'm a casual player. You don't need a maxed frame or weapons to do those missions in under 15 minutes. If you had a premade you should have been quicker. I was pugging them in leveling gear with poor mods (serration would have been around rank 5, nothing decent maxed) and if it took more than 5-7 minutes for a run then I was slacking.

A huge basis of your argument is the time it took you to earn it and the perceived value of that time. That whole argument fails if it took you easily double the amount of time it should have to run the missions.

An event exclusive weapon being the best in class is a problem. It gives people something to whine about. This is compounded by the number of threads that start "How should I improve my build?" and within 5 posts someone has said "get a brakk". That is what makes people want it.

You can argue if brakk should be nerfed or other weapons buffed. Ultimately it makes no difference as you're bringing them in line. What should decide the treatment is how tough the enemies are. If you buff everything to brakk and the enemies are rendered useless, wrong move. Equally if you nerf brakk to match other secondaries and they become useless, wrong move. The key is balance.

The more you post, the more it seems to boil down to you not wanting your special toy nerfed or given to everyone else. Ie you're just whining.

Quite the opposite in warframe. Generally, the most powerful weapons are obtained simply by joining a clan or getting a BP off the market

(Soma, Synapse, etc.)

Be fair to those clan weapons though. Some of them require as many as 5 or 6 Mutigen mass/Fieldron/Detonite Injetor. Those things arn't cheap or easy to build. each requirring a control module, a hunk of salvage, and 250 plastids. When I was farming for those, 250 plastids was the biggest killer, it'd often take me 2 days to build each because It took me that long to find 250 plastids, so 10 days just farming up enough parts to build an ogris

So, each of those cost 30k to build, that's 150k plus BP cost, which can be 15k or 50k for some infested weapons, then the build cost.

Plus 1 or 2 forma! buy those for 2 plat, or farm for them, or blueprints.

Yeah, those clan weapons are A LOT of  work.

Those these days you can just monitor the invasions, then swoop when a good reward crops up, Invasions completely changed the way the game works, but that's another story.

I had to work very hard in the game to get the Brakk, Sure the event ran for a while week, but it was during the middle of a work week. Within that week, you needed to win 100 missions, devoting all my free time to it, lets say 4 hours a night, for 7 days.

Well people who wanted to get the Detron in the Gradvius Dilema had to do that and more but they still didn't get it until a few months later with the harvester miniboss. DE slapped Corpus supporters in the face by not giving the Detron to Corpus supporters at the end of Gradvius Dilema and then a few months past before they did the Harvestor miniboss with really terrible rng only to drop a crappy version of the brakk besides you had the Brakk for a few months already. 

Weren't the Vandal weapons confirmed as never coming back?  Other than that and founder stuff everything else could be rereleased though.  Also, isn't it stupid to argue that people shouldn't have access to a weapon because it's too good?  Also no weapon is supposed to be better or worse than another.  They should all be of equal strength but suited for different gameplay styles.  If the Brakk is good then that's all the more reason that everyone should have access to it.

Why would I go waste hours of my life completing an event if I can get the reward for it, sooner, via an easier way?

I mean, if there are easier ways to get an exclusive event item in a few months after the event, why would I still tire myself doing the event for hours? I'd rather wait.

Exclusive rewards kinda forces us to play the repetitive event for hours even after we lose the fun of playing it. If we can do get the same exclusive rewards in easier and less repetitive ways (like simply getting a deathmark), I see no point in killing myself grinding like crazy. I'm not a masochist for nothing.

Edited by HARDCORE_RESETH2015

Only really seeing this as a thread of OP being afraid of more Brakk nerfs if the masses got it, with exclusivity being thrown almost like an afterthought reasoning of why it shouldn't be released.

Also no weapon is supposed to be better or worse than another.  They should all be of equal strength but suited for different gameplay styles. 

If only it really worked like that. DE's going with tiered weaponry.

so all the counter arguments are basically people stamping there feet and saying "if you do that then I leave cause I wont feel special anymore"

while the otherside states that its a major limiter on there sidearm choices to simply have the best sidearm for close combat unavailable for them with NOTHING coming close to that level of punch.....

hmm wonder which side im gonna vote for