Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Fire Weapons, Why?

Oriviagene

i was wondering why weapons like stug,ogris,penta,and now castanas is made to be able to hurt the user?

what's the point of adding that system in this game?

because sometimes it's kinda annoying while playing solo,when the weapon's too powerful it's able to kill urself in 1 shot if u're accidentally shot it/detonated when u're nearby(there's a time when u forgot about where did u just place ur bomb/castanas)

why don't just make players invulnerable from their own explosive weapon?

thx

ur comments appreciated except jokes...

"With great power comes great responsibility..." -Voltaire and Spiderman's Uncle (Err Uncle Ben...)

These hazardous weapons exist because of the risk/reward ideology.  You're really not supposed to spam them carefree, like rifles, etc.

In real life all weapons are dangerous.  You can be sure that misfiring a rocket launcher or a toxic goo gun will kill you allot faster than shooting yourself in the foot with a pistol.

=)

Edited by sushidubya

Risk/reward. All of these weapons are rather powerful and one of their only drawbacks is that you have to be careful while using them.

You risk using the weapon, so you also risk killing yourself, but if you manage to be careful enough you get rewarded with tons of damage over a large area.

There has to be some reason NOT to use them.  As opposed to making them outright superior to anything else in the game.

Granted I know balance isn't this games strong suit, I'd still really rather not make Orgis or Penta so powerful with so much ammo and zero drawbacks.

Explosions tend to be that way. A lot of AOE weapons hurt you (except Ignis but that is a cone AOE in front of you)

I wanna say that with alot of damage over an area, you have your risk and rewards. I don't hate it and it makes bombs feel realistic.

If you die alot on solo I suggest not using those weapons while on solo or bringing a Trinity.

A Rhino will do but as you get stronger you will one shot yourself even with iron skin on.

Edited by Anatolius

Well we wouldnt want rockets,explosive kunais,arrows to be spammed about right?

and why wouldnt it be? its a bomb, try detonating one near you, might learn something.

p.s I was kidding, please stay away from bombs.

Edited by Fammia

It prevents you from simply waiting for a crowd to gather around you and shooting at your feet. And considering the damage is made on an area instead of a single target and the damage can be quite substantial, having the ability to panic nuke yourself to clear any threat around you would be too abusive.

happens today when i was throwing castanas upward,1 of it accidentally sticks to my sentinel and i don't know if it was stuck on my carrier,so i right click and instantly downed >.<

the castanas throwing accuracy is a little different between right hand and left hand :(

i want at least it'll leave player with 1 hp left when actually it kills players >.<

so even it's not killing players the player won't abuse it

Edited by Godhands

It's the only limit of their use. Without this factor there'll be absolutely no point for using anything other than that : enormous, ridiculous AOE damages with no drawbacks, are you trolling us ?

(nota : I don't use them because I hate to suicide myself, I let these ultra powerfull weapons for others, have fun... I have a 4 formaed Penta in my stash)

Super Jump wants a word. :D

Super Jump doesn't do innate damage and requires a mod (Heavy Impact) to have an AoE effect or an heavy melee weapon for a slam attack of any decent effect.

Besides, since it's essentially a combo (Super Jump + shoot rocket down) and you end up out of the range of the blast, the OP's point of removal of self-damage then becomes moot.

Edited by Wiegraf

If the ability to suicide via the Penta and the Ogris were removed, I would say that they would absolutely need a severe nerf. They do an absurd amount of damage and have insane ammo efficiency. Their single target damage is quite good, topping that of a LOT of other primaries, and they aren't even single target weapons.

some would argue that even with the current self damage system, 

the negative side of the weapon still does not offset their high damage and ammo efficiency.

but that's another topic to discuss.

anyway~~~ if we are turning off the friendly fire on those weapons, then a huge nerf on their power and ammo count would be warranted.

If the ability to suicide via the Penta and the Ogris were removed, I would say that they would absolutely need a severe nerf. They do an absurd amount of damage and have insane ammo efficiency. Their single target damage is quite good, topping that of a LOT of other primaries, and they aren't even single target weapons.

Those weapons are too powerful to be used without friendly fire on the user. They would be too effective in medium/close range and render everything else useless. This is not a Warframe thing by the way, it's basic balance in other games too.

Edited by Hyunsai

As it is the only thing that prevents the Ogris or Penta from being used in close to medium ranges is the self damage. If you remove the self damage you let them be used at point blank use, and considering the damage that they can do to large groups they would become far too powerful. Their only drawback (and its relatively minor) is that you can only safely used it at longer ranges without either killing or severely hurting yourself.

IF you want them to remove the self damage then they would have to severely nerf the weapon for it to be acceptable. And I doubt many people want to see that happen.

All I wanted/wish is only those explosive weapon only left us with no shield and 1 hp left...

Or maybe 1 hp and stopped recharging shield for short time

So ppl will still be careful when using those weapons

Accidents happen :)

So we wudn't waste revives just like when we're accidentally owned by our weapons and downed while nobody around and ur team mate is far away...