The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Thick Are Enemies?

Verryn

Question

Just wanted to know how many people I could penetrate with punch-through mods. If possible could you give the answer in meters... or whatever the m stands for. :)

Title changed due to enemies. XD

Edited by Verryn

'People' is probably the wrong noun in that thread title...

Back in the day, it was mostly posited to be meters of total penetration beyond the first hit (total distance traveled after striking an object or enemy). It's sort of hard to tell now, but just 1.0 of Punch through is very noticeable when enemies are coming at you.

Infested are enemies too. :(

Lest you think of them as punching bags.

You said it yourself, and it seems, on your point of view, that they're the only enemies. So, what, the Corpus and Grineer are at peace with us, and we live happily ever after? Every character in the game is or was human, but it doesn't make them friendly.

This is through personal experimentation with the Seeker mod for pistols. 1.1 meters seems to be sufficient for punching through any single Infested- sometimes two if it's a Runner. Which was really helpful for leveling the Akvasto.

Edited by Adder1

I seriously was not sure what I was excepting I mean I am not like the people in Hollywood bu-

*cough* anyway

depends on the mod and the weapon

Most bows and sniper rifles have an innate punch through

of about.. 5m I think (which is more or less one footstep if you arent trying to tap the forward key)

so they go through doors and walls depending on how thick it is

A grineer might be  less than a meter thick with a shielded enemy (sheild lancer) being higher (not a meter but maybe close to it from experience)

My paris prime has the innate 5m + 1.2m and I can easily shoot through a door and hit several people behind it if they are lined up

reminding that, this may or may not be punch through as an enemy can die simply from the force of being stuck by a flying dead body.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Punch_Through_%28Mechanic%29

Edited by Anatolius

You said it yourself, and it seems, on your point of view, that they're the only enemies. So, what, the Corpus and Grineer are at peace with us, and we live happily ever after? Every character in the game is or was human, but it doesn't make them friendly.

Point taken at some point when someone mentioned they were once human, I had forgotten. :(

The m probably stands for meters. MKS is the most used system in the world, even in video games unless they use some personalized unit. 

Alternatively, we could start using the 'banana' measurement system that apparently is becoming prominent in some places...

Now, to address your question of how many can be put to suffer from punch-through. People have different thickness depending where you want to measure.

Torso? depends. Are they sideways or front/back? Also, depends on the season. If it is christmas season, they are probably going to be a lot thicker.

Arms? Depend on the owner of the arm and which arm it is. Right? Left? Is the person left handed? How long has it been single?

Legs? Depends if said person is an athlete. And what kind of athletic sport they do. Figure skating is no sport, or anything that requires judges for that matter. On this situation the answer could be a lot, even without mods. If the athlete is a marathonist (or however that's spelled) probably just 3-4 legs can be passed. If not done quickly, run, and take the chance their leg has received a recent injury to run away from them.

Fingers? Many. Many. Very much many of a lot many.

Head? Probably one person and you would need more punch-through to even go to the other side. 

As a note. Next time give more information for a more accurate response. Punch-through of shotguns I believe is lower than those for rifles. Also, for all we know, Grineers and Corpuses (like those collection of documents) could not be really people by aliens with humanoid form. the Infested are the rebellious mascots.

Edited by HellEnforcer

The m probably stands for meters. MKS is the most used system in the world, even in video games unless they use some personalized unit. 

Alternatively, we could start using the 'banana' measurement system that apparently is becoming prominent in some places...

*snip*

As a note. Next time give more information for a more accurate response. Punch-through of shotguns I believe is lower than those for rifles. Also, for all we know, Grineers and Corpuses (like those collection of documents) could not be really people by aliens with humanoid form. the Infested are the rebellious mascots.

I did not realize that each part of there body had it's own thickness. I'll aim for their arms, seeing as they are the thinnest and easiest to hit. xD

I'm not sure what I could have said to get a more accurate response other than the +# m punch-through on the mod.