Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Technician Mechasuit Concept [Feedback Please]

arch111

Hi everyone!

I know I am not alone in wanting the Corpus forces to get some love and attention. One idea of mine, and many others, have been to redo the Tech from just a giant human into a proper Heavy unit.

There have been ideas to an exoskeleton like in the movie Aliens. I thought about this and came to the conclusion that it just is not my thing.

So instead I came up with a robotic suit that the Tech climbs into and pilots. It maked him bigger, but the goal would be to remain equal in size to the Napalm Grineer.

This is the basic I have so far. One arm is weaponized, the other a artificial hand. On the back rests Ospray constuction and deployment racks.

I need feedback please! Where to go from here?

3dbb7e76c50f8642b6492ecc862d0c0d-d78068r

Edited by arch111

Corpus Tech are indeed on the tables for a change, but this really does not fit in with the art style.

Then they just need to make it so. But then I ask you, since you're the one giving the comment, how does it not fit the art style, and how should the OP proceed to make it fit more, in your opinion?

I'm not opposing your statement nor am I agreeing with you; I'm genuinely asking this. However, the OP asked for feedback, and the minimal criticism you gave doesn't bring much to the table right now.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Yes, the goal is to get the ball rolling. This is a base estimate of how it could be.

As for color, number limbs, armament, I'm open for all and any suggestions!

The trick is to just not do a Corpus Napalm.

In terms of colors, I think a darker palette like you did could be fitting if he still uses the Supra. If you look at Supra's default color, it's a slick dark grey paint. However, I do agree that it needs more saturated/brighter colors on certain parts. You may take inspiration from the current Techs' color too if you want.

Though I love your design a lot and it's a great first concept, I think you can also take inspiration further by looking at a specific thing in Corpus Technology: their robotics. Unlike their weaponry and helmets, their robotics (MOAs, Ospreys, Zanuka, Hyenas, Jackal) all seem to have nice round alloy plates on the cover, with more blocky materials under certain areas like the back of MOA's thighs. Even Alad V has "round" gears on him, though he's unique by himself.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

I am allso curious how you all feel about armor alloys.

So far we have seen hard metall on ships and structures

The robots however are shiny in places. I wonder if Corpus would use the same idea this, making it truly unique among the soldiers.

So, shiny yes or no in yop?

I'm kinda on the fence. It's a great piece and the idea of Techs in heavily armed battlesuits is sweet, but it doesn't seem very Corpus. I imagine if a crewman were to use an exo-suit/skeleton it wouldn't be a combat suit, but rather some kind of cargo loader or ship repair suit that they just happen to use to fight you since they were already operating it and taking on a murderous space ninja in an armored suit with a welding laser is slightly more practical than charging them with a prod. I'd imagine they'd sooner invest in fully automated proxies over combat-suits since the crewman themselves aren't really fighters.

Still though, I guess it's not completely out of the question for the Corpus to invest a few million to let themselves go God-mode on the Tenno, so I support an overhaul for the Tech none-the-less. It'd be neat if they could actually repair robots, either with the aforementioned welding laser or just by generating a Shield Osprey-esque aura.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Thank you for the feedback.

As I see it, DE can downsize the Tech, do nothing.

They can give them a suit to explain their big size.

They can replace them with a proxy.

Now, I agree it does not fit, they are not space marines.

But the Tech is armed, he launches drones. The one we got is wrong too.

The alternative would be a repair and construction suit, perhaps hovering.

Or like Dock Ock from Spiderman, several cyberlimbs and all that.

My point is, no one likes the current Corpus, not even a fan like me.

So lets give DE some ideas, shall we :D ??