The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question To The Community , Would Something Similar Be Cool In The Game ? Video In Description

Deidaku

Yes ; Motherf*ckign  tenno vs tanks , to me it's lacking, the grineer and corpus  have gigantic ships, a lot of drilling machinery but no even one tank....NOT ONE?

What do you guys think? Should it or could it be implemented at later stages in the game.? And if so AS a heavy  unit? or a mini boss?

Edited by Deidaku

definitely need more mini bosses, but how would it be implimented

My guess , Tanks and vehicules only appear on planets like Phobos ( not earth ,no space for tanks) . or in the hangars of the very large ships , iin invasion maps => grineer engineers trying to fix it 

Corpus could have exosuits instead ( less armor but faster firerate and movement , and can spwn in any corpus map ) 

repair_robot_by_neisbeis-d4j11na.jpg

and Hello DERebecca !

Edited by Deidaku

I always thought it'd make a lot of sense for the Grineer and Corpus to resort to using things like tanks and small fighter craft to try to take down Tenno.  They would make for some sweet minibosses or environmental hazards.  Just picture some artillery up on a mountain in the forest tileset, firing down at you, or an attack ship making sweeping passes over the gorge in the arctic tileset.

Would be neat to just run into a room and find a tank blocking the way, too.  Door locks down behind you, tank starts firing various mounted weapons...  In the limited space you suddenly find yourself with actual reason to aim + double-tap shift to do backflips and side rolls, taking advantage of weapon cooldown times on the tank to blow up each mounted gun individually.

Edited by AhziDahaka

I always thought it'd make a lot of sense for the Grineer and Corpus to resort to using things like tanks and small fighter craft to try to take down Tenno.  They would make for some sweet minibosses or environmental hazards.  Just picture some artillery up on a mountain in the forest tileset, firing down at you, or an attack ship making sweeping passes over the gorge in the arctic tileset.

Yees exactly! I mean how many clones or crewmen have to die before they get out the big guns?

And  parkour skill would be essential to your survival , a worthy challenge :D

Edited by Deidaku

One map that is a big long boss fight against a tank or fighter craft having to move through the map to avoid its attacks and then at some areas having a moment to attack it its weak points before having to go back to areas you're dodging. Could be a rather fun mission type I think.

One map that is a big long boss fight against a tank or fighter craft having to move through the map to avoid its attacks and then at some areas having a moment to attack it its weak points before having to go back to areas you're dodging. Could be a rather fun mission type I think.

I think PSO2 has that, almost the whole map is the boss itself : 

Would be neat to just run into a room and find a tank blocking the way, too.  Door locks down behind you, tank starts firing various mounted weapons...  In the limited space you suddenly find yourself with actual reason to aim + double-tap shift to do backflips and side rolls, taking advantage of weapon cooldown times on the tank to blow up each mounted gun individually.

this idea would be really neat

it could easily integrate into the current tile-system, just being one tile with the miniboss that can randomly appear

however, you cannot lock the doors behind the players, if you got one or two rushers the squad would be split with one/two ppl having nothing to do

could be remedied by having quad-doors (similar to current friendship-doors), but those would be a dead giveaway

alternatively, the tank could only "power up" once all 4 members reach the room, similar to the jackal

as for fighting the tank in itself, it should be along the lines of "kill guns while they reload", if you could damage parts of it at any time you would have ppl just unloading a few soma-shots into each gun and done, which would kinda suck

Yes ; Motherf*ckign  tenno vs tanks , to me it's lacking, the grineer and corpus  have gigantic ships, a lot of drilling machinery but no even one tank....NOT ONE?

What do you guys think? Should it or could it be implemented at later stages in the game.? And if so AS a heavy  unit? or a mini boss?

xD

I know, I know. Space Ninjas

But that is painfully unrealistic 

I know, I know. Space Ninjas

But that is painfully unrealistic 

Space ninjas :p , Come on we have one that can stop time, Many of them can teleport ,, they can all deflect bullets , they are all invunerable to fall damage , aaaand can resist the vaccum of space ........so screw realism :p

this idea would be really neat

it could easily integrate into the current tile-system, just being one tile with the miniboss that can randomly appear

however, you cannot lock the doors behind the players, if you got one or two rushers the squad would be split with one/two ppl having nothing to do

could be remedied by having quad-doors (similar to current friendship-doors), but those would be a dead giveaway

alternatively, the tank could only "power up" once all 4 members reach the room, similar to the jackal

as for fighting the tank in itself, it should be along the lines of "kill guns while they reload", if you could damage parts of it at any time you would have ppl just unloading a few soma-shots into each gun and done, which would kinda suck

Or the tank weakspots could be immune to some type of damage ( 1 part is puncture invulnerable while another needs to be damaged with impact etc) 

YES please,

but, one thing in my mind..

Isn't that, going to be a little similar to Titanfall

How so? Mechs are everywhere , not just in titanfall , hell the picture i chose for the corpus exosuits is concept art from another game!