Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Soma Is Op! What The Hell O.o

Treble557

Play Vs heavy nepalms, and gunners lvl 65-75-80 you will not say same.

Soma is not OP at all.

Medium units are fodder people need tooo understand that.

But for star chart missions only sure soma can 1 shoot.

I laugh at threads like this.

And i have 4 forma soma.

Agreed, I've been in some games where I empty a Soma clip to kill one enemy. I believe it was some Nightmare mission. Also wave 50 or so in defense it doesn't do as well lol. I still like the gun, because I lost my Gorgon, and never found a way to get it back lol...I prefer the Gorgon's feel over Soma, just for a fun gun.

It's alright, though it sounds like you never touched Karak in all your time. The only real saving grace of the Soma over the other 'LMGs' is the lack of major recoil and great accuracy at range.

i have a 4 star karak atm thats potatoed. its the only ar i could stand and it still does less dps then the akvasto's. :< was really depressing to see my side arms so stronk while my beast mode karak was.. well, not very beast mode lol

Thing is i say things about gun only when i test it vs heavy units solo without powers.

I am glad someone understands me, threads like this are joke outside of endless missions soma i s god mode inside them soma is not OP overall at all.

Dps jerkers can only watch numbers.

I hope there will be even more nerf soma or soma op threads so i can laugh.

If you measure power only vs star chart non heavy units, mobs you are doing wrong.

Edited by SALE94

Play Vs heavy nepalms, and gunners lvl 65-75-80 you will not say same.

Soma is not OP at all.

Medium units are fodder people need tooo understand that.

But for star chart missions only sure soma can 1 shoot.

I laugh at threads like this.

And i have 4 forma soma.

People who still think it is OP without headshots vs Heavy gunners at that lvl, i will give you cookie.

With the soma's accuracy that doesn't seem like a problem. And if you have viral and radiation heavy grineer will still melt and be too stunned to attack.

Agreed, I've been in some games where I empty a Soma clip to kill one enemy. I believe it was some Nightmare mission. Also wave 50 or so in defense it doesn't do as well lol. I still like the gun, because I lost my Gorgon, and never found a way to get it back lol...I prefer the Gorgon's feel over Soma, just for a fun gun.

At those levels skill buffs are your best bet, but on't say "oh its not OP because at wave 50 it gets hard" You got to wave 50. The enemies are always increasing in power, of course eventually they'll be too tough.

Also I think gorgon is still a login reward.

Edited by immolator1001

Radiation yes vs bombers, nepalms, evilscerators.

Corrosive for heavy gunners, viral overall good for grineers.

But that still dont change fact that you must use soma good at that lvls/etc aim for head otherwise crits cant save you anymore vs fatass grineers elementals are only requirement.

Dps means nothing too me, is more of matter of unleaching full fire power faster/in  less seconds.

I am not saying soma is not awesome, it is but not deserve nerf at all.

Edited by SALE94

With the soma's accuracy that doesn't seem like a problem. And if you have viral and radiation heavy grineer will still melt and be too stunned to attack.

You can't mod a soma for Viral and radiation without sacrificing the crit mods that make the gun viable, one of the down falls of the soma is that you can only use a single combined element.

Also Viral has been nerfed pretty hard, you can't stack procs anymore and you have to let the first proc wear off before the next can do anything.

At those levels skill buffs are your best bet, but on't say "oh its not OP because at wave 50 it gets hard" You got to wave 50. The enemies are always increasing in power, of course eventually they'll be too tough.

Also I think gorgon is till a login reward.

I don't think it's that OP - I mean yeah, everything gets pretty hard to kill at wave 50 and up, but I consider the Penta and other guns to be overall stronger. It also depends on what you want....impact, slash, etc. I think every gun has their function, and I use the gun for the mission. If I'm fighting infested, anything with high slash is great. My akmagnus kill about as fast as my Soma. Of course, almost any gun with max serration and high impact/slash/puncture mods feels pretty darn strong.

Instead of one gun being able to do everything, I'd rather see guns tipped more to specific builds. With mods, I can make any gun good for rainbow damage. But  I would like to see something like Soma being great for Grineer for example, but bad at ripping through Corpus shields, so you have to use more gun types. Right now, for all the normal missions my Soma kills everything pretty much equally. I suppose that can be OP, but I can do the same with almost any gun.

I would like to point out though, --someone said karak isnt that good of a weapon..you aren't doing it right. I use karak constantly, it kills everything I aim it at. 

Saration 

poison+ice (viral?)

shred

**that other one that does pass through**

it kills everything, very quickly. Granted, I haven't potatoed it, or anything like that. and I haven't gone up against major hgh end mobs, but so far, its working fine.....no wait....its op....feathers and pompoms..

I don't think it's that OP - I mean yeah, everything gets pretty hard to kill at wave 50 and up, but I consider the Penta and other guns to be overall stronger. It also depends on what you want....impact, slash, etc. I think every gun has their function, and I use the gun for the mission. If I'm fighting infested, anything with high slash is great. My akmagnus kill about as fast as my Soma. Of course, almost any gun with max serration and high impact/slash/puncture mods feels pretty darn strong.

Instead of one gun being able to do everything, I'd rather see guns tipped more to specific builds. With mods, I can make any gun good for rainbow damage. But  I would like to see something like Soma being great for Grineer for example, but bad at ripping through Corpus shields, so you have to use more gun types. Right now, for all the normal missions my Soma kills everything pretty much equally. I suppose that can be OP, but I can do the same with almost any gun.

I don't think its OP but I think the costs are too lower. Should be moved to tenno labs. Also most of my guns kill at the same speed of the soma but thats just "instant." Really useful at high levels and a great gun, but too easy to get.

Soon you will get tired of 1 shotting everything and join us elite, using crappy weapons forgotten by time and turning them into god weapons.

^ What he said

Tired of explaining why I use the Miter or other 'bad' weapons. 

Hell, with a maxed out/6x forma MK 1 Braton you are still able to do all content in the game. 

One shotting or DPSin to death within a sec get's boring real quick. 

Every weapon can kill/1 shoot anyting outside of endless missions, with formas id give you that.

Still dont make soma OP but  soma dont needs formas too do that.

Strongest things i know were old acrid back in the day, and brakk with old crits + ubber elemental dmg + no range limit.

Now those things were in need for a  change.

So even weapons that are ankward/claimed as bad for usage still can waste whole star map.

Edited by SALE94

^ What he said

Tired of explaining why I use the Miter or other 'bad' weapons. 

Hell, with a maxed out/6x forma MK 1 Braton you are still able to do all content in the game. 

One shotting or DPSin to death within a sec get's boring real quick. 

Lol, I use the miter now and then. I love it, because it reminds be of the old Unreal weapon (Razorjack I think?).

You know what I really want to see in this game? The 8-ball launcher from the original Unreal!

So, I was toying around with many a gun during my time leveling from mastery rank 1-6. Pretty much every blueprint I could get off the market I built and tried out for a little bit (pre rank 6), and found a few weapons I really enjoyed. 

The AKVasto's are AMAZING pistols. Would never need other pistols ever again with em. Flexable, dmg monsters, solid fire rate, good feel, good projectile travel speed, solid base states. All around badass guns.

Then there was the Galatine. Holy S#&$, a sword after my own heart. Yeah the orthos prime has higher stats, but this sword still wrecks S#&$ in one charge attack regardless, so I see no need to run after a stick they use to get clothing off high shelves with at old navey (orthos prime is SO lame looking compared to the normal orthos(dat chrono cross weapon)).

Then came the assault rifles. I never really seemed to find one I felt was truly badass. Even when forma'd a bunch of times these things always fell short in damage to the akvasto's and galatine. I felt like there was nothing actually strong out there AR wise and kinda gave up on me. Until...

SOMA!!!!

WHAT THE HELL DE!! This thing WRECKS everything on any amount of legs at all times! The akvastos dont even compare to it! o.o

Was this intended? Did I stumble on to the end all be all gun in the game? or do they get even stronger then this at higher ranks? or are there even guns for higher ranks????

If this isnt intended btw, are the other guns gonna be brought closer to the soma in power without needing formas to even come close? Seems so odd.

you've been a member of this game since march of 2013 and you JUST noticed the soma?

yea, it does a lotta damage. my phage does more. big whoop lol. just use it or dont use it, but no nerf thread ideas.

The only people who think the Soma is the only good weapon for high level defense/survival are the people who never actually do high level defense/survival.

The Soma is a great rifle that will rip through most of the content you'll see. Properly modded, though, virtually any gun will do the same. At really high levels, you'll start to wish for a more ammo efficient gun.

Edited by omgwtflolbbl